monday 23rd Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday 23rd Feb

good morning one and all..monday morn again..so we are all ready full of beans rarin to go??yesterday wasnt too successful for me..cold ,soaked thru and came home early wow it was cold and yet this morning the sun ..yes sun is peeking out already!!mad mad weather..so how was the weekend for folks ?any extraordinary skydiving ,bungeee jumpin or the like?

lets see shall we ..tean and java on the go.....

mornin mrs McGinty...hows the world in Erin today then?how are you doing?sometimes I think I get insomnia,but hey I aint gonna lose any sleep over it! ok I thought it was funny ..whats on the me n u for today ?any grand plans?

hiya bear,hows you today?all good ?gotta agree with Lav,probably the best to bin off the roller derby, seemed to cause you more probs than enuff..big thing is tho..you need to make sure that you fill your time with some other interest..any ideas?

mornin lav...well do you need an extra extra large brew this morning?how did it all go?saw on of your pics on fb..the guy in the background at the time ..he didnt look too enthralled!!still as long as little un enjoyed it thats the main thing!!windy but sunny here today....almost into the garden weather...not bad considering it was trying its best to snow yesterday!!

hiya sam..how are you today my friend? did you get all the ploughing done?so whats the agenda for this week?

hiya pauly..wow ..eeyore jammies ...??darent tell Julie she ll want some..how are you this fine day?sounds like you had some bad experiences in the past with sitters,no wonder that idea hacks you off...how you doing with the garden ..any progress? my bougie is just one serious little stick with some greeen bitz on it!!

hiya Narilly how are you today then?hows the weekend been ?

wow few missin..big shout to you all!!!take it easy and have a great day folks....

I'm giving up autocorrect for Lint.

Some scientists have warned that once computers become intelligent, they will surpass mankind and render us obsolete, in a Terminator-type situation.

Fortunately thanks to the Internet, once computers become as intelligent as us they'll just spend all day watching cat videos on YouTube.

American servicemen now refer to Hillary Clinton's airplane as...

"Broomstick One".

My Internet Provider doesn't allow me to download songs for free so I rang them to complain. Problem solved, I recorded the 16 songs they played whilst put on hold.

I have invented a dating show where contestants get to choose from a range of potential partners, all of whom smell.

Its called BO Selecta!

The man who invented the snooze button died earlier today

His funeral will take place next Thursday at 2pm, and again 9 minutes later.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -

Two Unicorns were on Noah's Ark when one said to the other, "Hi, I'm George."

The other replies, "Pleased to meet you George, I'm Arthur."

saturdays puzzles

THINK TWICE
    Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks? Neither, they both weigh one pound.

PUZZLING PRATTLE (BY SAM LOYD)
    Two children, who were all tangled up in their reckoning of the days of the week, paused on their way to school to straighten matters out. "When the day after tomorrow is yesterday," said Priscilla, "then 'today' will be as far from Sunday as that day was which was 'today' when the day before yesterday was tomorrow!"
    On which day of the week did this puzzling prattle occur?

The two children were so befogged over the calendar that they had started on their way to school on Sunday morning!

APPLES
    Apple Riddle
    A basket contains 5 apples. Do you know how to divide them among 5 kids so that each one has an apple and one apple stays in the basket?

4 kids get an apple (one apple for each one of them) and the fifth kid gets an apple with the basket still containing the apple.

PEARS
    There are a few trees in a garden. On one of them, a pear tree, there are pears (quite logical). But after a strong wind blew, there were neither pears on the tree nor on the ground.
    How come?

At first, there were 2 pears on the tree. After the wind blew, one pear fell on the ground. So there where no pears on the tree and there were no pears on the ground..??

SACK
    A poor farmer went to the market to sell some peas and lentils. However, as he had only one sack and didn't want to mix peas and lentils, he poured in the peas first, tied the sack in the middle, and then filled the top portion of the sack with the lentils. At the market a rich innkeeper happened by with his own sack. He wanted to buy the peas, but he did not want the lentils.
    Pouring the seed anywhere else but the sacks is considered soiling. Trading sacks is not allowed. The farmer can't cut a hole in his sack.
    How would you transfer the peas to the innkeeper's sack, which he wants to keep, without soiling the produce?

Pour the lentils into the innkeeper's sack, bind it and turn inside out. Pour in the peas. Then unbind the sack a pour the lentils back to your sack.

SEA TALES
    The captain of a ship was telling this interesting story: "We traveled the sea far and wide. At one time, two of my sailors were standing on opposite sides of the ship. One was looking west and the other one east. And at the same time, they could see each other clearly."
    How can that be possible?

The sailors were standing back against the sides of the ship so they were looking at each other. It does not matter where the ship is (of course it does not apply to the North and South Pole).

todays.....

Three people check into a hotel. They pay $30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager finds out that the room rate is $25 and gives the bellboy $5 to return to the guests. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that $5 would be difficult to split among three people so he pockets $2 and gives $1 to each person. Now each person paid $10 and got back $1. So they paid $9 each, totaling $27. The bellboy has another $2, adding up to $29.
    Where is the remaining dollar?

Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, at the same time, in the same month and year and yet they're not twins.
    How can this be
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for the coffee Mick, sure needed it this morning!
    Yes, the grump in the background was YB 'enjoying' the party, ha ha! He actually did enjoy it - as much as he enjoys anything. The birthday girl was happy & that's what really counts
    Today will be a trip to Curves followed by some tax work - gotta love this time of year. It's cloudy & cold here, not a gardening sort of day, LOL

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a wonderful AF Monday for all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Abbers, Mick and Lav for sure plus all to come.

