tuesday 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuesday 19th

morn folks ..how are we all?it never stopped raining for a minute over here yesterday,ended up working in the garage..making the extension to rabbit towers,when my bandsaw stopped working..turns out it is the on /off button that is shot ..so took it out and bypassed the wiring..works now...but only switches on /off at wall plug..magpies still sneaking into the rabbit hutch stealing food..they are really quick ,but the first one will be the last!!Julie bought me a baby bird of paradise plant last night..so hopefully I can grow that on in the conservatory...

brew time..on we go

hiya pauly how are you today?hopefully better than yesterday..pretty crap with that geezer cutting you up...how did kellies appt go..?you will have a better day today :hug:

hey Sam..how was day 1 at the sortin office?did you enjoy it?hope so....as you say its one of those jobs,you come home and wash it off end of story....

hiya Lav..or dot dot dot dot dash dot!!! hows yo today then ?good day ahead?you talking about woodpeckers...remember woody woodpecker?? not the originals I hasten to add :thumbsup:...here you are....

grab a brew and enjoy https://youtu.be/_JxthBeQ3u4

this, roadrunner and tom n jerry were my dads favourites

hiya NS....lovely to see you again...what are you up to?anything special?yep Ill sign up to your no drink too....one wouldnt do it for me.......even if I wanted one!!

hiya pie...hope you are feeling better today....

hi ppqp.. smiley face on??? excellent..good lass....nah forget the gm job ...you dont need the hassle.......plus ..remember the body parts....who turn out to be boss???you have a good day..

right folks brew number 2...so have a great day all...

I think I need to invest in a thinner watch strap.

I've just tried to hail a taxi and a fcking kestrel landed on it.

Bagpipes sound exactly the same when you have finished learning them as when you started.

"I would have loved to have been an astronaut and gone to the moon but I suppose my weight would have stopped me, " said my wife a couple of years ago.

"What a fantastic Idea, " I said to her,

"What? Me going to the moon she laughed.

"No, "I replied, "I have been struggling for a name for my new online greeting card company. "

My wife is always moaning at me and saying I waste money because I am so gullible.

So I just bought an app for my iPhone called "How to stop being taken for an idiot"

I've paid the £49.99 and they are delivering it next week. That will show her.

A bloke bumped in to me on the tube the other day and said, "Remember Leonardo Di Caprio."

Then the same fella followed me home from the pub and said, "Remember Leonardo Di Caprio."

Things then got out of hand when he tapped on my window at 11.30 that night and said, "Remember Leonardo Di Caprio."

I thought, "That's it, I'm going to the Police."

I told the officer I was being stalked and he asked if I could tell him anything about the man.

I said, "Yes, he reminds me of Leonardo Di Caprio."

If you stand by the sea, it sounds like putting a shell to your ear.

why do they take organs from pigs and give them to humans?
    because pigs cant play organs

"10 killed by twister in Mississippi"

They really should put a warning on the box - "This game is not suitable for fat people"

I bought an automatic car today.

"How do I make it go?" my wife asked.

"You put it into drive," I said.

"What about when I've finished with it?" she asked.

"You put it into park," I said.

An hour later, I found it by the swings.

The part of the brain responsible for feelings of annoyance is the fufux.

The throbbing you feel when exasperated is called fufux ache.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning all
    day 2 of disorientation. Going over all the do's and don'ts. Lav, I'm doing a carrier job so eventually will learn to drive one one weird white buggies with all the mirrors.
    Thanks for the brew Mick, I needed that. Can't stay long, wishing you all a good and happy day.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Sam,sounds like you're enjoying the new job Mick, I forgot to comment on Sandy's photo shoot yesterday, she looks good Kell's appointment went good, she had to get some steroid shots and I guess they put her under for about 20 minutes but she said it felt like hours, it gave her the creeps,back to work today, boooo! I didn't sleep good last night, felt half awake/ asleep, hate that, little Bobbi is coming from Portland tomorrow we'll have a good visit for 2 weeks, skipped my walk this morning, too tired, maybe me and Louie will do a exercise DVD this afternoon, or not haha,last time we tried a yoga one and he just started climbing on me,hope everyone checks in today and has a great Tuesday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all,

A bit of sun peeking through right now, which is nice as we haven't seen much of it in over a week, and more storms forecast for later. I'm better today, but a blue mood lingers. Occurs to me that in addition to the accountability for sobriety that posting here offers, it's also an exercise in mindfulness. When deciding what to post each day, I have to consider what's true for me at that point in time.

