april 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

april 29th

morn peeps....snow gone to be replaced with rain today..and Im out in it all day!!oh well no such thing as bad weather..justthe wrong clothing !!so how are we all today then?all good I hope..need to get me skates on..got to be out in a wee while and still got to give the rabbit her meds yet...soooooooooooooo

tea n coffee on the go..

mornin Lav...hows you today then?sse the riots have calmed down a bit...as humans we are pretty good at screwing things up aint we? its kind frightening being the other side of those shields at times for real...no matter how much you train for it...brew time ..here you go...any plans for today?oops forgot ..youre on kid watch today arent you?have a good un.

hiya pie...hows you?all goood hopefully..yes another rabbit is definitely on the cards..Sandy is at the vets tonight..so need to see what she says...also in touch with a lady who has been looking ater and fostering rabbits for 20 years for some of your advice..new hutch is ready and also a pen for them to go in on neutral territory..Yes I was intrigued by sams ,johnny house too...HMMM working on the way your rain was ticking......is he building a CONDOMinium? :congratulatory: have a great day...

hiya ppqp...youre on a winner there!!an exercise ciggy!!you could incorporate all sorts into that..isometric exercise ,breathing exercise the lot!!so when do we go into business???as for the add on job....jeez..get them to write your job spec on a toilet roll ..its that long!!

hiya pauly...hows you then?hey youre not the only one that cant grow blueberries....I planted one and it gave me a great harvest of........sticks!!!hope you have a good day

well Sam ..the johnny house fixer...I looked up courtesy of dr Google..a johnny house in Missouri and other places is a quail house..in others its a toilet..so whatcha fixin?the lavvy or a quail house?back home when I was a kid we had outside toilets ..we used to call them cludgies!!

nice one with Jerry Lee Lewis.....

right folks on the back of that ..courtesy of Sm and his mate Jerry..see you all ....another time..another place :thumbsup:

When I visited Blackpool I went on a donkey.

It took me ages to get there.

I went fishing on the weekend and used liquorice for bait.

I caught allsorts.

This morning my boss said,"You look like sh.t."

"Give me a fcking break," I snapped, "I only had three hours sleep."

Apparently not the best response when you're a night security guard.

"Is the cup half empty or half full?"

"I don't know. Hope you enjoy the coffee here at Costa."

I was watching a documentary on sponge-fishermen last night.

It was very absorbing.

A man walks into the doctors and says "I've swallowed a white snooker ball?" The doctor told him to go to the front of the cue
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

hey everyone,morning up ready for another study day

Det hope you're ok and made it through - 'leaving las vegas' is a great film,really gruelling stuff. Hope it was cathartic.

Watching the Baltimore riots,so awful,must be so scary to live there with that all happening around you. I think the police have a big responsibility to bear as well,the rioting is wrong and not the way to protest but clearly the community feel attacked.A pastor was saying how a black student was walking to the underground to get to uni,unaware of what was happening - and tasered from the back over 100 feet away.He was saying what threat was the student posing to the police, which is a very good question I think. Lets hope there is a positive way forward soon.I don't think the riotters should be used to discredit the community's genuine complaints against the Police.

Phew that was a bit heavy,so on the cards today is more assignment writing and planning,online shop delivery and body pump class.May go and pick up new bedding from ASDA too - more excited than I should be about this!!

Love sober life,mood completely lifted from last week - week off booze - that'll do it.
    one day at a time

Comment

Morning all. First cup of coffee, and reading around the threads. Back in a bit.

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Hump day too

Thanks for the coffee Mick! It helps prepare me for what I will face today, ha ha!!
        Kid watching today & tomorrow, fun, fun.
        The riots in Baltimore seem to be quieting down. It's always sad to see stuff like that. Poverty & inequality in our inner cities are the root cause of all this behavior. I don't know what would fix all this but getting the schools up to par would be a good start. Job opportunities are few & drugs are a serious problem. The police department in Baltimore is largely African American, you would think that would help ease tensions. I just don't know what else they can do.

Greetings to everyone, I'll try to stop back in tonight. Have a great AF Wednesday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,the joke about the night security guard reminds me of Michelle when she was working security on graveyard shift she would sleep in her car or go on Facebookall night,11 bux an hour for that? I'll take it no kid watch for me Lav,after 5 days of sick Louie, Nana P needs a break! He was feeling better yesterday though so that's good,wondering if I should just leave the blueberry bush in the pot?that way I can bring it inside when it's hot,I dunno, hello to Sam, PPQP,Pie, Det,SF,hope everyone has a nice Wednesday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oh Bear, forgot to say that I'm glad your mood picked up

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all
              a quick check in as I'm dashing out the door. Quite busy here.... hope to look in later with more time.
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Another day, another post. it is so quiet here that I think I'll come by a take a nap.
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

:rant::rant::rant::rant:

Was one of those days!
                  Going to find something nice for my dinner.
                  Will check in later.

Comment

Nothing to rant, (or rave), about here. Wishing you a peaceful evening, PQ.

Comment

Nothing to rant or rave about here either, I guess it's a good thing hope everything is ok PPQP, what'd you eat for dinner? I'm a total foodie so I'm ALWAYS interested I what people are munching on hey Pie, how's your day going? Det,check in

Comment

Hi Pauly, truly uneventful, but I do have good book I'm enjoying. It's about a young boy who witnesses a murder and has to go into hiding from the killers he would testify against.

Comment

Well, I'm here
                          Had the grandsons out of here before 8:30 tonight, yay.
                          I'm watching them again tomorrow after school until their mother gets here.

PQ, hope you found something good to eat!

Hi Pie, love a good book!

Pauly, we planted 6 or 7 blueberry bushes last summer. They get full sun here but not the heat like you have. I'm hoping for a good crop of organic blueberries this summer - we'll see

Hi Sam, nice weather, huh??

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

haya ABsters!

AF and feeling pretty much myself again happy to say. yay!

Mick, your absolutely right about exercise which is something I allowed myself to lapse on along with diet the past month.
                            I've been reminding myself to get up from the computer every half hour or so and do some squats. Also getting back into my sword fighting class this Monday for the first time in waaaaay too long.

super busy week playing catch-up but at least I'm in town, whew! May is going to be a crazy travel month so I'm bracing myself and implementing my 'good' habits.

shouts out to all you lovely people

be well
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                            X