tuesday 24th Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuesday 24th Feb

mornin all...what colours the sky on your planet today then???:congratulatory:and what are we up to?just had a look..17 posts on here yesterday..pretty good for this little fred..mind you,some regular names on here on the nae booze cruise,so we do ok..tbh ,I prefer to just mainly stay on this fred,with general wanderings..there is a good one about gardening...which could prove pretty good too..anyways woffling over time to move on...tea n coffee on the go...

good morning Lav hows you today?need a brew?yes thought that was yb in the background..but didnt want to put my foot in it...can be good at that sometimes..as long as the little un enjoyed it...tax man..I wish you well..twisted yesterday and it nearly sent me back to day 1 with that lump!!so pleased there wasnt a swear box around!!just shows you ..the slightest daft thing can cause you grief!! you be careful on that ice!!

hiya pie..how are you today?feeling any better?as I recall yes hit flat spots too,cant remember how I dealt with it ..but pretty sure it would have been a challenge of some sorts..either running swimming making something etc..its just a phase..just like at work at home etc,have you ever thought ..could do with a break/change..fed up with this routine..and thats just human nature..most of us get bored with routine either in a small or large way ,so just alter it a wee bit..dont know if I have said all that properly!as for as you call it Ive been doing my "secret sundays for about 14 years now,..enjoy it ..its interesting and fun.. what you are doing will take your mind off it ..especially with a chop saw!! Im making a glass topped cabinet at the mo..was sanding it down and staining it so took the glass out laid it on the chair ..then sat on it..so if its going to be glass topped I need more glass..smashed it with me ass!!

mornin byrdie hows you today?all good maam? yep hate the autocorrect on my phone too..writing something and concentrating on the keys then you read the pasta and it makes no sauce at all!! have a great day..

hiya sam...how are you today?clever me I actually thought you were ploughing out the ground not shovelling the snow ..!!duh...

hiya bear how are you ?all good today..see you havent lost contact with your friends,but now you pick n choose what to do..must say youve picked quite a few things to do to fill that gap tho...good luck to you..tho dont think you need it ..reckon you are on the winning side now :sohappy:

hiya ppqp...oh no the lurgy back again ..here quick chicken soup..dont know about over there ..but over here thats what everyones gran gave them when they werent feeling too good!!hope you shake it off pretty quick....

hiya pauly...so no sleep again?think I tried kudzu when i started stopping? drinking..didnt rate it at all tho some people swear by it..could be the menonpause as lav says..I dont know bout that..I know the recieving end :exclaim:

hiya narilly hows the prairie today then?snow covered??hope you are well..

hiya no sugar how are you today then ?ok..not bad wiit the search function on here absolutely pathetic with the live chat ..tried it coupla times..wouldnt know how to work it if it hit me in the face!!hope you have a good day..still got your hands full?

right peeps time to go..got a puncture yesterday so thats the starting point,then get glass,then the tiles, then the shopping list Ive been given loosely called things we need on holiday??

few missing so hope you are all ok.. mcginty twins det ,dtd et al is like a code this!!

take it easy..

So Mr Grey from 50 shades is a billionaire and in to bondage.
    I wonder how many women would still be interested if he was just a kinky pervert picking up his giro from the post office tomorrow ?

I had my lifeguard job interview and I was asked what my strengths were. So I took a deep breath...

held it for ten minutes, and they hired me.

Pacquiao's being paid a whopping 100 million dollars to fight Floyd Mayweather.

Mayweather's ex-girlfriend must feel like a right idiot, she did it for free.

I was chatting to this girl on one of these men-in-uniform dating sites, and I could tell she was getting pretty excited when I hinted that my job involved fire and people whose lives were in mortal danger.
    she cut me off when we swapped pictures - how the fck was I to know she wasn't into Burger King uniforms?

It’s hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

I used to think the brain was the most important organ. Then I thought, look what’s telling me that.

The midget fortune teller who kills his customers is a small medium at large.

A farmer in the field with his cows counted 196 of them, but when he rounded them up he had 200.

What does a nosey pepper do? Get jalapeño business.