Lately I've been despairing over the wounds I've inflicted, and by the wounds that I carry. Drinking made it easy not to think about these things, and now I'm not sure what to do with them all. If forgiveness were sold on Amazon, I'd be buying bunches of it. Any advice?

Big sigh,
        Pie

Comment

Pie....I dont know what you mean by...Lately I've been despairing over the wounds I've inflicted, and by the wounds that I carry...what I would say is drink didnt make it easy did it?...all it did was blank it for a wee while....you have chosen not to drink...we all carry wounds /scars/skeletons ...but why make your future your past? life isnt a rehearsal as my old boss said..and its true..so....

get rid of the blues ,
          forget the booze,
          whats gone is gone,
          its dead and done
          Look out future.....

HERE I COME!!!!!

:hug:
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers,

All caught up with my 'to do' list. The girls will be arriving shortly to spend the night so we can get out of here early tomorrow morning ~ I hope

Sam, you should deliver mail on your bike. That would be very cool

Mick,thanks, I love Woody Woodpecker!

Pie, I highly recommend a book by Colin Tipping 'Radical Forgiveness'. Helped me sort through all my BS. He's also written 'Radical Self Forgiveness'.
            There are lots of websites devoted to Radical Forgiveness - here's one:

Greetings Pauly, hope yo & Louie got a nice walk in.
            Greetings NS, PQ & everyone dropping by.
            Not sure when I will post again - depends on the wifi situation at the hotel. I'll be back home late Friday

Don't do anything I wouldn't do

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...Pretty tired tonight. Had a crummy sleep which included a nightmare. I haven't had a nightmare in years. My mood is better though and the boss is back so dumped a pile of stuff on him. Meetings in the forecast for tomorrow.

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. Was going to post when I got work, I should know better! Really thinking about the GM job. You be careful with that band-saw.

Sam...I think the carrier position is better suited to you. You'll have to post a pic of the new ride when you get it.

Pauly...that was me too. Half asleep/half awake. Looking forward to bed tonight.

Pi...I've been doing the same thing lately. Don't know why now, maybe it's the stress of work. I'll be checking out Lav's suggestions too. :hug:

Lav...since your list is done I'll just pass you mine. Hope you have a great trip.

That's all I've got for now. Will try to check in before going to work tomorrow.
              Hope we all have restful sleeps tonight.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Evenin' everybody,

Appreciate the chance to post about crap feelings, and get some feedback. Such a sweet poem, Mick. Good reminder to keep the past where it belongs.

Lav, my library has the books you mentioned, so I just ordered them. Thanks for the suggestion.

PQ, I too wonder about the timing of feelings/self-doubts like these. Partly increased awareness of everything, including the march of time. "I'll just do better next time," was a lot more comforting when more next times could reasonably be expected.

How'd day 2 of training go, Sam? Will you get a carrier route near your home?

Best wishes for the sleep fairy to visit everyone. See y'all tomorrow.

Comment

Pie, when I start wallowing in regrets (and I do), I try to stop it by thinking, NoSugar, don't give up any more of your life to this addiction!

Hope pe both you and PPQP are feeling better :hug:.

Comment

whew! ahoy hoy ABerooooos!

thanks for the brews Mick, really needing them lately. Fully packed (I think) for my grand adventure to far north east CO for a few days. 13 hour drive tomorrow. egad. at least I have a buddy to trade off driving with. Not used to that luxury!

Pie, I also deal poorly with guilt. it's one of the reasons I've got an appointment to see a counselor when I get back from my trip. Lav, thanks for the link to the book.

Looks like lots of lousy sleeping for the members...must be something wacky going on in the universe, dunno but hope I sleep good tonight.

no matter what I'm AF. Yay!

off to make some Dover sole, kale and rice.....

be well everyone!
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X