may 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

may 13th

morn everyone..how goes it today then?all good hopefully..spent the last half hour watching Mr Fox in the top field....just lying there in the sun he was ,getting hassled by 14 magpies...they really were bombing him..in the end he has just move on his run...now as for the magpies..caught one of them in the rabbit hutch yesterday nicking food!thatll stop one way or the other..love this time of morning its nice and sunny,horses in the fields,shorthorn cattle lots of different birds...and to add to it planes fly over every now and again as the circle into Manchester airport..its that connection between looking at nature and then this man made lump of metal in the sky..does that make sense??
    Sandy at the vets today..hope its the ok for her...and wait for it..the first three of my purple tomato seeds are thru..now seedlings with 2 leaves!!

right on we go with da show brews all round today...

hiya bear...you sound like you are getting into too much at once land...firstly deal with the missing out drinking..how can you be ?..examine the last time yuo were drinking ..did it make any great difference because you had a drink ..from what I recall ..it made you feel crap...now ro me somewhere along the line came what I would term choice day...I had the choice to drink or not drink and didnt...not because I was giving up or couldnt but actually didnt WANT to..be interesting to see if that was the same for others...as for the other issues ..would suggest you break them down.......

hiya pie...hows you today then?yep 2 part tours... one of them actually finishes this Friday....not sure when the next one starts....think it is July though may be invited to others as they come up...thats one part of the tours..they tend to be weeky ones...now the other can be seasonal or otherwise..thats the sunday ones....plenty of cloose in that lot

hiya Sam...hows you then...did you get the hot day?have to use the extractor fan?what kind of bike have you got?

hey pauly ..line in the sand time..lets start again :hug:what ideas did you come up with..mebbes its worth sharing them..see if we can tin hat it this time.....

hi ppqp...hows you today then?ref the 2 part tours.....see pies post above...Im sure you will find it in there!!hows the t shirt business going?

hiya Lav hows you today then?all good?brew time.....weather is lovely here today...but got to take madam to the vets after..so whens the chicken community pool getting built?:congratulatory: have a good one

right folks...off we go ..have a nice day every body

Woman lost in New Zealand wilderness survives by drinking own breast milk.

Your turn Bear Grylls.

I said to my wife, "If the orange light comes on you need to fill the car up."

By the 4th set of traffic lights she'd crammed 32 people in.

'David Cameron addresses his Cabinet' - are you telling me 13 million people voted for a nutter who talks to his furniture?

Please note that with the arrival of the new "Drive-through" cash point machines in the UK, customers will be able to withdraw cash without leaving their vehicles. To enable users to use this new facility the following procedures have been drawn up.

Please read the procedure that applies to your own circumstances (i.e. MALE or FEMALE) and remember them for when you use the machine for the first time.
    Male Procedure

1 Drive up to the cash machine.
    2 Wind down your car window.
    3 Insert card into machine and enter PIN
    4 Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.
    5 Remove card and receipt
    6 Drive off

Female Procedure

1 Drive up to cash machine
    2 Reverse back the required amount to align car window to machine
    3 Re-start the stalled engine
    4 wind down the window
    5 Find handbag, remove all contents on the passenger seat to locate card
    6 Locate make-up bag and check make-up in rear view mirror
    7 Attempt to insert card into machine
    8 Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive distance from the car
    9 Insert card
    10 Re-insert card the right way up
    11 Re-enter handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back page
    12 Enter PIN
    13 Press cancel and enter correct PIN
    14 Enter amount of cash required
    15 Re-check make up in rear view mirror
    16 Retrieve cash and receipt
    17 Empty handbag again to locate purse and place cash inside
    18 Place receipt in back of cheque book
    19 Check eyelashes in mirror
    20 Drive forwards 2 metres
    21 Reverse back to cash machine
    22 Retrieve card
    23 Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card into the slot provided
    24 Restart stalled engine and pull off
    25 Drive for 3 to 4 miles
    26 Release hand brake
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning all!
    oh! what beautiful morning (ought to make a song titled that Many directions to go so guess it will be garden first, motorcycle shop 2nd, need new tire to pass inspection, I was hoping to squeeze it by but figured it will fail. Shop is an hour or so away. Took the wheel off yesterday.

thanks for the brew Mick, hope Sandy is ok. It is strange to see the contrast between our creation and mother nature's for sure. Going to the city for the last couple of times makes me appreciate where I live all the more.

