april 17th weekend is here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

april 17th weekend is here

hiya folks...out early again this mornin...weather doesnt seem so clever tho..pretty grim skies..mind you its only 6.35..so hows the world toda then ? all good ready for the weekend..lets do it..

brew time ..grab a cup.

hiya pauly...hows you feelin today?hopefully better ..not nice when that happens..get some rehydrate in you.. :hug:

hiya ppqp..nope not even going near the eye rubber one!!that w as pretty interesting about the nappies..tho we get that much rain here it doesnt matter but pretty good for indoor plants...nah mystery trip isnt stressful..just heavy work..at the end of the day you know you have been doing something...Julie used to be into aromatherapy..now that Amy is into all that ..its rekindled her interest ..my back is always a willing guinea pig!!

hiya Lav..brew time ..one java joe..well did you get some plants yesterday?what kind if so..said that the wrong way round duh!!weather being any good to you?have a great weekend...

hiya 3.142 hows you then?a stoodent from Canadia?is this the first time you have done this or previously too?hope it all works out for you..any work today?got the wood to build the hutch now..probably start it tonight...

hiya Sam...hows you mate?reckon your wife should go visit the eye doc..there is nowt in my mind more serious than eyes....went up to my mates little farm last night..new additions to there 17 lambs 2 pigs and 3 goats all young uns..its like a zoo!!as well as dogs,horses,chickens guinea fowl ,geese quail,!!you doing anything weekend mate?

hiya SF..hows you today in the land of music?how comes you are getting so much rain?maybe the nappies idea is a good one fro down there ..soak it all up!!as for getting treatment for relapsing....can only give you my opinion for what its worth (zilch)I remember you starting out..and to say it was a bit rough reckon was an understatement..since then tho youve done great..apart from a couple of times when big issues have cropped up...that says to me that you can and do mange the booze or not boozing well..maybe its coping skills and resolution aka stubbornness that need honing up..what do you think?

hiya bear ..good positive post...well done you thats the answer !!!!!:thumbsup: have a great weekend

right folks ..for the offski..have a good one!

A man from Texas, driving a Volkswagen Beetle, pulls up next to a guy in a Rolls Royce at a stop sign. Their windows are open and he yells at the guy in the Rolls, "Hey, you got a phone in that Rolls?"
    The guy in the Rolls says, "Yes, of course I do.."
    "I got one too... see?" the Texan says.
    "Uh, huh, yes, that's very nice."
    "You got a GPS?" asks the Texan.
    "Why, actually, yes, I do."
    "I do too! See? Its right here!" brags the Texan.
    The light is just about to turn green and the guy in the Volkswagen says, "So, do you have a double bed in back there?"
    The guy in the Rolls replies, "NO! Do you?"
    "Yep, got my double bed right in back here," the Texan replies.
    The light turns and the man in the Volkswagen takes off. Well, the guy in the Rolls is not about to be one-upped, so he immediately goes to a customizing shop and orders them to put a double bed in back of his car. About two weeks later, the job is finally done. He picks up his car and drives all over town looking for the Volkswagen beetle with the Texas plates. Finally, he finds it parked alongside the road, so he pulls his Rolls up next to it.
    The windows on the Volkswagen are all fogged up and he feels somewhat awkward about it, but he gets out of his newly modified Rolls and taps on the foggy window of the Volkswagen.
    The man in the Volkswagen finally opens the window a crack and peeks out.
    The guy with the Rolls says, "Hey, remember me?"
    "Yeah, yeah, I remember you," replies the Texan, "What's up?"
    "Check this out...I got a double bed installed in my Rolls."
    The Texan exclaims, "YOU GOT ME OUT OF THE SHOWER TO TELL ME THAT

A kind hearted old lady saw a little girl standing in the park crying.
    "what's the matter, dear?" she asked.
    "Rheumatism," was the unexpected reply.
    "Rheumatism?" exclaimed the old lady. "At your age?"
    "No," sobbed the little girl, "I can't spell it!"

Waiting my turn at the barber’s shop, I saw that the man in the chair was nicked while being shaved. The second time it happened, he touched the wound, studied the blood on his finger and asked the barber, “Have you got another razor?”
    “Yes,” said the barber. “Why?”
    “I’d like to defend myself,” replied the customer.

I rang the bell of this small bed-and breakfast place, whereupon a lady appeared at an open window. "What do you want?", she asked. "I want to stay here", I replied. "Well, stay there then", she said and closed the window!!.

I just trained my dog how to fetch a beer. Now this may not sound all that impressive,
    but he gets them from my neighbour's fridge.

An Irish Mother’s Letter
    Dear Son, Just a few lines to let you know that I am still alive. I am writing this slowly because I know that you can’t read very fast. You won’t know the house when you come home. We’ve moved. About your father, he has got a lovely new job. He has 500 men under him. He cuts grass at the cemetery. Your sister Mary had a baby this morning. I haven’t found out yet if it’s a boy or a girl, so I don’t know if your an aunt or an uncle. I went to the doctors on Thursday and your father came with me. The doctor put a small tube in my mouth and told me not to talk for 10 minutes. Your father offered to buy it from him. Your uncle Patrick drowned last week in a vat of Irish whiskey at the Dublin brewery. Some of his workmates tried to save him but he fought them off bravely. They cremated him and it took 3 days to put the fire out. It only rained twice this week, first for 3 days and then for 4 days. We had a letter from the undertaker. He said if the last payment on your grandmother’s plot wasn’t paid in 7 days, up she comes. Your loving Mother, P.S. I was going to send you 5 euros, but I have already sealed the envelope.

