sattiday 21st feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sattiday 21st feb

and a grand mornin it is...freezin out there ground frost covering everywhere,and I have jst seen the foxes running across the fields so no rabbits out yet....well wiz looking for a fred start..but none..thought there was and I had missed it because tt had started the sl 12 monther..yes thats right.........................12 months today for Scottish Lass well done to you..you struggled,you challenged it ,put the effort in and got it so well deserved....so whatve we go today then?firstly a big brew...not here tomorrow...off on me jaunts early doors..ok large java/joe cawfees all round ...lets do it...

mornin tt ..tho reckon its nearer night time in upside downland ,how are you?anything doing for the rest of the weekend?

hiya bear, tis the weekend ...how are you today then?ok I hope ..have you unraveled all that a wee bit yet? did you go swimming?Ihavent been for ages now..reckon next time will be in the sea next week.

hiya lav...and hows you today then?all good hopefully ..anything been said about grandson?thing is he mustve got that from somewhere,or heard something...getting the tiling done next Thurs and friday....got 3 quotes ..from proper tilers...its 33 linear feet round the kitchen..so to put in the trim,lay the tiles 3 course high,put in longer electrical socket screws,silicon bead it so that the tiles dont touch the work top,then grout it all in lemon grout (to match the walls)...£150..and also he has an account at where I get the tiles from so using his trade account ,I get 15%discount!! not even worth me thinking about doing it..so that will be it almost finally finished ..7 months later!!got to renew the door into the conservatory,and rehang it to push outwards.. what message????for every time he kicks off ..take one of his engines away!!

hiya sam....same over here mate...weather is a bit brutal...going to be a late planting start this year!!whats happening over your way?

hiya pauly ,how are you today?all good I hope...hey next job is to get you up in the shiny 12 month lights.....you can do it :hug:btw ...any room for dinner bacon n eggz mmmm

mornin ppqp....how are you ?did the snow arrive?we have got amber alerts for the weather here ..you notice how everything is traffic lighted nowadays? what happens if you are colour blind !!just have a take it easy weekend if the weather is rubbish..an extended duvet day!!

hi pie ..how are you today?ok I hope...60 degrees?methinks my dear you are hoggin all the heat!!

hiya det..hows you today then?enjoy your shootout!!

right folks for the offski.....take it easy n have a good one......

riddles yesterday..

What can travel around the world while staying in a corner? a stamp

Paul's height is six feet, he's an assistant at a butcher's shop,has a 42 inch chest with a 34 waist, and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh? meat

There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a white house. Inside the white house there was a red house. Inside the red house there were lots of babies. What is it? a melon

Which word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly? incorrectly

Judas: Still on for Friday?

Jesus: Friday?

Judas: Yeah, the Last Supper.

Jesus: The what?

Judas: ermm Supper. Normal supper with the lads.

A fire has ripped through the Torch skyscraper in Dubai, one of the tallest residential buildings in the world.

And also one of the most appropriately named buildings in the world.

My boss phoned me.

He said, "You're fired."

I said, "Why? I haven't done anything!"

He said, "Exactly."

I was watching Jurassic park the other day, when I thought, "Not only does my son have a stupid name, but he's also a shit driver".

Taking the decision to bend over and tie your shoelaces on a moving escalator injects the added thrill of a 'time limit'.

somebody asked me today 'whats the capital of Greece??'

Apparently 'about £1.53' was the wrong answer..

Show of hands: Who here is an Iraqi thief?

I let my sister use my car to go to the shops, and she came back with a full tank.

Now I just need the rest of it.

As a matter of fact, I am God's gift to women.

But then again,yes I am a cake.

My wife thinks I steal the covers. I think they just have further to go her side.

todays puzzles ..oops forgot em!!

THINK TWICE
    Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?

PUZZLING PRATTLE (BY SAM LOYD)
    Two children, who were all tangled up in their reckoning of the days of the week, paused on their way to school to straighten matters out. "When the day after tomorrow is yesterday," said Priscilla, "then 'today' will be as far from Sunday as that day was which was 'today' when the day before yesterday was tomorrow!"
    On which day of the week did this puzzling prattle occur?

APPLES
    Apple Riddle
    A basket contains 5 apples. Do you know how to divide them among 5 kids so that each one has an apple and one apple stays in the basket?

PEARS
    There are a few trees in a garden. On one of them, a pear tree, there are pears (quite logical). But after a strong wind blew, there were neither pears on the tree nor on the ground.
    How come?

