No announcement yet.

wednesday 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening All, I've been mulling over your comments today on my renting question, and just can't wait until tomorrow to say thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. So, with your very valid cautions in mind, I believe I'll stay open to the possibility of a roommate, but only if it's someone I know.

Love you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
      Oh, I must have made a typo - I meant 6 years ago. I always wonder what leads people to finally make the commitment. Most people don't have an acute crisis - so what finally makes the difference?? (I guess if we knew that, we could spread the word and be done here :wink.
      NS...I wonder about the same thing. For me I found myself sitting on the floor, in the dark, in the middle of the day, drunk and saying to myself...if you don't do something you're going to die. I took myself to an AA meeting feeling very fragile and hopeless. I consider myself lucky that I didn't have to experience an acute crisis.

Xpost...
      Pi...wise decision and establishing the "ground rules" right off the bat might help. Thinking of "The Big Bang Theory" LOL Good Luck.
      Last edited by porqoui; March 25, 2015, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks again to everyone.

Mick I do think e-cigs are not perfect, but better.

Porqoui-thank you for all the P's....much needed.

Lav---I do think I have my mom convinced to go swimming at the YMCA daily. Gets her out of the house and gets the endorphins going.

Paully....I just go from bitchy.....to nice....to extra bitchy....AL is not my friend.

I did want to share....which is not earth shattering. A recovering yoga teacher I follow wrote a blog on how he went to a teen recovery center and was expecting the roundshare to be...."I'm an addict" or "I'm an aklie".....instead what was presented was..."I am dealing with shame, fear, guilt and the symptom was alcohol". He was blown away at how this center was working to get to root cause, prior to naming the symptom.

We all know this shit. but at times we think AL is the real beast. Yet, all he is a symptom. A very tragic one. So I am working on naming those things out vs. focusing on AL. I have to work through those things and not necessarily with a therapist, before my I can feel confident my dragon has been put to rest.

Comment

Working...
        X