I've recently taken up meditation
    It's better than sitting around and doing nothing

My wife changed into her bikini at the beach, and stood posing in front of me.
    "Well," she said, "I've lost a stone Can you see a difference?"
    I picked up a pebble and tossed it in
    the ocean. "The beach has lost a stone," I said. "Can you see a difference?..

I walked into a car showroom last night. I said to the salesman, "My wife would like to talk to you about the Volkswagen Golf in the window." He said, "We don't have a Volkswagen Golf in the window." I said, "You do now."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    looks like another lovely day. Off to do a little survey work today, still cleaning up lingering jobs. Leaves are beginning to pop out everywhere. Getting quite springy out there and let us not forget pollen! Honeybees look happy, they are buzzing about. Off to North Carolina this weekend, college chum turning 60 so his wife has asked his friends to come and harass him in a surprise kind of way. Should be fun, music and that sort of stuff. They still drink but that's not my problem!

Thanks for the brew Mick, what's in store for you the next couple of days? planting them crops? I'm still looking at getting a couple of feeder pigs after I get back from NC. The old English breeds seem to be the rage for small timers/first timers like myself. Oink on!

Be well good friends and enjoy your weekend.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning Abbers,

Mick, Irish Mother's Letter made me laugh! Sounds like you may have new rabbit hutch built before this weekend is done. No idea how much work is involved though. Enjoy the project! Any thoughts on who future tenant might be? I've not hosted a student before. Everything about the arrangements seems on the up and up, so looking forward to it as an adventure.

Hi Sam, party for your friend sounds like fun, and a change of scenery as well.

I've committed to a mission today to help a little dog. Hope it goes well.

Have a great Friday, everyone.

Comment

Mae everybody, was sick again last night and of course all kinds of diseases pass through my mind, feel super tired today of course, SF,you have been doing such a great job, I'm thinking it's stress and sadness from your recent loss causing you to lose your grip,hugs to you honey,PPQP, love the Stella harnesses, think the girls would even allow you close enough to put it on Lav?was reading an article about 10 things we do that our dogs hate,one was hugging them,says to your dog it's an invasion of their personal space, I hug Winslow all the time, no wonder he has attitude problems haha,also said patting themselves on the head,not walking them long enough, being a boring pet parent etc,off to shower, hello to Sam,Pie,Bear,Det,enjoy your Friday peeps
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I've taken up meditation.
          Its better than sitting around doing nothing.
          Hahaha!
          that made me laugh.

Have a great sober Friday everyone! Pauly, Mick, Lav, Sam, Bear, PQ, It is +22C today. Yahoo!
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

MAE ALL...End of the work week was a quiet wind down one. Boy, did I need that. Eye is feeling pretty darn good.

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Didn't have time to read the jokes but I have time now so will get at it. Hope your day out was successful.

Sam...yes it's good to see signs of spring, even if we can still get snow in May. Enjoy your trip to NC sounds like fun.

Pi...I've never hosted a student before either but my kids have been hosted by others. They loved the experience. I'm sure you'll have a great time and learn all about our language quirks. Hope your mission went well.

Pauly...hope you're over the worst of it. That was an interesting article you read. I too do all the wrong things. Don't have my own dog but many extended family ones.

Narilly...hope your day was a good one. Now if we can just get rid of this wind.

The neighbour handed me a Hutterite chicken when I got home. Guess what I'm having for dindin. Have a peaceful evening all......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Oops, never checked in this morning likely because little Ms Busy had me preoccupied
              Took the girls to the plant farm today & we loaded up the trunk of my car with all kinds of goodies. I'm going to watch the weather for a while before digging them in though - frosty nights still possible around here.
              Granddaughter is spending an extra night here, her mother promised to pick her up tomorrow some time, ha ha!

Mick, I hope you had a fruitful day!

Sam. it was warm today with a few brief showers. We are all sneezing our brains out - pollen city here.
              Enjoy your weekend surprising the birthday boy!

Pie, how did it go today with your doggie friend?

Pauly, sorry you are still sick, yuck! I hope it goes away quickly!

PQ, I'm happy to hear your eye is OK
              My DIL pestered me on Facebook today about the chicken harness. She would be shocked as hell if I actually bought one, ha ha!!

Hi there narilly & everyone yet to check in.
              Have a peaceful night one & all. I hope Ms Busy settles down to sleep soon.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey Lav....you're excused. Good plan on watching the weather me thinks. When you mentioned "pollen city" I remembered a conversation that I had with the catering staff that came in to work for an awards banquet tonight. We were talking about my "eye" episode which got us talking about our "eye" Docs. She has allergies especially with pollen. He recommended using baby shampoo to wash around your eyes/lids/lashes. Won't sting the eyes and there's something in it that reduces the swollen/red/itching symptoms. I don't suffer from allergies but found that quite interesting. Flames game starting in 6, 5, 4,.......gotta go. :smile:PPQ

Comment

Working...
                X