april 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do all,
    just back from my trek to NC, my daughter did farmers market for this weekend. Went to birthday party and had a good time. People I haven't seen in 30 years.... we don't all look quite like we did, that's for sure, except me, of course (smile insert). Played a goodly amount of music, stayed sober, and had fun! I believe the key to this whole thing is to accept that this is who I am and like it, and I do.

Hope everyone's weekend was a good one.

Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sounds like a very nice time, Sam. I have fond memories of summer vacations to the Hendersonville/Lake Lure area of NC. Are you familiar with that part of the state?

Comment

Hey Pie
        not familiar with area, I went to school in Greensboro and goofed off in Chapel Hill area. My ex-wife ended up moving in that area so i'd come down to visit my son when he was a youngster. This weekend I was in Rocky Mount this weekend, first time I'd been there.
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sam, I've heard of the cities you mention, but haven't been to any of them. Have driven the I95 corridor many, many times between CT and FL, but there's much along the way I didn't visit.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Bear...sorry you're feeling out of place and find whatever thread feels right for you. There will always be a chair for you here.

Pi...so disappointed you don't speak electronics. LOL "How's things in your world today" Those are the exact words my boss said to me on Friday. Uncanny!

I have had a very stressful day with the exception of the afternoon bridge game. Bill came in for the ambulance trip $385, 2 hour conversation with twin her husband is furious, Dad has 4 cm cut on his hand and nobody knows how he got it, waiting for Doctor's report, neighbour asked for computer help, turns out she basically wanted me to write her resume, media slammed our association and the response for the newsletter is 2 pages long don't know if I can get it in as we publish tomorrow....vent, vent, vent.

Apologies for not responding to everyone but I think it's time for book and bed. Will check in with everyone tomorrow.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Damn PQ - sure hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

pauly, glad you are feeling better. There has been a stomach virus going around causing similar symptoms - my daughter had it last week. Maybe you didn't have food poisoning after all.

bear, glad you didn't prolong the drinking. You absolutely have to change your mind set to keep from repeating the pattern over & over again.

Pie, the next time you are on I 95 let me know - I am real close

Sam, so glad you enjoyed your weekend away! Does the soul good to get away once in a while.
              I'm taking my daughter & granddaughter to the beach next month for two nights just like we did last year. Can't wait!

Deter, where are you??
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you again to everyone. Mick you are dead on....its not like if I go away for 30 days....then I am returned to a magical land. I know that someone mentioned a vacation....I end up sloshed

Paully...you are right. I really can't keep up with the NN, much less post and get anything out of it.

Lav--I do have a lotto distract me. Sometimes I feel like it is "danger" to allow me to leave the house

That said....walk got rained out. Got to meet up with my friend for the "guilt" workshop. Funny, because I feel like I have been in this world of recovery so long.....guilt....just is not something I carry with me. This thing gets the best of us and all my other mistakes......well I am human.

Their definition of guilt blew me away and how to work it out of your system. Then my friend and I went to dinner and it was truly a life changing time.

I don't feel strong enough today today to say that I will be sober forever or tomorrow. But I had those days. And Lav I did understand what you meant about comparing it to childbirth.

I don't want more day 1's......but, I am not feeling like I am out of the water quite yet.
                Last edited by TheSunFlower97; April 19, 2015, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X