mon18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mon18th

mae all...how are we today then?all good hopefully..failed miserably at doing nothing yesterday!!got a load of new plants so rearranged the borders!!its pouring down with rain here today ,so wont be outside doing too much in it...just looking around the freds this morning..same old problem seems to be cropping up again no drink versus controlled drinking....and testing to see if "just the one" level has been reached ...

anyways..tea n coffee on the go....

hey bear hope the holiday goes well..enjoy ..take it you are flying from"Landan"?bring back some decent weather...

Hiya Sam...hows you today then?all good? nice one at the moosik fest...anyone can rough it...thats an interesting item.....cant say it looks too much of a labour saving device though think a fork does similar job...soil here is clay in parts /peat in others...mine is pretty good ..added tons of topsoil,sand etc over the years..it breaks down pretty well...when I dig,Iusually "double dig"the beds...ph is around the 6 mark..Cattle in the fields calved yesterday..3 baby longhorns...

hiya pie.....good try ...but this village has still got its idiot!! as for the pennies in the water trick..being as I am Scottish..do you think it would work with an iou instead of coins???did you do the tv ariel?ours is done..Ive got telly I can watch when Im on the treadmill..you will need a signal splitter ,cable and possibly a booster to improve the signal..apart from that its just a pain trying to find the tidiest way to put the cable without it being seen....

hiya Lav...hows you then?see you had the kiddywinks yesterday...tired out today?heres an invigorating brew!!no the stained glass isnt too churchy ..theres only one central vertical pattern on each panel...glad big Jimmy is getting a new hoose!!

hiya pauly hows you today ?good luck at the docs with the arthur itis thing..prosseco..its a fizzy white wine..our Amy drinks it now and again....what day are you on now?have a good one...

hiya ppqp...hows you today then..all ok?

right folks..have a great day....

A Texan, a Russian and a New Yorker go to a restaurant in London.
    The waiter tells them, "Excuse me -- if you were going to order the steak, I'm afraid there's a shortage due to the mad cow disease."
    The Texan says, "What's a shortage?"
    The Russian says, "What's a steak?"
    The New Yorker says, "What's 'excuse me'?"

Q: What do you get when 100 rabbits stand in a row and 99 take a step back?

A: A receding hare line.

A new study says that 93% of teenagers own a smart-phone.

Whereas 100% of smart-phones own a teenager.

Pyjama jeans.

For people who want to wear pants, but don't want to feel overdressed at poundland

How can crime be made to pay?

By becoming a lawyer.

I fell on my arm and had to have an operation on my funny bone. I was in stitches for two weeks.

Last year I felt miserable and depressed, but this year I've managed to turn it around.

Now I feel depressed and miserable.

Lav........

I went to the zoo today and asked if they had any talking parrots.

The zookeeper said they didn't, but they had a woodpecker that knew morse code.

Why have no women ever been sent to the moon?

It doesn't need cleaning yet.

I had a blood test the other day.

Couldn't believe it when I got an A+ - I hadn't even studied.

Some woman in Asda just said, "Why are you staring at my baby like that?"

I said, "Errrm..."

She said, "You think she's ugly don't you?"

I said, "No. I don't. I think your baby is adorable. I'm just slightly concerned about what might happen if it gets wet or you feed it after midnight."

My doctor said LSD has had a serious effect on my mental health and altered my state of mind to the point where I'm walking around in a constant dream world. I decided to get a second opinion. He must be overreacting because the Lizard King from the 5th dimension of Nazkabar reckons I'm just suffering from stress.

This morning some homeless man said, "Any spare change mate? I'm starving."

I just walked off, shaking my head... I mean, honestly, who the fck eats coins?

A young man named David Cameron bought a donkey from an old farmer for £100.00.