What is Bruce Lee’s favorite drink? Wataaaaah!

The dyslexic devil worshipper sold his soul to Santa.

You kill vegetarian vampires with a steak to the heart.

There was a prison break and I saw a midget climb up the fence. As he jumped down her sneered at me and I thought, well that’s a little condescending.

If you want to catch a squirrel just climb a tree and act like a nut.

So this guy with a premature ejaculation problem comes out of nowhere.

A magician was walking down the street and turned into a grocery store.

A blind man walks into a bar. And a table. And a chair.

Why don’t you ever see hippopotamus hiding in trees? Because they’re really good at it.

Did you hear about the Mexican train killer? He had locomotives.

How does NASA organize their company parties? They planet.

Why can’t you hear a pterodactyl go to the bathroom? Because the “P” is silent.

What kind of shoes do ninjas wear? Sneakers.

Why does Snoop Dogg carry an umbrella? Fo’ drizzle.

Did you hear about the new corduroy pillows? They’re making headlines everywhere!

Why was six afraid of seven? Because seven was a well known six offender.

What time is it when you have to go to the dentist? Tooth-hurtie.

My friend recently got crushed by a pile of books, but he’s only got his shelf to blame.

What did Jay-Z call his girlfriend before they got married? Feyoncé.

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like banana.

How many kids with ADHD does it take to change a light bulb? Let’s go play on our bikes.

What do you call dangerous precipitation? A rain of terror.

What’s the best part about living in Switzerland? Not sure, but the flag is a big plus.

Two fish are in a tank. One turns to the other and asks “How do you drive this thing?”

Why can’t a bike stand on its own? It’s two tired.

31. Why didn’t the lifeguard save the hippie? Because he was too far out man!

Last night I almost had a threesome, I only needed two more people!

What do you call a big pile of kittens? A meowntain.

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Just went to an emotional wedding. Even the cake was in tiers.

When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble.

I wrote a song about a tortilla. Well actually, it’s more of a wrap.

Three people check into a hotel. They pay $30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager finds out that the room rate is $25 and gives the bellboy $5 to return to the guests. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that $5 would be difficult to split among three people so he pockets $2 and gives $1 to each person. Now each person paid $10 and got back $1. So they paid $9 each, totaling $27. The bellboy has another $2, adding up to $29.
    Where is the remaining dollar?

the bellboy takes the five dollars & gives three back to the people $25 + $3 = $28 + the $2 pocketed = the original $30

Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, at the same time, in the same month and year and yet they're not twins.
    How can this be they were triplets..

this is worth a look...

Last edited by Mick; February 24, 2015, 04:25 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Ahoy Abbers! I thought the jalapeno pepper joke would be my favorite today, but too many clever ones to choose from. And then there's the one about the guy who smashed his glass with his ass!

Yep, I'm in a rut. Need to take some action.

How are our ice victims from yesterday?
    Last edited by Pie; February 24, 2015, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Woke up to sunny, blue skies today & a freezing 3 degrees
      This is getting tiresome but the end is in sight (I hope).

Mick, I think maybe you should sit down (preferably not on glass) & rest yourself! I can see you getting into trouble & requiring a surgical fix if you're not careful. Stella & I will happy to nurse you back to health Take it easy today fella!

Pie, I had to look for some new & interesting things to keep my monkey mind busy when I quit. I ended up getting some new business & wound up spending a good deal of time watching my 1st grandson when his Mom returned to school to finish her degree. Then again when I was 14 months into my quit YB suddenly & unexpectedly lost his damn mind & took off. That's a very long story that I won't bore you with but that was when I decided to go join Curves! I decided to do something positive for myself & not return to drinking AT him (which is precisely what I think he was trying to get me to do). Sounds stupid & complex & it is!
      You can fill your life with anything you want - think happy & positive activities. Are you into gardening? We have a few happy gardeners & a real life farmer (Sam) on this thread

OK, back to my tax work - today I will finish this project, I swear!!!!

