may 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

may 16th

mornin peeps ..how are we all then?good wekend coming up ..can feel it in me bones!!been up transplanting seeds since 6...am...thought I would have lazee day?? today but just had a phone call from the activity I was at yesterday ...would I come out and help today...so its mad rush time today.....just as well I had nothing planned!!its now 9.50 ..and said I would be there for 11....here goes...brews all round...

hey Det nice to see you are beating the booze blues my friend....900 miles drive to fire a weapon? could you nt just get a long range drop shot??:thumbsup:

hiya Lav..extra big brew for son story....well done him..just makes you realise how precious life really is..seen those tape but tbh never really though too much about them ..might give it a go..hate thinning out ..it always seems like a home made haircut!!!

Hey pauly ..hows you then?how much is that in the treat paulette af fund now ???good for you .any plans for the weekend..for you that is??:thumbsup:

hi pie ...hows you then?just given Sandy her meds ...and been looking at rescues available to bond ...seen a couple tho whether they are suitable is a different story!!take it craiglist is like a unwanted looking for new home goods thingy??you can get some great bargains on them...

as for a one off drink ..that wouldnt work for me defo ..I would want more so its pointless pretending otherwise..couldnt see the point of one drink ..and secondly I dont want a drink and am very proud of where I got to.....

hiya ns ..hows you today then?all good I hope...as for fitting in ...hmm if I need drink to fit..then I really wouldnt want to.......have you any pelans for the weekend?have a good one...

hiya Jane ..nice to "see " you ...how goes it ?all ok with you?

hiya ppqp ...nope you can have the rain...hope the weddding goes ok...as for 1000 things on your mind ..mustve told you million times not to exaggerate!!!have a great day...

gotta go folks....have a good one..

In a train compartment, there are 3 men and a young woman. The four passengers join in conversation, which very soon turns to the erotic. The young woman proposes, " If each of you will give me $1.00, I will show you my legs."

The men, charmed by this young college girl, all pull a buck out of their wallet. The girl pulls up her dress a bit to show her legs.

Then she says, " If each of you gentlemen will give me $10.00, I'll show you my thighs,".

Men being what they are, pull out a ten dollar bills. The girl pulls up her dress all the way to her legs in full.

Conversation continues, and the men, a bit excited, have all taken off their coats. Then the young girl says, "If you will give me $100, I will show you where I was operated on for appendicitis." All three fork over the money.

The girl then turned to the window and points outside at a building they're passing. " See there in the distance. That's the hospital where I had it done! "

Trying to understand women is like trying to smell the colour 9

My wife always carries a spare fan belt in her handbag.

Just in case her tights snap.

I've just read online that B.B. King has died. It struck me that these days I hear pretty much all news like this through online media. How things have moved on, when Marvin Gaye died back in 1984 I heard it through the grapevine.

My boss went to have coffee at 11 am.

So I immediately pounced upon the opportunity and forwarded the time in his laptop by 6 hours.

When he returned, I said, "I'm leaving now. It's 5 PM already."

"Oh yes it is," He said, "See you tomorrow."

"It fcking worked!" I thought to myself as I jolted towards home.

I then enjoyed my entire day and was sleeping peacefully at night, when my phone suddenly rang at 3:15 AM.

He said, "Hurry up Dave, you're 15 minutes late for work."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning everyone - all done for work for 2 weeks
    overslept so missedgym class,today town to get few bits,then tip to clear out some crap from the house,washing out,then gym later.Then chilling with my lovely cat.

Thanks NS and Pie for talk about not fitting in/temptation to drink - really helps me to read that - off to NY Monday - feel so happy sober.

Being totally honest I'm a bit worried i may be tempted to drink/holiday mood etc.I really really don't want to - I've had sober holidays and festivals and Christmas - and I want to remember it/feel good - just got prescription for 6 more months of prozac,it's literally been a god send for me.I was so anti medication and it has made the difference, to me managing my moods,bouncing back,having motivation - and sticking to AF way of life better than I have before.

Happy Saturday everyone,hope it's a good one,plan to get yum pizza and eat coffee magnum ice cream tonight and watch Peter Kay's car share on i player - hilarious!
    one day at a time

Comment

Good Saturday morning Abbers!

Great coffee Mick, thanks
      I hope your day goes well doing whatever you do!!
      I've used the seed tapes in the past & they really do make for a nice garden. The carrots & beets are popping up as we speak. Yesterday got out there & planted green beans, Swiss Chard & spinach. I would have liked to start them earlier but the weather was too funky. I am going to the zoo with my girls this afternoon so I'll get back to the garden tomorrow.

bear, we have some hot & humid weather on the way on the east coast so pack appropriately. I hope you have a great trip & remember that you don't have to drink anymore. You already know that you are much better off when you say 'No thanks'

Greetings PQ, Pie, Det, NS, Pauly, SF & anyone stopping by today!
      Time for me to get ready to go smell the stinky animals, ha ha!!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, not much planned for the weekend, hafta work today and watch Louie this afternoon, totally forgot that I have to take Monday off to take Kell to a doc appointment, she's getting injections in her back for arthritis???and can't drive after, we hafta be there at 5:30 am,so basically pulling a Mick haha,can't really afford to take it off but they tried getting Louie up that early last time she went and he was not happy, I'll be back later, hope everyone has a nice Saturday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Enjoying a leisurely restart to my day after getting up and out early. Mick, hope you'll share a pic of kitchen door when it's done. Etched glass is a favorite of mine too. You must've done a good job at activity yesterday if they're calling you back. Have fun!

