AF Daily ~ May 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ May 1

Good morning Abbers, welcome to the month of May!

Just thought I'd get us started. I'll make coffee & tea but I am clueless when it comes to offering jokes.

Mick, we're all thinking of you & hoping for the best outcome for Sandy & for you as well :hug:

Greetings to all our regulars here, PQ, Pie, Pauly, Sam, SF, NS, bear & anyone I am missing at the moment.
    What's everyone planning for this first weekend in May? I'm just hoping to have plenty of time to play outside & actually get my veggie garden started, yay!!

Have a great AF day one & all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Morning to all, pretty dang wet here; nice hail storm of about 15 minutes yesterday afternoon. Getting quite dark right now, looking like another deluge.

Today is my daughter's birthday so we gotta figure out when to celebrate it. She's 25 today, hard for me to believe, doesn't feel that long ago, I know that many here have the same or older. Anyway, fun to reflect of her actual birth, I congratulated my wife on her "labor day" this morning.

morning to you Lav, you get any of these storms? I had to time it to go collect eggs yesterday.

Mick, thinking of you... hope Sandy is doing better.

well off to town to do some office work.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning, Lav. Thanks for the start up and the coffee. I shall go try to round us up some humor.

xpost, Sam. Good Morning!

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav,I need to get my butt outside and plant my plants too,I dunno if you remember but I said I was gonna give watermelon a try,I figured a sunny spot right under the misters will mimic the humid, boggy areas they are used to,I planted the seeds a few weeks ago inside and they're getting tall,I just wish my allergies would give me a break so I'm not headachey and paranoid about being outside Mick, I'll be sad you're not here everyday but I can't be selfish, Sandy needs you,please keep us posted on her progress though please, we do care,day off today and I'll probably just clean,and do the yard, I love the benefits but hate the work!hope everyone has a lovely Friday, I'll be back later gators
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Sam and Pie,Sam,hope your daughter has a nice birthday Michelle will be 25 in October, jeez, how do these kids age so fast and we still stay the same age?haha, yes Pie, get some jokes going please

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning, Pauly. Did I hear correctly you're planting watermelons under your mister. Wondering what he has to say about that?!

Comment

Haha! Smart ass!!

Comment

Good morning and happy birthday to your daughter, Sam (but frankly, I think the moms should get the gifts :wink.

I am horrible delivering jokes so I won't even try but I love watching Jimmy Fallon #hashtag clips when I want a good laugh. Here's a starting point: http://www.hulu.com/watch/536998 or https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=57dzaMaouXA.

Comment

Okay, here we go. A couple of funnies nicked from a long ago thread:

It was that time, during the Sunday morning service, for the
                  children's sermon.
                  All the children were invited to come forward.
                  One little girl was wearing a particularly pretty dress and, as she sat
                  down, the minister leaned over and said, 'That is a very pretty dress.
                  Is it your Easter Dress?'
                  The little girl replied, directly into the minister's clip-on
                  microphone, 'Yes, and my Mum says it's a bitch to iron.'

When I was six months pregnant with my third child, my three year
                  old came into the room when I was just getting ready to get into the
                  shower.
                  She said, 'Mummy, you are getting fat!'
                  I replied, 'Yes, honey, remember Mummy has a baby growing in her
                  tummy.'
                  'I know,' she replied, but what's growing in your bum?'

Comment

haha, love it, back from work in pjs on sofa just had yumm pizza and ice cream,diet irn bru for later,rock n roll.
                    Reckon I'll finish my assignment tomorrow and edit and do final bits on Sunday.
                    Other than that,bit of gym,sleeping a lot and potetring.
                    Happy Friday everyone,thinking of Sandy and Mick and big hello to everyone else.
                    one day at a time

Comment

Yippee the pool has officially opened....of course it's still too cold to get in, but just sitting by it gives me serenity.

Mick I will miss you being here daily. I know I am not the best at making comments, but I sincerely was interested in your updates on Sandy.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Lav...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Way too early to be planting here although some of the community gardeners have started.

Sam...I purposely don't reflect on the birth of my two sons. LOL Office work have to do with your surveying?

Pi...good job on the jokes.

Pauly...hope you had a good day off. I can't believe you're going to try watermelon, good luck. I was wondering about the mister too!

NS...I agree with the moms gift. Will be checking out the link soon, could use some laughs tonight.

Bear...so glad to hear you're not stressing over your assignment. You're sounding positively peaceful.

SF...it's nice to hear you have a spot that gives you serenity. Got another chair available?

Mick....:heartwings: "PPP" :heartwings:

Off to figure out what's for dindin......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey kids,

I'm back with nothing particular to say, yay!

Sam, we were supposed to have showers today, it was cloudy but nothing more than a few drops of rain showed up, strange. Can't believe you had hail - geez!

Pauly, I grow the smaller, personal size, round watermelons here. The kids absolutely love them. I imagine your watering system will be a big help. I noticed a lot of bees buzzing around my blueberries today so something is going on there
                          We planted two or three varieties last year.

SF, enjoy the peacefulness of the poolside!

Pie, good jokes, thanks!

PQ, we ran out for a quick dinner a little north of here in Lancaster county. That's the area where they film one of Mick's fav TV shows 'Amish Mafia'. There was a seedy looking guy in front of us in line at a store up there. He walked out quickly, hopped into his horse drawn buggy & sped out of the parking lot, LOL

Hi there NS!

I hope everyone has a peaceful night! Still thinking of you Mick!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                          X