The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. When the farmer drove up the next day, he said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news...the donkey is on my truck, but he's dead."
    David replied, "Well then, just give me my money back."
    The farmer said, "I can't do that. I went and spent it already."
    David said, "OK then, just unload the donkey anyway".
    The farmer asked, "What are ya gonna do with him?"
    David said, "I'm going to raffle him off", to which the farmer exclaimed, "you can't raffle off a dead donkey!"
    But David, with a big smile on his face, said "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody that he's dead."
    A month later the farmer met up with David and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?"
    David said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two pounds a piece and made a profit of £698.00."
    Totally amazed, the farmer asked, "Didn't anyone complain that you had stolen their money because you lied about the donkey being dead?"
    And David replied, "The only guy who found out about the donkey being dead was the raffle winner, when he came to claim his prize. So I gave him his £2 back plus £200 extra, which is double the going value of a donkey, so he thought I was a great guy."
    David grew up and eventually became the Prime Minister of Britain, and no matter how many times he lied or how much money he stole from British voters, as long as he gave them back some of the stolen money, most of them thought he was a great guy. just given madam her meds!!

20150518_094755.jpg

20150518_094902.jpg

20150518_094733.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; May 18, 2015, 04:38 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning all
    a quick jump in to say hello, off to go postal!! Be interesting to work for someone, haven't done that for12 years. Thanks for the brew Mick and the dead donkey!

Hope to check in this eve.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Wow, Sam, you're up early for this new job! Hope you enjoy it - maybe it will be kind of a relief not to be The Boss (even if just of yourself). It sounds especially good to have a job that is done when you head home and extra tasks don't follow you there!

Hi, Mick. I'm terribly allergic to bunnies but love the photos of yours. They are so fluffy-furry and cute.

One drink sounds really irritating to me. None doesn't bug me at all so I'll go with that.

Happy Monda, Abbers!

Comment

Hi friends, Feeling unwell this morning, so back to bed for me. May pop back later.

Comment

Good Monday morning Abbers,

Another hot & humid day here with the possibility of T storms later - just like SUMMER!

Ha ha Mick, the woodpeckers around here certainly know Morse code! Boy can they be loud at times!!
          Sandy is looking pretty darn healthy these days, great!
          I'm going to try to sprinkle some marigold seeds in my raised beds today. They helped keep the bugs out of my veggies last summer.

Bear, have a safe trip!

Sam, I assume you're working inside a postal facility & not out on a delivery route, maybe or maybe not? Good luck, I hope your day is great!

NS, I have to agree, the thought of one drink is just annoying. I have been a hell of a lot happier with none

Greetings to everyone else & sending wishes for a fabulous AF day. I'm off to Curves now, will check in later.

Cross-post Pie - feel better soon!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, have a good first day Sam Mick,day 8 and sadly I was one of the idiots that fell for pajama jeans the ugliest fitting things in history!feel better Pie,what's going on?a spring cold maybe? I'm sitting here at Kellie's appointment, feels like it's taking forever and my nerves are shot cuz I accidentally cut someone off and they decided to play games and be fecking road ragey,they blocked the entrance to Kell's apartment complex and I nearly got hit by oncoming traffic,had to race off around the block, turn my lights off and text her to meet me there,too much I swear, Lav,marigolds sound nice back later
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Sorry for MIA yesterday, all is ok Mick. Just lots of running around, some visiting and after cooking dinner hit the hay with a book. Thanks for keeping the rain on your side today, although we have a frost warning in effect tonight. Love the pics she's looking good.

Sam...hope the first day on the job was good.

NS..."It sounds especially good to have a job that is done when you head home and extra tasks don't follow you there!" Sounds like heaven to me. LOL I may have to rethink the General Managers job.

Pi...hope you're feeling better.

Lav...I had a woodpecker out at the ranch and couldn't believe how loud they really are.

Pauly....what an ordeal. Hope Kell's appointment didn't take too long and that you had an uneventful drive home.

Feeling a little down in the dumps today but it will pass. I think these long weekends throw me off my routine. Have a new book to start tonight so I'm looking forward to that. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hope things are looking up for you PQ :hug:
                A little self applied TLC usually helps.

Pauly, so glad you made it thru that scary ordeal!!

I'm heading out early in the morning. I have an 8 am vampire appointment for fasting blood work - such fun.
                I'll catch up tomorrow evening!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X