may 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

may 11

morn folks..how is we all today..out early this morning so just a quickie...was reading about the freds..one of them was about RJ..where and what she was updating the forum etc..also people leaving for various reasons...now for me....the forum was a place I came to for help.....it didnt help me ,but the people on it did ,by giving me support and strength..it then became a case of not letting myself and others believing in me down..so really the forum for me was a meeting place for like minded people ..those who had done it and were willing to share their experience,and those going through it ..in some cases not for the first time..so in reality ,the forum could have been my back garden ,a community centre,any place where people could get together and share and support...to hat end ...apart from the spamming and rubbish like that needing weeded out ,the thread is self perpetuating through its audience?any thoughts anyone..put this up as a talking point for us...its just started raining here ..so methinks Im going to get wet!!!
    how did the market go Sam?what do you sell n buy?

hiya Lav ..nope the neighbours werent complaining Julie was!! how did your day go?bbt here you go...

hi pi ..pologies for the coffee!!here you are ...

hey bear ...yummy ice cream in asda?go to Aldi ..its even better!!cherry,strawberry ,mint ,and they have sorbet too ..less calories ...so you can pile that bowl up as I do!

hiya NS as always nice to see you...:thumbsup:

hiya ppqp...hows you then?are you at work today...??see what else can go on your job spec!!think mebbes your boss should wake up a bit!!! Illegitimi non carborundum !!!!!

right folks ..pologies its short...would seriously like to hear what others think about the forum tho...

oh and in case you didnt get any.......BREWS ALL ROUND!!

h.a.n.d.

"A hydrogen atom is missing from this molecule of water," I said to my chemistry teacher.

He exclaimed, "OH!"

The Metropolitan Police are trying to track down the individual who sprayed "FUCKING TORY SCUM" near the Cenotaph in Whitehall.

Nick Clegg has made no comment for now but sources close to him insist he has a watertight alibi.

I bet the bloke who threw the first Boomerang didn't see that coming.

I bought an exercise machine, but when I assembled it, a message kept flashing up and saying, "Get the fck off me". I took it back and told the assistant what was happening. He said, "Well, it is a cross trainer."

why not to go shopping with your husband!!!

Proof of what can happen if a wife or girlfriend drags her husband or boyfriend along shopping. Letter sent by Tesco's Head Office to a customer in Oxford:

Dear Mrs. Murray ,

While we thank you for your valued custom and use of the Tesco Loyalty Card, the Manager of our store in Banbury is considering banning you and your family from shopping with us, unless your husband stops his antics. Below is a list of offences over the past few months all verified by our surveillance cameras:

June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's trolleys when they weren't looking.

July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official tone, "Code 3" in housewares..... And watched what happened.
    August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

September 15: Set up a tent in the outdoor clothing department and told shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring sausages and a Calor gas stove.
    September 23: When the Deputy Manager asked if she could help him, he began to cry and asked, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"

October 4: Looked right into the security camera; used it as a mirror, picked his nose, and ate it.

November 10: While appearing to be choosing kitchen knives in the Housewares aisle asked an assistant if he knew where the antidepressants were.

December 3: Darted around the store suspiciously, loudly humming the "Mission Impossible" theme.

December 6: In the kitchenware aisle, practised the "Madonna look" using different size funnels.

December 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed, yelled "PICK ME!" "PICK ME!"

December 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, assumed the foetal position and screamed "NO! NO! It's those voices again."

And; last, but not least:

December 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited a while; then yelled, very loudly, "There is no toilet paper in here."

Yours sincerely,

Charles Brown
    Store Manager
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hey Mick, I LOVE Aldi but not been for ages as it's wrong side of town,may have to pop back!

Det - hope you're ok,I think CBT sounds like a great idea,there's obviously some thinking going on it would be good to unpick/challenge. I'm looking at more subconscious style therapy(never thought I would say that!) realised a lot of my issues are down to childhood stuff,nothing really awful but hyper critical/authoritarian/lot of anxiety negativity about the world.

Slow getting going today,best get in shower in a bit
    one day at a time

Comment

Howdy everyone, just popping in quick to congratulate Samstone on 2 years of sobriety today! Way to go Sam!!

Samstone
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning all
        Wow! thanks ABcowboy!! Looking forward to another year.

Morning Mick, sold some roast beast at market, ends up being a long day for me. Greats pics yesterday!

kinda froggy out this morning, hoping it doesn't rain, our red clay is almost dry enough to till, fact is I did a little last night and it worked up nicely.

Trying to figure what the day is going to bring to me.
        Be well good friends
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Monday morning Abbers!

Thanks for the startup Mick!
          Overcast here, hot & humid - summerlike. This wimp has the AC on
          My thoughts about the forum are pretty much like yours Mick. I was looking for support more than anything when I found MWO. The program's elements were all here to pick & choose as needed. I did not want or need medication but the Hypnotherapy did wonders for me. The information & reminders on supplements & exercise didn't hurt! The daily exchange of thoughts & ideas were & still are most helpful. It's like walking into a huge buffet - take what you like or need, give back what you can to help someone else.

Greetings bear & cowboy!

Sam, CONGRATS TO YOU ON 2 YEARS AF :welldone:
          Life is wonderful when give AL the boot!!!

Greetings to all & sending wishes for a wonderful AF Monday!
          Det, hope you are OK this morning.

I am starting my day with a trip to Curves, yay!!!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just started Sam's party thread in General - check it out
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....It's a winter wonderland out there. :eeks:

Mick...thanks for the kickstart. Had to go and check around the site after reading your opening remarks. Like Lav I pretty much feel the same way. I came looking to talk to someone who understood where I was at. How scared and hopeless I felt. The almost "instant" response was a lifeline for me. Second thing I did was look up "Illegitimi non carborundum" Think I'll buy the Tshirt. LOL

Bear...slow morning for me too. It was one of those "sleepless in Calgary" nights so not moving too fast and looking forward to heading out in the snow.