Wondering if I've hit a flat spot in my quit that's now 7-8 months in. Think I'll do some reading to see what others have experienced.

Mick, for how long have you been doing the secret missions?
      Last edited by Pie; February 23, 2015, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Mick, a great batch of chuckles this morning!! Auto correct is my worst enema.

Lav, there used to be a song on the radio where this comedian sang that he did 2 tours of duty in Viet Nam, but he didn't survive an afternoon in Chuckie Cheese Hell! Bahahaha!
        Hugs to all, B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

How do all
          plowed snow till about 6 pm last night. I sometimes get concerned for some of the older friends in my neighborhood in the slick weather. It is so easy to have your feet fly out from under you on icy surfaces. Not much on the agenda for the week, hope to finish taxes, I just really hate that BS.

Pie, good idea to look around, I know I've read threads here on the flat spot, maybe over in 100 Days thread. Don't think about what you've given up, rather what you've gained.

Be well good friends
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hey all quick whizz in,had some lovely messages from roller people and had a little cry.
            Feel much more relived and freer - went to spin class tonight,tough but plan to continue with that,plan to do body pump and yoga too and at some point do a dressmaking course and also go back to weight watchers,

I also plan to be a rollerderby fan and watch and cheer and help out at games - still so not totally out - just no more BS and competing myself.

Happier.Hope everyone had a good day,
            one day at a time

Comment

Mae everybody, I thought I checked in this morning but guess not, was in an exhausted mode yet again, I had been reading about sleep remedies and kudzu came up so Saturday night I took 2 before bed when I woke up at my terrible hour I took 2 more, slept a good 6 and a half hours, so I thought woo-hoo I've found the cure,tried it again last nite and had zee worst sleep ever! So I shit canned the rest of the bottle, didn't take my walk cuz it rained all night and it gets too slick,making teriyaki chicken for dinner tonight, Brady likes it and he's a picky eater, ugh,tired of being groggy, some days lack of sleep doesn't even bother me,other days I feel shaky and exhausted like a marathon runner gets towards the end of the race, hope everyone is having a good day
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Checking in to stay accountable.
                Cold is back full force...man going on 3 weeks now. :sad:
                It even hurts to read the posts!
                Psuly...I'm right there in exhausted mode with you.
                Hope we both get some sleep tonight.....will check in again in the morning.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

There's so much ice around here - it's scary to walk or drive. I did my very best to stay alert & mindful today & guess who fell on the ice at work? Not me - YB did, LOL
                  He's OK, just pissed off about it, ha ha!!

Sam, my chickens are starting to increase egg production already - they know Spring is on the way
                  Nice of you to keep an eye on the neighbors during this cold spell. We're expecting -2 degrees in the morning, yikes!!

bear, that's nice that you're receiving nice messages from the roller crowd.
                  Be careful about over-scheduling yourself now - you have a history of doing that & overwhelming yourself!

Pauly, you do know that insomnia is a menopause sign, right? That & the anxiety & depressive episodes all add up to the big M! Regardless of what your hormone levels are right now, I have a feeling that's what is going on with you. I felt like I was losing the last of my damn mind, LOL
                  I hope you can get some sleep soon. Have you tried an OTC called Alteril? I pop two & am asleep in an hour

PQ, the cold is getting so tiresome. I'm sure you have it worse than Sam & I do, ugh.
                  Get some rest!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Byrdy, Sam, Pauly, and PQ.

Got my last door painted today, so now just some trim left. Also, dusted off the chop saw, and made the angle cuts on my crown molding, using settings found in owner's manual, and many practice pieces. Need an extra pair of hands to nail it in place on the ceiling. Mick, I remembered to sand the cut edges, so hoping the install will go reasonably well.

I sure enjoyed the one-year celebrations for SL and Rahul yesterday. So much strength here on MWO.

Comment

Hey, Lav. Sorry to hear about YB's fall. As cold as I think its is here today, I got nothin' to complain about compared to what most of y'all are dealing with this winter. Stay safe.

Comment

Lav, I just fell on the ice myself - with my hands full. It was in a dark parking lot so no witnesses!

Pie, did you find what you were looking for about feeling flat? I know Pav had it around 7-9 months or so. It hit me at ~ 4-6. It passes. And is so much better than drunk, anyway! xx

Comment

Lav,I have seen alteril in the store, is it safe to take with the amoryn?NS,your right on! Was driving home and dwelling on how shitty I feel, then thought"you know I may feel yucky but it's still not as bad as a hangover!"(although being tired feels like one) but at least I'm NOT beelining straight to the gas station for beer,for some reason when I'm sick from drinking I stupidly think more is gonna help! Stupid alcoholic thinking
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

NS, this is funny. After several "flat" searches, I went Advanced and searched for flat and your username. Returned only a recipe thread from 2013. So I got some good recipes!

Comment

Hmmm... It wouldn't have been for flatbread 'cause I don't eat it :wink:. I've never had much luck with the search function on this site. A good thing to do while "flat" is take up a new challenge so how about you make all those real food recipes and let us know which are best :smile:.

Hang in there, Pauly. A bad day sober truly is better than any day we choose to drink. xx

Comment

Working...
                              X