Hi Bear, I'm a big fan of taking as little medication as possible, but you need what you need. About 15 years ago I ran my little emotional car off into a ditch, and was unable to pull myself out. Prozac got me rolling again. I even managed a huge career change that was long overdue.

Sounds like your garden is well underway, Lav.

Yo, Pauly. Is pulling a Mick like pulling a Pie? Prolly not.

You're sounding great, Det.

How goes it, PQ? You sitting up on community center roof with an umbrella trying to keep the rain out?

My fly trap is doing an outstanding job in the front patio area. Would post a pic, but figure you can all live happily without seeing a mass of bug carcasses in their watery grave.

And on that cheery note...

Comment

Mick, craigslist is a worldwide free classifieds ads site. Found some wabbits for you:

Free rabbits
            (London)
            My rabbits have just bred, and I have a litter of bunnies I can't look after, looking for a good home.
            I also have a hutch and a large package of rabbit food to go with them.
            Please call/text on 07904153705 Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
              hiya ppqp ...nope you can have the rain...hope the weddding goes ok...as for 1000 things on your mind ..mustve told you million times not to exaggerate!!!have a great day...
              :harhar: Been coming down steady all day but I'm shipping it back to you tomorrow. Great visit with Dad, very alert and talkative. I think he was conducting a meeting. LOL Hope your "activity" is successful.

Bear...hope your enjoying your first day off. Just remember to be honest with yourself while you're in NY. Remember, we're only a click away.

Lav...now you've got me thinking of seed tapes. Think I'll try some if we ever get a chance to plant! Enjoy the zoo.

Pauly....pulling a Mick. Love it. That's an early appointment. Hope you don't have too far to drive.

Pi...what's "pulling a pie"? Nope, not on the roof. Boss #1 got back from Bali last night so I figure he's up! Thought of you when I saw this...

We went with friends to a restaurant on Sunday for lunch and sat in the patio section beside the store. We happened to notice zip lock baggies pinned to a post and a wall. The bags were half filled with ...water, each contained 4 pennies, and they were zipped shut. Naturally we were curious! The owner told us that these baggies kept the flies away! So naturally we were even more curious! We actually watched some flies come in the open window, stand around on the window sill, and then fly out again. And there were no flies in the eating area!

It's a long weekend here, we celebrate the Queen's birthday in May. Got a new chicken recipe I'm trying out tonight. Other than that the same old, laundry and housework. Have a Super AF Saturday all......:smile:PPQP

Comment

A few months back Pie said she didn't have much to say so she just said a quick hello, I was in a rush so I just said "I'm pulling a Pie" and just said hello too,turns out it's a real thing, some sport or something, grrrr, Louie is asleep on my lap and I want a taco gotta find a way to wiggle out,hope everyone is enjoying their day
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I remember that now Pauly.....

Just wanted to give you all a weather report.....it is now snowing. :sad:

Comment

Posting late....as I usually do when I post. I have been taking sleep seriously.....it so helps with staying sober But, I freaking took a nap today (rainy weather) and it ends up keeping me up.

Doing good with staying sober, no real temptations. But I know how the dragon flies.

I've been up to my ears with "networking" for the business. These "pharma" companies put on these awesome lunches and dinners......got on the scale which I rarely do.....and it is not going in the right direction But, I have made awesome contacts and one of my MS clients went with me today....and she spoke up about "Yoga Therapy".....she nearly had me on the floor.

My son (the one who has tremendous difficulty in school).....got two awards on Friday. His brother, the younger one, is usually used to getting all the awards and did not get any......he took it hard. But, he is that way even if you try to play freaking Monoply with him.

But what most insightful was an old co-worker.....I mean 20 years ago....."linked in" with me. When I worked with him.....his passing out at the dinner in NY was his downfall. Then, here and there I heard about him getting jobs and losing them due to his drinking. It wasn't so much about him, but I realized how many people I have worked with that have fallen to this. How many people this actually derails in their lives. I don't have enough fingers to count all the warnings I saw. It might be an industry thing.....but, I have seen a lot. The bad thing was.....I was always on the other side of being not "quite that bad".

I know it is not a thing to compare.....but, if you got in this guys car.....there were empty whiskey bottles he had drank while driving....."so I'm not that bad".....and I realize what an effect that had on me.

Nevermind, that it was fucking up my life without whiskey bottles in the car! It in a way just took me back in time....and WOW....how many people really do get hit with this! I think...10 percent is a bullshit number....at least in my world. I have more people in recovery on my FB page and none of them I met in any sort of recovery! Maybe I attract them

I am off to read....I swear I can't get a good nights rest without a Stephen King.
                    Last edited by TheSunFlower97; May 17, 2015, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Ahoy Hoy ABerooos!

SF, good sleep is indeed one of the best things we can offer ourselves.

Pauly, a taco won't hurt you! caveat: as long as you make it yourself with quality ingredients.

yep, we had a little snow recently too. and a LOT of rain which is really unusual here. which explains
                      the following picture:

now does that look like fun or what? LOL
                      managed to get the truck stuck during my last practice shoot before the match. Wasn't really
                      anticipating digging the truck out for a couple hours. sore today!

downtime today, prepping for trip and putzing aboot the house. Think I'll catch the new Mad Max movie
                      this arvo. Movie report to follow.

wishing you all a fantabulous AF'ing Sunday

be well
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X