SACK
    A poor farmer went to the market to sell some peas and lentils. However, as he had only one sack and didn't want to mix peas and lentils, he poured in the peas first, tied the sack in the middle, and then filled the top portion of the sack with the lentils. At the market a rich innkeeper happened by with his own sack. He wanted to buy the peas, but he did not want the lentils.
    Pouring the seed anywhere else but the sacks is considered soiling. Trading sacks is not allowed. The farmer can't cut a hole in his sack.
    How would you transfer the peas to the innkeeper's sack, which he wants to keep, without soiling the produce?

SEA TALES
    The captain of a ship was telling this interesting story: "We traveled the sea far and wide. At one time, two of my sailors were standing on opposite sides of the ship. One was looking west and the other one east. And at the same time, they could see each other clearly."
    How can that be possible?
    Last edited by Mick; February 21, 2015, 11:32 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

hi there,quick whizz in - did nothing yesterday until evening - gig and home at 2am as a long drive.Did nothing in a good way,thinking that I'm really doing ok and don't have to deal with all work issues in one go - that I am definitely going to quit rollerderby and may message coaches this week.I finally realised angst it adds to my life - done fighting it trying to skirt round unpleasant issues.I'm stubborn and didn't want to be bullied out,but it's unpleasant to be around,plus there are other issues injury,time pressure etc.

So that's one thing sorted,feel quite sad as it can be fun,leaving some nice people but overall relieved and it's right decision.

Anyway,saturday happy days - day 35.
    happy weekend everyone.

Off to meet ex rollergirls for lunch and shopping trip,should be fun.
    Tomorrow gym and cleaning/sorting house out.
    one day at a time

Comment

hey it doesnt mean you have to leave the nice people ..just that now you have the choice not to be involved with the muppets!!!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mornin' Mick, Happy to see the watermelon puzzle answer; that one had me going. Did you select a tile installer? And yes, totally hogging the heat here, for a few more days, anyhow.

Well done, SL!

Hi Bear, and everyone.

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Well, I found out late last evening that my DIL needs to be at her church all day for some sort of training for something 7 my son is at work all day SO I will be watching the boys 8:30am to 3:30 pm or thereabouts. I'm not taking any prisoners today, LOL

Thanks for the startup Mick! Great on getting the professional in to do the tile job, you won't regret that

I'll check in later tonight if I have any brains left, ha ha!
          Have a good AF Day everyone.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

well done SL!!!
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL.....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Yup, the snow has arrived covering the frozen rain we got yesterday. Hopefully the road will improve before heading down to Dads. Good plan on having the tiles installed by someone else.

Bear...making a decision is great. It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong it's been decided and now you can move on. Enjoy your lunch and shopping trip.

Pie...I was glad to see that answer too. You hold onto that heat as long as you can, everyone else can wait their turn.

Lav...hope you have a successful time with the grandkids. Stick to your guns.

Morning Sam....

SL.....CONGRATS ON YOUR 1 YEAR

Must be off and rustle something up for breakie. Have a Super Sober Saturday all and all to come....:smile:PPQP

Comment

SL,massive congratulations on a year sober xx
                one day at a time

Comment

:yay: CONGRATS SL - I was just at your party

Boys have gone home, peace has been restored!
                  Now we have to get outside to deal with the 6 or so inches of snow - swell.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, late check in for me, glad all went good with the boys Lav,still having a horrible time with sleep but I just accept it I guess, I just don't like that full body exhaustion that makes me sort of twitchy, I'm tapering off of an anti anxiety med that I've been on for years and I know that's most of the reason, however you guys know I've had insomnia way before this,getting through work today took a miracle but I did it,hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

SATURDAY!!! Told you I'm exhausted hahaha
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks Abber friends :hug:
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Thanks for asking after me Mick (and others) all is well here esp as tonight is Broadchurch and The Missing on the tellie.
                          Its so great that SL is now into her second year. Soon that will be your turn too, Bear, Pauly, Det and Pie.

Comment

I was watching Jurassic park the other day, when I thought, "Not only does my son have a stupid name, but he's also a shit driver".

I'm embarrassed to tell you how long it took me to finally get this joke. Good one, Mick!

Comment

Congrats SL! It is really hard to make 1 year...and congrats to you!

We had decent temps today....but it rained like dogs all day. Still not going anywhere!

Comment

Working...
                              X