sunday 8th...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday 8th...

quick jump in...just defrosting the car!!how are you all today then? good?out on my travels this morning...book holiday tomorrow...its Julies birthday soon ...so thats the present done!!:thumbsup:big shout to everyone,but glad your ok sl,and pauly ...keep the faith ..you can and will do it..saw this..now be honest folks..how many times have you been in this sort of scenario??have a good one..10917441_10206185886672773_2398701790602001800_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

I am back on track.
    Last edited by TheSunFlower97; February 8, 2015, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Quick pop in as its Sunday night, telly night and I am watching two well known British mini-series. One has spectacular scenery from the South Coast of the UK but some daft court scenes. Go on Molly -spill the beans!
      You all have a good Sunday. Hope you are feeling better SL as I know you are fragile at the moment - but you are also strong.
      Welcome back SF.
      Sound very chilly where you are Mick so stay warm. Where is the holiday planned for?

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Hope you're having a productive day Mick!
        Awesome cartoon

Welcome back SF! I have been thinking about you, good to see you again.

Hi there Molly & TT!
        Greetings to Sam, PQ, Pauly, Det, SL, Pie & everyone dropping in today.
        Had my granddaughter over night & it looks like she's staying until Tuesday, oh boy. And just to complicate matters the boys will be here from noon until ?? Wish me luck

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Greetings, Mick, TheSunFlower97, Molly, TT, Lav, and those yet to come. Clever cartoon, Mick, tho it took me a moment to notice the shadow on the wall. Reminds me a bit of Uncle Sam. Off to do taxes...

Comment

Mae everybody, good to see you SF,what happened?talk about it if you want, I always like to talk about the reasons for relapse but then I guess it ends up sounding like excuses was taking a walk and was a couple of streets over,these 20 something kids were just getting home from the club(hoochie clothes) anyways 2 girls and one guy were trying to get their extremely drunk guy friend out of the backseat, for some reason I started crying, just seeing that young guy so damn wasted and how bad al tears up the body just broke my heart no Louie last night, I guess his other gramma wanted to watch him, bout time! I missed him though but honestly I was so damn tired I went upstairs to watch tv at 6 pm,couldn't sleep even after taking 4 valerian pills, this is just something I'm gonna have to accept I guess, grrrr, hello to all,let's have a good Sunday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for the kickstart. Ooooh where are you off to this time? Didn't notice the shadow and had to go back and look after Pie pointed it out. LOL

SF...glad to see you back on track and so glad you posted. Stick around we missed you.

Molls...morning to you.

TT....hope you're off in never never land by now.

Lav...boy they sure take advantage of you lav. Sleep over turns into a 5 day event. Maybe the boys can help entertain.

Pie...thanks for pointing out the shadow. Waiting on one more slip before doing taxes. I don't mind them as there pretty straight forward for me.

Pauly...I agree about talking about relapse. It helps put things in perspective for me and no it doesn't sound like excuses. We all benefit. Yes it's sad when we know so much about al and see someone heading for trouble. Remember all we can do is look after ourselves. Glad you were able to get a break from Louie. The not sleeping is rough. Try looking for something called Ortho-Sleep. The combination of supplements in it works great for me. Hope you're having a good Sunday.

Visit with Dad was great yesterday. Very alert and talkative, even if some of it was shouting at us to shut up. LOL Two of my SIL's can get pretty loud when relaying stories. Was still a little cool so no outside walk. Think he enjoyed his foot massage though. Popping out to pick up the groceries I forgot yesterday and then it's laundry time...I don't iron. LOL

Have a Super Sober Sunday all and all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Glad your visit went well PPQP just got back from the grocery store myself and they had turkey breasts super cheap, so I'm gonna dig through the newbies nest and find the recipe Byrdie posted during Christmas, she cooked it in the crock pot and I want to try it,I agree that talking about relapse helps, but it's an embarrassing thing to admit, another thing that I've noticed is I could feel almost all of them coming on,I don't want to post as much, I have a shitty attitude, etc,this time I'm planning on catching it in its tracks

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Managed to start the Monday thread - its now or never!

Comment

Not going to think of Monday TT as Sunday just getting going - however, like Pie taxes are calling...
                    Yep, am fragile, but very aware, paying close attention, speaking my truth and getting thru it step by step. Was gald no not to have succumbed yesterday, and was pretty sure I would not - just fed up of the constant thoughts....they had diminished, but seem to be back in force.
                    PPQ - glad you saw your dad.
                    Molly - saw your Sunday post, hope all will turn around for you soon.
                    Hi SF - take kind care of you..
                    Morning Mick, Pauly and Lav
                    Sam - hopefully you are doing my taxes and that is why I have beaten you here??
                    Wet, wild and windy outside - ok enough procrastinating - taxes watch out - here I come......
                    Grammie watching with my teens tonight - we will make a bit of a treat of it - we are early to bed girls, so this is a treat - and they have Monday off so can enjoy...
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Luckily here in NZ most of the tax stuff is done automatically - that is if you are a wage and salary earner. It takes a lot of the hassle and procrastination out.

Comment

Don't want to hear about taxes! I usually have to pay hubs gets money back,however he can only claim Brady so he doesn't get very much anymore, back when all the kids were claimable we used to love tax time,btw,it took me an hour to find Byrdie's recipe, I thought it was Christmas but it was thanksgiving

Comment

Pauly, wasn't that recipe something to do with onion soup mix or some such thing?
                          I miss being able to buy turkey breast - they seem to have disappeared since ground turkey became so common.

I survived this busy day & decided I will be taking my granddaughter home tomorrow instead of Tuesday. She's in such a whiney stage right now......she needs to go home, ha ha! I feel myself getting crabby & I really don't want that. The month of February is rather depressingly crabby, LOL

Hi there PQ, glad your Dad visit went well. I take it your eye is still OK? Hope so!!

We are gathering all the tax stuff to dump off for the accountant. We haven't done our own taxes for years - too complicated with investments, pensions & all that stuff. We have to pay estimated federal & state taxes quarterly thru out the year & the accountant gets it just about right so there's no huge return to look forward to, that's for sure.

Wishing everyone a good night!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav,I hate that whiny stage! Louie has been like that cuz he was sick,makes me irritable and I feel like crabby nana P

Comment

hido ho ABerooos!

an unusually dark, rainy and gloomy weekend here so mostly stayed inside and did chores and watched movies.

Lav, how goes the daycare center

SunFlower, good to see you. what you been up to?

Pauly, that's very interesting. I think I also know on at least a subconscious level if I'm sliding toward a relapse.
                              I need to remember to rejoice in my sober life more often and not just put up with it. this is how I truly want to live
                              and I should act appropriately with the gratitude to match.

well, looking forward to an un-hung Monday

be well loves
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X