thirty wunth ov May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thirty wunth ov May

hi folks ..and how are we on this bright beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon??all good?right ....now back to reality......its sunday mornin,pouring down with rain,blowin a hooley and Ive still got some work to do in the garden,before Dannyboy/Zeuss whatever lands tomorrow...renewed most of the green mesh fencing...wire meshed the gate in between fence panels etc...I had to do the same with sam,and as time went on gradually take them down..got to get the other hutch out of the garage,go up to my mates for the wire enclosure..and it looks like its not going to stop raining......and on top of that,sort my plants outt in the greenhouse...gave away 42 tomato plants yesterday..always grow too many ..next year ,might sell them and give the proceeds to charity....
    so this is going to be a quickie......

det ...well done my friend...both on the comp..and the no crash.....thats ace....another 6 days on the road ..headin back or off somewhere else?

hi bear hows you then?you gettin your head round this?maybe you were expecting too much..all not drinking does merely is gives you ......
    the ability to think straight,a sense of pride ,achievement ,self worth,control over decision making ,your life,your actions,your reactions,judgement ,attitude to you and others,self control ,appearance ,honesty,morals, freedom of actions and speech....
    as for the uncomfortable in social situations..I dont get that one...mebbe just me ,but I dont need booze to make me someone I am not..yep they always say drink loosens your tongue,relaxes you etc ..b.llox..how many times have you heard ..need to apologise for what I said last night ...what did I do. mustve been a good night I cant remember it!!

hi Lav....hows you?all ok ...oops forgot the brews ....dashing about here like a loony!! you never know..if I win the lottery...might be knockin on your door!!shoppin was a def success for me yesterday...in out job done...and a brill bargain too...

hiya pie hows you then?all good?you still getting the storms?take it redbox is a movie channel?

hi pauly ..hows you?all good ...the pauly af fund still going strong?good for you.......

hi ppqp..hows you then today?all good ...what did you get up to if you never went to your dads?got to agree with you ..if I have a nap I alway wake up feeling worserer than previous....(its making words up day here!!)have a great day....

hiya Sam...hows you then?...just trying to work out your animals and critturs...bees,now pigs cattle......what else?

right folks into the rain I go...have a good un....

I've just discovered the quickest way to call a family meeting.

I turned off the WiFi router and simply waited in the room where it's located.

Definitions

SLUGGISH

1. Slow-moving or inactive, lacking energy or alertness.

2. What slugs speak

I highly doubt England will boycott the World Cup,

They wouldn't give up an opportunity to mention that they won it in 1966

So McDonalds are thinking of doing food deliveries. Now correct me if I'm wrong but the food is bloody freezing by the time it gets to window two on the drive through. It will be like a fecking tip top by the time it reaches my house.

The wife just challenged me. "Have you been drinking?"

I think I might have given it away, as I responded with a 7 minute long Air Guitar solo.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it.

When I was young I had to walk 9 feet through shag pile carpet to change TV channels.

I've just been diagnosed with hypochondria.

I knew something was wrong with me.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    pigs in place, my horse seems to like the company, they are running together but next to one another till she's used to seeing them. Baby chicks arrived alive and well, they are tiny! Forgot how small they are. And the wife is in Rosarito, Mexico for 10 days. The hard part will be making sure she doesn't arrive home to a designated disaster area. Speaking of such, those poor folks in the Texas flood areas. Pie, thinking of you...

Mick, how goes it this morning? Getting all ready for Danzeuss? Stay dry!

Bear and Pauly, the best that sobriety brings is looking in the mirror and starting to see myself, I had masked myself so much in booze that it has been an adventure to enjoy who I am without the drunk label being a part of it. Time certainly plays into it. The longer I've had sober, the more I can discover.

Lav, beautiful farm but my my what a price! Know what you mean, Money has created many housing or industrial developments. Then the land never reverts back. Thanks for the book link, will check it out.

waves to you Det, well done!, NS, PQ, hope you all have a good Sunday
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning friends, happy Sunday to all!

Hot, humid & basically yucky outside. I will be running in & out all day because I overheat way too easily. Thank the gods for AC Storms will be moving in later tonight.

