Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Saturday May 2

Good morning Abbers, happy Saturday to all

Coffee & tea ready for all. I'm waiting for the Insanity Twins to arrive. I just love a weekend with 4 large dogs on my house, ha ha!!!

I'll be back late. Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Good Morning All!

I've arrived bearing funnies. Yesterday's were originally posted by Scottish Lass, so thanks to her. Today, we have Catbuddy to thank.

"A blonde went to the appliance store sale and found a bargain. "I would like to buy this TV," she told the salesman.
    "Sorry, we don't sell to blondes," he replied.
    She hurried home and dyed her hair, then came back and again told the salesman, "I would like to buy this TV."
    "Darn, he recognized me," she thought.
    She went for a complete disguise this time; haircut and new color, new outfit, big sunglasses, then waited a few days before she again approached the salesman. "I would like to buy this TV."
    Frustrated, she exclaimed, "How do you know I'm a blonde?"
    "Because that's a microwave," he replied."

I'm off to a dog adoption event this beautiful morning. So grateful to be sober, and without drunken regrets to contend with.

Mick, I hope those positive P's PQ sent your way are helping.

Take care, friends.

Comment

morning all
      getting my day rolling, wife off to teach her yoga class leaving a stream of "suggestions" of what to do today.
      thanks for the brew Lav; Insanity Twins... hmmm... IT???
      PQ, yep office work was surveying work, trying to clean up loose ends so we can close our office. We have about 5 outstanding jobs
      Morning Pie, see we Xpost. Hope you have a good one
      hope everyone is well, gotta get crackin on those "suggestions".

Sam
      Last edited by Samstone; May 2, 2015, 07:46 AM.
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

morning everyone - hey Lav,good luck with the insanity twins!

Hey Pie,what sort of dog are you looking at?

Sam - hey there - god luck with those suggestions,mine don't seem to sink in for my OH,does your wife offer training;0?

Mick - thinking of you and Sandy - hope she's on the mend xx

Much love to everyone else,doing final section of assignment slowly, off to gym tonight after written it and getting yum veggie burito for dinner as reward. Tomorrow will be final edit,spell check,word count and referencing. I've got a nice break before more advanced level starts in Jan next year - phew - going to enjoy that so much!
        Have a great day everyone,bloody love my sober life and the peace and ideas,enthusiasm it gives me.Really back into exercise in a big way since buying fitbit,3 gym visits a week and skate once a week and bit more walking than usual.Starting to feel muscles and lost a pound this week Feeling good - all possible with no booze.
        one day at a time

Comment

Grandkids sound easier than 2 crazy Goldens, Lav! I have one of those and that's plenty! I hope they aren't "runners". Mine is a homebody so that helps. Today some yard work - I love it at this time of year (and by August want to plow it under!).

I hope your rabbit is doing better, Mick.

Hi to all abbers - have a great day. (Just saw your post - hi, Bear! I'm so glad you're feeling good!)
          Last edited by NoSugar; May 2, 2015, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Hi Bear, I volunteer with a group that rescues and re-homes dogs, so participating today to raise awareness of adoption opportunities.

Comment

Mae everybody, Pie,I wouldn't be much help at the adoption thing cuz I'd want to adopt them all Lav,good luck with the insanity twins,how come you're watching them?kids going somewhere? Mick,always thinking of you SF,you said diet Pepsi makes you feel weird, can you describe it? Bear,you sound positive, yay! Sam,have a wonderful day,PPQP, what you got planned today? Hi NS,good to see you dashing off to work, will be back later
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya folks..here I am....told you Id still be jumpin in and out til fingz get sorted!!plus thought you needed some jokes...Know I said I wouldnt mensh sandy ..but..she had a double operation yesterday..cuts below both ears and drained antibiotic pads put in ...she came thru it...picked her up this morning ..still abit fed up with herself...on antibiotics and painkillers twisaddy..changed her hutch too this morning..was hammering and sawing at early doors this mornin..even Julie had her moanin head on about it...but hey..glad all is good....here is a pic of her ear she has this on both......you wouldnt believe you could do such surgery.....so pleased she is alive

20150502_131100.jpg

The Duchess of Cambridge has had her baby.

What is it?

It's like a small person

My son just asked me what is GPS.

I said, "It tells me what to do while I'm driving."

He replied, "So it's Mummy?"

I've just met a Cyclops with two eyes.

His name's Iain.

Both the Duchess and Duke of Cambridge were said to be 'doing well' after the birth, a spokeperson from Kensington Palace said.

Of course they're doing well, they've just copped £4 million for Kensington Palace off taxpayers.

People take the pee out of me because my house is decorated in racoco style.

I don't care, he's the funniest clown ever.

I've noticed a streaker roaming around my neighbourhood recently.

I only ever see him running through my garden every time I get home early from work.
                Last edited by Mick; May 2, 2015, 10:24 AM.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Great to see you, Mick! Thanks for update and pic of Sandy.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...thanks for kicking us off this morning and for the coffee. Can't do tea in the mornings. Good luck with the IT's.

Pi...good luck with the awareness event today.

Sam...good luck with the "suggestions". Any word on the postal job?

Bear...you just make me smile when I read your posts these days. Well done!

NS...totally agree with you about the dogs and grandkids. No yard work here, we're lucky to get at it in August. LOL

Pauly....I too will be working today. Visit with Dad this morning then meeting with brides this afternoon. Shouldn't take too long though. Enjoy your day.

Aw Mick...there you are. So pleased that the operations were a success and Sandy's home again. You must be so relieved. Hopefully this is the turning point and things go smoothly from now on. Choose wisely when it's time for a companion. :hug:

Been having a lazy morning so now I must get ready to start my day. Cooler temps today so no outside trip with Dad, but that's ok. Will check back when I'm home from work. Have a Super Sober Saturday all and all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

well my day took an inneresting twist, had to pull a calf this afternoon, thank goodness my son was here to help. Calf lived and up and nursing; I don't get it, usually this stuff happens at night and it is pouring rain or freezing.

Mick glad things are working out for Sandy (and you).

PQ, haven't heard boo from the post office... typical. Took since February till a week ago to get an interview.

Back out to clean the chute.

IMG_0997.jpg
                      Last edited by Samstone; May 2, 2015, 01:40 PM.
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

What an amazing pic! About how much do they weigh, Sam? The mama and the baby, I mean.

Comment

Sam...nice looking calf. Was she breach or is the cow a heifer? At least she picked the right time of day to have it.

Pi...how did the awareness event go?

Lovely visit with Dad today. Had a whole crew of us down there. Meetings with Bride's done so now it's time to make a "good" sandwich. Turkey, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pickle and cheese. Baby back ribs on the menu for dinner......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Damn that sounds good PPQP!! Mick, I'm happy Miss Sandy made it through and is back home Sam,love the pic of the calf,amazing that they just up and walk after birth, planning a lazy night, hubs is going to the neighbors to watch the Mayweather/Paquio fight, wants me to go but I CBA! Hope everyone is enjoying their day
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly....it definitely was!

Comment

Working...
                              X