Have a good AF Tuesday everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for the chicken soup, but I am getting a little tired of it. Feel much better today as I managed to get 7 hours sleep last night. :yay: You be careful, you don't want to end up back at day 1.

Pie...sorry you're still in a funk. I agree action is needed. Hope you sort it out soon.

Lav...sun hasn't come up yet but it is 46F at the moment. Temps falling to 17F with snow tonight so will enjoy the day as much as I can.

Off to make breakie and then out the door. Have a Terrific AF Tuesday all and all to come....:smile:PPQP

Comment

now fixed.....new glass...same old ass!!!!pie..in a rut.....get some ooomph!!! :thumbsup:
          Last edited by Mick; February 24, 2015, 09:14 AM. Reason: koodnt spel
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, you're right Pie, too many good ones,I like the dyslexic selling his soul to Santa haha, those pics are cool Mick, needed a distraction this morning, I feel so bad for Dottie,hernia surgery is so routine, poor dear we brought the bunnies in last night cuz it's been chilly and Betty White shed all over my area rug,it looks like the bottom of a chicken coop!looks like white feathers everywhere, she's so calm compared to Dr.Chocolate, he's wild and crazy haha, Kellie loves her new job she was so happy that it's a busy shop and the people are nice, so good for her,you guys make me feel old with the menopause talk but there's no denying that I think it's looking like it,Lav,hormone panels would'nt show that?I guess it would depend on what time of the month it is or something I dunno, gonna pick up some Alteril today, it's kinda pricey for a sleep aid but if it works, it's worth it,alrighty my friends hello to all and I'll be back this afternoon have a great Tuesday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

pauly........1613866_855525751176388_8713594163627144979_n.jpg

Comment

That is probably the most I have laughed in the morning ever, that Mayweather joke had me rolling! Good stuff

Comment

hey everyone quick post after work - just had pedicure and waiting for dinner to cook.
                  Day 38 - wahoo - think may have a bit of pink cloud today - or just enjoying feeling peaceful and not conflicted.

It sounds like I'm replacing rollerderby with a lot but out of the minimum of 8 hours minimum a week i used to spend on it/travel most of it at weekends - I'm now spending 3 hours at the gym,with zero travel.

I plan to start dressmaking in summer and possible weight watchers in April.,
                  Enjoying not having to be anywhere at weekends,unless I choose to be!
                  I may be calming down a bit - few plans for house - but gradually bit by bit through the year.Happy Tuesday everyone.
                  one day at a time

Comment

Dressmaking sounds fun Bear,and you won't get bruises!I seriously need to find some hobbies, aside from hanging out with my family and working probably the only thing I like doing is my long walks, I clear my head,think things out,plus I find cool stuff on the side of the road, sunglasses, lighters,money, etc it's my adventure time plus on garbage day sometimes there's nice stuff set out( gross but fun) hubs gets mad cuz he says I bring home more junk but it's only good stuff, it's kinda like free yard sales PPQP,6 or 7 hours of sleep is what I strive for, my coworker said she got 9 hours last night, I'm like how do you do that?!?Hope everyone is having a good day

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening all
                      been out and about, enjoying the snow. Snapped a few after feeding this morning:

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

there's a certain feeling of solitude in the winter that I enjoy.
                      Last edited by Samstone; February 24, 2015, 06:58 PM.
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Looks pretty Sam but keep it over there haha,it snowed here yesterday on the west side only rain on my side

Comment

Paula, you would get along well with my hubby! He goes dumpster diving at the recycling center and has found some pretty neat stuff on garbage day as well. Cjs boyfriend found an old trunk in the garbage and refinished and spruced it up for her. It's actually really nice.

Comment

See Liz, one man's junk is another man's treasure haha

Comment

popping in again. It hard when all my posts....well, never make it Life is really pretty cool over here. I realize I had a huge transition point in my life.....and glad that is beyond me. Bear....I love you....seen you come and go so many times. Do you really want to stay? If so, you may want to take the advice of others.

I seriously love my life now. I don't spend much time on-line as I am out teaching. Know that I love you guys.....but, I do also use my f2f group. I love how we have all come together..

Comment

Working...
                              X