ABcowboy...good to see you stopping in. Are you getting the snow this morning?

Sam...:sohappy:CONGRATS ON 2 YEARS!:sohappy: I'd settle for "froggy" this morning!

Lav...what no mention of grandkids?

Det...glad you're right back on the path to freedom. Bear has some good ideas. Got to get that trigger under control.

Pi...I think the clue is that Mick's Mystery Tours are coming to an end for awhile. Makes me think it's seasonal, whatever he's doing.

Well it's time to get it in gear. Have a Marvelous AF Monday all and all to come....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Lav, I've got a "policy" of not running the heat and AC in the same month so no AC for us until June!! We had that heat and humidity over the weekend, now it's chilly and rainy. PPQP, I think snow would do me in. You Canadians are a tough-minded bunch.

Congratulations, Sam! You've always got such calm, practical advice - I love your posts. And you.

Mick, I agree the forum's the thing but it won't continue to be if it can't even be found! Money is going in to the system via subscriptions, donations, and proceeds from books/CDs/medication but it is unclear, at least to me, what it is used for. I've had accessibility issues lately, too, and at times when I know people from e.g. AUS could get on, I could not. Nursie's site that she established during the transition was free (if you didn't mind the adverts) and worked well - the only downside I knew of was that it was not "findable" on internet searches. That is now true of MWO, too. I agree with all of you that the people here are what make it work but I'm rethinking my financial commitment and I'm sad/frustrated that other people who could benefit aren't finding us.

Det and Pauly, please just do this. It doesn't feel like it but you do have all the power if you wield it.

Have a good day, Abbers.

Comment

Early check in for me! I'm trying to do better on "unplug times". I am also trying to get a better, more routine schedule going.

Congrats Samstone! Two years is awesome. Where is the party? I am starving!

Hubby and I had a tough week last week, I think he is finally understanding "that I am always right" Or the fact that he will never win. He dumped some unrealistic expectations on me and then tried to "guilt" me. My son has severe eczema and it has been a lifelong battle for us. There are so many triggers.....that none can really know which is triggering it....is it stress, anger, heat or something he ate. So hubby comes home with the crazy idea that my son is only going to eat chicken and broccoli. Which my son refuses to do, gets angry and has a flare up. And here is the great part, "if I was a good mom"....I'd have this thing under control. He was the freaking stay at home parent for 13 years.....so why did he not have the magic potion down?

Not to mention for all those years of him being a stay at home parent he refused to address my son's ADHD....so, I would come home to them literally screaming at each other....my son's skin flaring like crazy and he was failing school. Finally when I was able to take over.......we have his ADHD addressed, and IEP at school and now the kid is getting all A's and B's.

So last week was spent fighting with my son and hubby. And the end result was not one I am proud of. I just finally got silly drunk, while they were all out of the house. Something about this time "scared me". I don't know why....maybe because I know if this continues much further.....I will not try to turn it around. I'll give up.

So in response to your question about the board. I am glad that I found it. I can just let loose and be honest. I think it is a great place for people who will not go to 12-step meetings. And quite frankly I don't think you get the depth of information or caring from them, as you do here. Maybe it is something about being faceless....but, I never really felt the "steps" helped me. But, I did like the connection.....but, damn you fall off the wagon....they are ready to drop you like a hot potato. You don't get that here.

People will come and go. I have told people about this place and not a single person has taken me up on even looking it up.

Dusted off---getting a better plan in place---and hubby is realizing trying to manipulate me----doesn't work
                  Last edited by TheSunFlower97; May 11, 2015, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Sam - happy 2 year anniversary - great stuff
                    one day at a time

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the start-up, the brew, and the jokes, Mick. From my perspective, MWO is every bit as supportive and friendly as it was when I first came here in 2010. At the beginning of this quit, I was amazed to find so many additional AL addiction resources online, and I spent time checking them out. Some I still go to, like the Bubble Hour, but MWO is where I choose to hang my hat.

It's a shame that MWO has gotten harder to find than it used to be. And I would enjoy hearing from RJ occasionally. For me it's the connections I've made with other people here that hold the power for me, along with the incredibly helpful info shared and stored in places like the Toolbox. Not sure if I've addressed your topic Mick, or gotten off track, but those are my thoughts.

I'm having a DIY day of beauty here, hair color done, pedicure done. Lazy, rainy afternoon ahead.

Sam, well done to you! Thanks for sticking around and lighting the way for those of us trying to follow in your footsteps.

Comment

Sunflower, sorry you had such a bumpy week. Hope things smooth out for you soon.

Comment

So I've been thinking about some things I didn't do today:

Didn't wake up with a hangover
                          Didn't have a bloody mary for breakfast
                          Didn't have to go to the liquor store
                          Didn't get stuck in the house because I was too buzzed to drive
                          Didn't worry about slurring my words when I answered the phone
                          Didn't make any ethanol-fueled decisions I'd have to live with tomorrow
                          Didn't make an ass of myself online or in person

All in all, it's been a pretty good day.

Comment

hey there good friends, very grateful to you all and this thread, always been real special way to wake up in the morning.

Got my job with USPS today! start Monday, new career at 60 (almost, come June). It will be part time (which is perfect for me) but the first week is training, gotta drive to DC for 2 days of it, long commute for me, 1 1/2 hours.

Thank you all again, you all are the best!!!
                            Sam
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

WooHoo, Sam! Hope you've got some milestone cake left over to celebrate the new job!

Comment

Working...
                              X