No announcement yet.

AF Daily ~ Saturday May 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you bunny is on the mend Mick and hi there to everyone. Royal baby is in the news a lot today here. I am well physically - just going through hard times with other stuff but no whiff of any desire to drink.

Comment

Hang in there TT,it's cliche but it's all you can do,I'm not sure if you got my reply to the pm last week, I have a weirdo time responding to pm's(( hugs)) to you
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

TT.....Glad the beast isn't yakking in your head. :hug:

:cheerful: "PPP" :cheerful:

Just remember....you can't control what happens but you can control how you react.

Comment

Interesting time talking to other rescuers at the adoption awareness event today. One lady works with retired service dogs from the military and from law enforcement. A dog she had with her, had recently returned from explosives detection duty in Afghanistan. Another, retired from narcotics detection, has become her own personal service dog, alerting her to oncoming seizures.

Mick, I thought of you when one guy approached asking if we had any rabbits to adopt. We didn't, but someone was able to give him a referral to another group.

Comment

howdy hoe all
            Calf nursed up a storm, my guess is about 80 lbs. Momma I guesstimate to be about 900-1000 lbs. PQ, she was a heifer. First one I've pulled in a long time. Last time was a neighbor's cow with all the trimmings of midnight and rain.

Pie, my SIL does blind dog rescues. Pretty amazing how folks adopt them, as I say my hats off to those who do.

Hey TT, glad you checked in, best thing to do when things get wacky, I think, helps to keep those drink bats at bay. Glad they aren't really flying around at you.

Greetings to you Pauly!
            Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sounds like everyone has good news today ~ great

I'm very happy for you & Sandy Mick!
              You sure had a lot of folks here thinking positive thoughts!!!

Sam, congrats on the new baby, very cute!
              I have no idea - do you usually just find them after they've delivered their little ones? I see those tiny ones out in the fields & have to wonder.

If anyone wants a slightly used Golden, my son probably wouldn't mind, ha ha! One male, one female & they're both very nice just a bit 'touched' in the head.
              My son & his family are visiting the in-laws in NJ this weekend. There's an open house scheduled for tomorrow, hoping some potential buyers will show up & have a look. Their house has only been listed for a week. So that's why I have the ITs.

PQ, you should make us all a sandwich

TT, hope everything is OK with you!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

ahoy hoy ABeroooos!

spent this glorious sunny day hiking/shooting getting ready for my upcoming competition shoot and I had a great time. yay!

Mick, so glad your dear Sandy is on the mend.

Sam, there is something magical and inspiring about newborns of any species and yours is so cute!

Pie, I work with police dogs at my work. I even fit them for body armor, which honestly is way more fun than fitting humans LOL
                i also get to attend the K9 trials and do photography which is a hoot. At one event I was a bit to close to the field taking pics and one of the dogs got confused and thought I was the target to take down. This dog blazed toward me like a missile and I didn't even have time to pee my pants LOL. thankfully at about 5 feet away his handler called him off. whew! that was exciting.

well cats and kitties.... I'm going to sleep in tomorrow and I'm pretty darn happy about that, but not half as happy as I am to be AF.

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Yes...there are plenty of chairs open at the pool. Water is still ice cold, so there's not people there. Just glad it's not like the pool at the one apartment....spring break style

Mick glad to hear Sandy is doing well.

Pauly you asked about diet Pepsi.....ice tea is fine, but I think all the chemicals (yes I know) induce kind of a depression/anxiety attack about 4 hours after I drink it.

Just watched "Wild".....it was the kind of movie I needed to watch tonight. Just realizing that there is still deep inner work to be done. Also, realizing that even the road has been bumpy....a lot of healing has already taken place. Work in progress.

Tonight hubby called and said he was going to be working late....my instant reaction was..."oh you won't be around so I can...." Instead I made dinner and rented a movie.

With ya Det....grateful to be sober....and not the pink cloud kind. I think I've been in the ring with al too many times to even get that pink cloud feeling. Instead it's more grounded and sane

One of the gals from my group keeps emailing me since I stopped going. I'm getting the sense from her that these emails are not heartfelt. Rather just waiting for me to fall. I just don't need that kind of energy.
                  Last edited by TheSunFlower97; May 3, 2015, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X