IMG_1004.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg

Be well good friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Hump day

Thanks for the coffee Mick, much appreciated!
      I hope Sandy passes her checkup with flying colors.
      We have had some early hot weather here the past few days & watching the chickens find a way to cool off is a hoot! They have holes dug all over their yard that they jump in & fluff their feathers with the loose dirt. Those holes do fill with rain water from time to time so they could 'swim' if they wanted, ha ha! Glad to hear your purple tomato plants are growing!

Sam, nice wheels
      PA dropped their helmet law several years ago - makes me nervous to see people riding without helmets. Are you a helmet wearer? I hope you get your new tire soon.

There was a huge train derailment in Philadelphia last night, very sad situation. Six people were killed, one is missing & almost 150 were hospitalized in four area hospitals. What a mess! We listened to Philly FD radio & at one point they called for bomb sniffing K9s - just to be sure
      This morning it's looking like speed may have been the cause, not terrorism.

Greetings to Pie, PQ, bear, pauly, Det, SF, NS & anyone stopping by today!
      Have a great AF day one & all. I'm heading out while it's cool to see what I can do about the weeds out there!!!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Mick, Sam, Lav,

Door guys due to arrive at 10am. Hoping I can pay them extra to put up that crown molding I cut and have waiting on the floor. Fingers seriously crossed.

Nice ride, Sam. Sad news from Philly, Lav, and much disruption of train lines this morning for commuters in surrounding areas. Mick, I shall have to return later to ponder your cloose.

Comment

Mae everybody, late check in for me today,3 days af for me,but it's a big 3 days as it's my last! I can never be in the way I was again, I could feel the alcohol vapor coming out of my mouth and nose like a goddamn Dragon,Mick,you asked how I thought I'd remedy this, so I was at work and wrote a list of about 15 things I could do, or should do,I'm sure that list will grow, I imagined us as alkies this morning, sort of like being afloat in the ocean and avoiding the water(alcohol) while some are building a stronger foundation to avoid falling into it again, others like me have just been floating along in a little raft,avoiding the water but not building up a stronger, better boat to avoid it,does my analogy make sense? I haven't truly focused on nutrition,Lav's tried to help me but my effort has been so-so,finding new hobbies again so-so,just little things that I need to work on for this to truly work,was a bit sad at work when I was thumbing through my notes and saw 50 days with a smiley face by it,I was so excited for that day,and I made it, I was excited for 60 and beyond, grrrr, I think I keep making this harder than it is, hello to Sam,PPQP, Pie,SF,Bear,Det,hope everyone is having a good day
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey, Pauly! Great analogy. Jump on the abber-raft and stay here, ok?? xx, NS
            PS (Those are AF beverages in our hands :smile:!)

Comment

Thanks NS

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. How did Sandy's vet visit go? How are you going to stop the magpies? I'm sure you'll come up with something will be expecting a pic. Tshirt business a little slow only one customer, Pi. I'll be pondering the cloose again in a bit. Answer in the morning. :happy2:

Sam...nice bike. Hope the new tire wasn't too expensive.

Lav...hope you dealt with the weeds in still cool weather. I'd love to see a pic of Stella's water holes. LOL Just watching the train wreck on the news. 100KM over the speed limit!!!

Pi...did they hang the crown molding for you? I'll work on the cloose as well, we'll get this!

Pauly...your analogy makes perfect sense. I need to work on my nutrition as well. Day 3 done and dusted onto day 4. Day 50 will be here before you know it and we'll all celebrate together. :hug:

NS...after Pauly gets on board I think there's still a spot for me.

Somewhat quiet day today, boy will I be glad when Boss #1 gets back. Positive eye checkup looks like I can start tapering off the drops again. Next visit June 3.
                Fast food dinner tonight (good nutrition) so no cleanup required in the kitchen. Relaxing tonight and watching some season finales on the teli. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PPQP, don't feel bad we had Burger king for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                    PPQP, don't feel bad we had Burger king for dinner
                    :harhar:

Comment

heya ABeroos. Feeling better happy to say and still AF.

had an appointment with CBT therapist but they cancelled it on me. arg!

great pics you guys.

sorry to rub it in for you that had fast food for dinner but:

poached spiral beets topped with pea shoots micro greens.
                      dressed simply with garlic infused olive oil.
                      then topped with grilled salmon, drizzled with
                      pomegranate/balsamic reduction and finally
                      topped with the crispy salmon skin.

yummo!

be well everyone
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey Det,

You had me at poached spiral beets.

Comment

That is a magic raft, PPQP - it will handle as many people as want to climb aboard! (You're already on there in the green bikini :wink.

Comment

Working...
                          X