Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Saturday March 7

Good Saturday morning Abbers

Freezing cold, just 7 degrees but sunny! Spring arrives in two weeks, can't wait! Also can't wait until this snow melts!!

Can't think of any jokes but I did make coffee for everyone - please help yourselves
    Have a great day - I'm off to pickup my youngest grandson for a Mimom day, yay!!!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Morning ALL
    tis a cold one here as well, Lav. Looks like it is gonna warm up and be a nice though. Went for the airport job interview yesterday, nobody bothered to email me in time that it had been cancelled due to weather. Guess it was a job delay. Got home and received an email for a job interview for USPS set for Feb 13, 2015 at 12:30 AM. I began to wonder if I maybe slipped into the twilight zone or something when a corrected email showed up later. Sheesh.... , Oh well better than nothing happening.

all for now, off to feed animules. Be well everyone
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

morning,well afternoon - bed at 2am last night so bt tired even though I slept until 10am - assignment this weekend - must get going.

all good here,need more coffee so thanks Lav

good luck with job samstone - hope it's what you want and you get it.

Not much today,assignment,party for a bit later(low key and I'm driving) and TV with OH then early night ready for gym class tomorrow and a day of studying.
      Happy saturday everyone - day 48 here can't quite believe it but am happy,chilled and making plans in a doable low key way - who Am I??
      one day at a time

Comment

MAE all.

Ta for the coffee, Lav.

Sam, my first thought was 'hope it's not a Friday the 13th interview'. Hope both interviews go well when they happen.

Some puns for you. The first one's for Pie, of course.

The fattest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference -- too much pi.

I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.

A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.

A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.

Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.

A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other: 'You stay here; I'll go on a head.'

A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: 'Keep off the Grass.'

The soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.

A backward poet writes inverse.

Great Saturday to all of you!
        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Lav....thanks for starting us off and yes pass the coffee. Have a Marvelous Mimom Day.

Sam...so was the corrected email for March 13, 2015? Cancelled airport job, on the plus side it got you out of the house. I know what you mean about running out of hay. Always dreaded those winter drives to haul hay. Have a good one.

Bear...Who am I?...The New & Improved Bear. Congrats on day 48. Love the "making plans in a doable low key way"...by jove I think she's got it.

DTD...thanks for the puns, well done. Great Saturday to you too.

Mick...actually googled Billy the Beetroot to see if I could find a funny pic and low and behold there is actually such a person. You learn something new every day. LOL No rival here, paid attention to Sam's comment about taking on a new job. I think I'll pass on the bin project. You protect that noggin of yours.

Det...sounding good and calm. Been awhile since an early morning shoot hasn't it? Have a great day.

Despite the eye issue I'm also feeling good and calm. My sleep seems to be returning to normal. Off for my Dad visit and with this weather we may get outdoors :yay: We are 12 degrees above our norm. Big shout out to all to come.......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya folks.. How's the weekend doing for everyone.. Tried to get on earlier. But no chance.. Temp just now is 23.. Soon be back in the cold tho.. Watched the show tonight..want the greàtest..DTD..your jokes were better how's the eye ppqp?..nearly the day 50 bear..hiya Sam.chin up mate..there is a job with your name on it mate..hiya lab...hope your day went well with grandson.. Big hi to ebberybuddy.... Last day tomorrow.. Then back to the cold have a great weekend..
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Whoa, DTD, a pi pun! Loved it, and the others were mighty clever too! :welldone:

Hi Lav, Had my fill of coffee early this morning, but I'd love a cup of tea if it's not too much trouble.

Sam, that's a dang shame they didn't notify you of interview cancellation. I'm peeved at them on your behalf. Not sure what to make of the USPS date mix up, 'cept they're both Friday the13th. And did you say, AM? Could be in for a doozy of a day.

Nice going, Bear. Really nice.

Hi PQ, Now I'm gonna have to google Mr. Beetroot to see what his story is. Glad you're feeling well. Sleep was one of my biggest worries when I first stopped drinking. Turns out sobriety has actually improved my sleep.

Hey Mick, How's the food where you are? Sampling local delicacies? Got any favorites?

I had a wonderful impromptu visit from a friend I haven't seen in 3 years. She's just my second visitor since moving into this place, so enjoyed showing her all my projects, and loved hearing news of people we worked with for many years. I'm pretty certain she doesn't know about my drinking, and I didn't get into it today, but one day I probably will. I actually owe her an apology because on the day her son got married, I was a no-show for reasons every one of you will guess. Better than showing up drunk, but I know it hurt her feelings, even though she's too polite to say so.

It's now 6pm, and I have one more errand to run before settling in for the evening. Anyone seen the Netflix series Weeds? OMG! I'm watching the season one dvd, and laughing my butt off! Reminds me of DTD's pun to "Keep Off The Grass" LOL

Comment

Working...
              X