May Magic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Magic

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
    ~Winston Churchill

Welcome to May!

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I did enjoy the day and my dinner with friends. Yesterday morning I walked in to a local restaurant and while standing at the counter to order, I told the counter girl I was going to have whatever I wanted bc it was my birthday. She wished me a happy birthday and the restaruant owner popped around the corner and said, "And you will eat for free!" I couldn't believe it. He was so sweet.

Papmom, you are so right about two things: protecting your quit any way you need to is number one. Number two is the fact that life after alcohol, once the hard part is over, is way fuller than life with alcohol! Thanks for the link to muchfest, it looked like so much fun and well done to you raising so much money for both charities!

Lav, Star, Cyn, PW have a great af May Day!
    Last edited by dill; May 1, 2015, 06:20 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Good morning friends & happy May to all

Thanks for the startup Dill!
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday out with friends, very nice!

Cloudy here this morning, rain moving in later. I think all the new plantings around here need a bit of rain any way.
    I'm not scheduled to watch grandkids today so I guess I can do whatever I want
    I'm starting with a trip to Curves.

Papmom, wonderful job you did fund raising, great work!
    I hope you have another fun weekend.

Greetings Cyn, Star & Pauly. I hope you all have a great AF Friday!

Pauly, here's some tips for planting your blueberries:
    Planting Blueberries: get the Blueberry Council's step-by-step tips for selecting, preparing and planting your blueberries.

Soil, sun & water conditions in your area of the country are all big considerations. Good luck

Have a great AF Friday everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello ladies, happy May Lav, thanks for the link, I'm thinking of just putting it in a big pot,it's easier to control the soil and watering that way me thinks, woke up with an allergy headache, meh, just too much dust around here, Pap,I couldn't see any of the pics you posted, but it sounds like everyone had a good time thanks for the kick off Dill,"treated" ourselves to a 5 dollar chicken sandwich from Wendy's last night and it was so bland!that place has gone downhill, sheesh the 99 cent ones are better, anyways, hello to all and I hope we all have a great Friday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Everyone!
        Thanks for the startup Dill-I LOVE the new name!!

Polly-here you go!
        The Start
        the start.jpg
        Hanging Balls-that's me!!
        hanging balls.jpg
        Zipline
        zipline.jpg
        Cargo Net Climb
        cargo net.jpg
        Teammate Matt
        crashpad matt.jpg

More to come!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

I'm not sure I really want to jump!
          crashpad!!.jpg
          I made it all the way around!
          rings 2.jpg
          I really didn't think I could do this one-about the scariest for me!
          water jump.jpg
          Almost done-I'm next to the tutu girl!
          almost done!.jpg
          And we're done!
          and we're done!.jpg

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

One more! I'm behind tutu girl
            muckfest1.jpg

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Looks like a blast Pap

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Papmom - I'm going to make you a pink tutu for next year's MuckFest
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning friends & happy Saturday to all!

I am awaiting the arrival of the Insanity Twins for a dog fun-filled weekend, oh joy!
                  The things I do for family

Have a great AF Saturday!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Greetings,

Papmom those pictures were great. It looks like a lot of fun!

Lav, hope the Insanity twins don't make you batty!

Have any of you heard of the new version of alcohol: powdered alcohol. It is now approved and available, I guess. But living in Ohio, I may never be able to buy it locally. The Ohio legislature got out ahead of the release and banned the sale of it in our state. I first heard about this about a year ago and I immediately thought of all the things that could go wrong, especially with young people. However, I don't see how the Ohio ban can hold. The way things are going lately with legalization of marijuana across the country, how could a ban on a legal substance hold?

I know one thing: powdered alcohol is going to cause problems.
                    Any opinions?
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, I agree that it's gonna cause TONS of problems, places where al isn't allowed such as some parks and events,they can't pat you down or check your bags for it,young kids might not measure it right and overdose, very scary and really stupid invention! I don't understand why someone really bothered to create it,ah yes to make money of course, idiots! Lazy Saturday night for me and I'm cool with it hubs is going to the neighbors to watch the "fight of the century" wants me to go but nah,they will be drinking and annoying and I don't really know them anyways, I do hope that Mayweather gets knocked out though, he's not a good person in my book,hope everyone is having a nice day

Comment

Hey Dill & Pauly!
                        I have to agree, the powdered alcohol is a stupid idea. I can just imagine the stupid things people will do with it too
                        Anything to make a buck in our great democracy, huh?

The twins have been very good - so far, ha ha!!!!
                        My son's realtor (my sister-in-law) has scheduled an open house for them tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully that will bring in some potential buyers. That's the reason I have the dogs & they are in NJ visiting the kids other grandparents. They haven't found a house they want to buy yet but they're looking
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Powdered alcohol? I wonder how that came into being. It's a far more accurate depiction as far as looks are concerned. I've heard kids talking about drinking Everclear, which I initially presumed was facial cleanser but apparently it's just a very high proof alcohol. I think they call it jungle juice also. Going to Google powdered alcohol and see what this is all about. I guess it would be attractive to college kids?

Ps And here it is. Upsetting.
                          Last edited by jane27; May 3, 2015, 12:04 AM.
                          AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Good morning friends, happy Sunday to all

Jane, I envision quick OD's on Palcohol. I can also see kids snorting it with deadly consequences. There is absolutely no need whatsoever for this product This is a bad idea IMO.

The dog sitting continues here & it's not been a problem. My younger dog will be happy when the twins leave ~ she's been a bit bitchy, ha ha!

Greetings Dill, Star, Papmom & Pauly!
                            I hope everyone has a wonderful AF Sunday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy Sunday all!
                              Lazy day for me. I've overdone it for sure and have a very sure back hip muscle. It hurt yesterday but I did my 1.5 mile run/walk anyway, strength training and 4 hours of standing around waiting for my 2 minute Rally run! I paid for it last nite-thank god for Alleve!
                              Today I have the family birthday party/BBQ. Looking forward to downtime and great food for sure.
                              This coming week is busy with pre graduation activities at work and a full day of agility on Saturday in NH. The weather is suppose to get to 80 tomorrow!!
                              I'm hoping I'll feel good enough by Sunday to do some major yard work. The weeds are growing, well, like weeds!! :harhar:
                              Welcome Jane!!
                              Palcohol is just so stupid- As usual the states won't react until the death toll soars so congrats to Ohio for being proactive. Hope the ban holds. Jeesh.
                              Have a great day everyone! Lav-hope the open house is fruitful for your Son and DIL. Maybe the insanity twins have finally matured!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X