Monday March 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday March 2

Wow....haven't started the thread in forever. Mick left this for us....

Scientists say that the most complex computer in the known universe, the human brain, uses only 20 Watts of power.

So I'm off to wire my head up to the mains socket and become a super-genius.

Can't believe no-one's thought of this before.

My friends tell me all the time that I should "Catch up and get with the times".

I don't have to listen to them, I'm the one with tickets to see Michael Jackson Live tonight!

As I sat down in the pub last night some bloke said to me, "Oi you, my wife is sitting there."

"Oh, is she?" I replied.

"Yes!" he said, "Get off her fcking lap."

I was thrilled when this beautiful girl came up and asked me for a date.

Then I realised it was just because I work at a dried fruit stand.

I've yet to see any gravy companies on the stock market.

I went into the library and asked if they had a copy of the book, "How to spot a lady-boy".
    He said, "I'm sure we do, it's probably tucked away somewhere".
    I said "That's the one".

Dialled 999 earlier. The devil arrived and did a headstand.

I tried lots of different jumpers on in Primark today.

After the 14th one, I pulled back the curtain and said to my wife, "How do I look?"

"Unusually fat and very sweaty." she replied.

This one time,me and my mate robbed a bank with stockings instead of balaclavas

Our legs looked well sexy.

Why is it that when you wake up, people ask you if you've had a good sleep?

Well I don't fcking know do I? I was asleep.

Good morning Abbers!

Good job PQ - you sound like a mini Mick

I hope Mick is enjoying a day of fun in the sun!
    Everything is iced over here, schools closed, people's lives delayed or cancelled for the day, ha ha.
    I think I'm just going to stay put & not risk accident and/or injury today. I have plenty to do here while waiting for this icy glaze to melt!

Greetings to everyone & wishing a great AF Monday for all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, thanks for the kick off PPQP, well yesterday was interesting, I cooked breakfast and a few hours later started having tummy troubles, i thought maybe it was the roast I cooked the day before maybe,but nobody else was sick,it just got progressively worse through out the day and I'm freaking out,thinking it's a virus or something, had a crappy nights sleep but feel ok today, got up had some coffee and a light bulb went off,I had eaten some strawberry jelly that tasted "off" I even commented to Bobby that it tasted vinegary,shame on me!duh,if it tastes weird don't eat it!anyways that's how my afternoon/ evening turned out, couldn't eat dinner cuz I was scared to, plus I was so nauseous anyways choked down a yogurt and probiotics,what a day! Hope Mick has a fun trip, lucky dog, Lav,I agree just stay home, it rained a lot here yesterday and I try to stay home cuz people drive crazy in the rain here,hello to all, let's have a good Monday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hey everyone - zooming in - finally got stuck into writing assignment
        today - doing bit today,bit saturday,bit sunday and finishing the thing Monday

thanks for starting us off PPQ - and Pauly - you have my sympathy, had food poisoning couple of weeks ago and still mostly eating sandwiches and not into cooked food.

happy af day everyone - day 43 here!
        one day at a time

Comment

Hey PQ. Well-done on the thread start, and thanks for doing that.

Hi Lav, This winter's one for the books. Hope you enjoy your day in.

Hi Pauly, Congrats on your 30+ days. And Bear, on your 43.

I made it to a yoga class this morning. Gets me in touch with everything that's good in the world. There are two more classes this evening that would fit in my schedule. Let's see what I do about that.

Comment

Hi PQ, thanks for starting the thread.
            Enjoy the Michael Jackson concert tonight!

Have a great sober Monday everyone.
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Narilly....man was it cold out today. Little mini blizzard to start our day eh?
              Long day for me....looking forward to curling up and getting warm.
              Have a peaceful evening all.......:smile:PPQP

Comment

The sun came out, melted the ice then the temp dropped & everything is icy again - broken record I'm afraid.
                Just to make it interesting the weather folks are now warning us of a three day long storm starting tomorrow with more snow & ice :sad:
                I wish I had tagged along with Mick!!!

Hi there pauly - geez, I hope you feel better fast! I just went through my fridge recently & tossed open jars of things if I couldn't remember buying & opening them. We leave stuff sitting there too long I think.

bear, everything in balance - right? Work, play, balance!

Pie, enjoy the extra yoga classes

PQ, stay warm lady - you too narilly!

Greetings to Sam & Det - check in guys!!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Have a great sober night everyone. Stay sober!
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

A hoy hoy ABeroooos across the fruited (if frozen) plains....

PPQ, grazie for the nice kickstart and funnies.

Lav, hope your all set with your prepper supplies. yikes! we got a little snow flurry today but not too bad.

Pauly, you could be fighting of a (hopefully mild) case of botulism or something from the bad jam. hope yer feeling better quickly.

Pie, yoga is great.. I really miss that but it's all I can do to get to fencing once in a while due to my insane travel sched.

speaking of which...I'm actually home (yay!) so I'm off to fencing!

Bear and Pauly, mega kudos on AF time

be well loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X