Mick, thanks for the coffee & the startup!
      Hope you don't get yourself soaked today while making preparations for Dannyboy!
      Keep buying those lottery tickets 0 you only need $2.5K to save the farm, ha ha!!!!

Sam, you are a busy guy in animal land!
      Glad the new arrivals are doing well. Love those hatchlings, extremely cute
      I've never been to Mexico but I do have an old family friend living there now. She loves having company so I'll keep that in mind. Make sure you grab a lottery ticket or two this week, Save the Farm!!!!!!
      About 1 mile past that farm is a large dairy operation, it's just a very unique area & it would be sad to see it in the hands of housing developers.

Greetings to bear, Pauly, Det, Pie, NS, PQ & anyone else showing up today! I hope everyone has a peaceful AF Sunday.
      I just heard that my remaining brother-in-law may stop by today. We haven't seen him in years - strange family, oh yeah.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, I have a case of the CBA,such a negative attitude this morning gotta shake it off! Sam,being able to look at yourself again is a biggie for me,I just want to be able to trust myself, sometimes a news story comes on,maybe someone who committed a crime is on trial and they'll post the date of when it occurred and I take a satisfaction in knowing that I was sober on the date,not just that but a celebrity story,just anything really, all of Feb and April I was sober,that makes me happy, just wish there weren't blips along the way I was walking this morning and looked up the street and it just seemed so long!but I got there and it wasn't as hard as I thought hope everyone enjoys their Sunday, Det,I heard the new Madmax was good but I get irritated with them redoing my childhood movies,now Isee tthey've re done Vacation and Poltergeist hello to all,back later when my buttholeness is gone
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for the kickoff. 42 tomato plants WOW...I like the charity idea. Discovering body parts I never knew I had with all this physical labor at the garden! Making son #2 help today so we can finish the "seating" area build. Temps going to 72F with lots of sun then rain for the next 7 days. :sad:

Sam...love your self discovery comment. Oh so true!

Lav...families can definitely be strange! Like they say "truth is stranger than fiction" I'm in with my lottery winnings to save the farm.

Shout out to everyone who hasn't checked in yet. Final day of garden build, looking forward to have that behind me. Have a Super Sober Sunday all....:smile:PPQP
          Last edited by porqoui; May 31, 2015, 10:08 AM.

Comment

hey everyone, back from skating half marathon,very tired now and had a snooze, and now waiting for dinner.Had a lovely day - no way could I have done this and enjoyed it hungover.

Really tired but just whizzing in and saying thanks for support and keeping on keeping on.
            one day at a time

Comment

Nice list of sober benefits you made there, Mick. Pretty much anything that's affected by perception looks different once the alcohol filter is lifted, and clear thinking helps me better deal with whatever the reality is. Big day for Dannyboy and his new family tomorrow, eh? Looking forward to hearing about the transition. Family meeting joke is a hoot. Redbox offers dvd rentals in vending machines. You can rent or return to any of their many, many locations.

Sam, we're mostly sunny, breezy, and mild here today. It's a much need improvement. Does your wife have family in Mexico?

Lav, I'm on board with the Save the Farm lottery! Thanks for the link.

Hi Pauly and PQ!

Last night my neighbor's carport started to collapse under the weight of the rainwater. She got her car moved before it did, but I imagine there's new damage all over the city.

Hi Det and Bear!

Comment

Hidy Ho ABerooooonies!

wow Mick, you super green thumber you. I finally managed to mow the grass here which was looking like hay.

Helped a friend moving house today, so got in my free workout.

Bear, glad you're exercising and not drinking today

time to bake a whole trout, with beets and baked potato. yummo!

then off to the bay in the morn for the whole week.

Lav, i just detest humid/hot. ickypoo! yes, AC is a blessing.

be well loves
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Your dinner menu sounds good Det
                  It's the frizzy hair that the humid weather creates that really irritates me, ha ha! Also don't like feeling like a damp slug!!!

PQ, you are a wonderful garden creator. I hope you are appreciated

Pie, I imagine all that rain is just as bad on building structures as a heavy snowfall. Every spring/summer there seems to be several building collapses in Philly after heavy rains. That scares me to even think about.

I'm watching my grandsons all day tomorrow so I'd better rest up!!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X