Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to do one day at a time

Hello everyone

Thanks for all the really great messages of support. I think part of my probem is I beat myself up,then feel anxious about it, then that means I drink/smoke more.
    I convince myself that I can't do it, so I need to work on changing my negative thinking. Same with my weigh/exercise issues - if I just do it and don't think about it it's ok.

I need to try to focus myself in today and let the rest take care of itself, well I actually can't drink/smoke too much this weekend as I have zero cash so that is quite handy in a way!

The exercsie is coming along nicely now and I am getting into a routine.
    It helps that I have a 5k race coming up so I need to whip myself into shape a bit, I just need to relax and not stress about stuff as the more pressure I put on myself the more it all goes pear shaped.

anyway bye for now
    Bear
    one day at a time

good luck Bear and keep on trying.

Comment

Hi Bear,

Yes, that's what I have to do too....one day at a time. Maybe if you put a short term goal in front of you like 14 or 30 days to start and then reevaluate when you reach your goal?

Just a thought to ponder......good luck in the 5K!
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Hello Bear,
        Quiescent said it for me.
        Best wishes.

Comment

Sounds like a great attitude, Bear - one step at a time - set yourself up for success rather than 'failure' (though I don't like that word!) - attainable goals!

Best of luck and keep going - good luck in the 5K - I'm impresse by that motivation! :l
          :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
          Goals:
          Days 1-7 DONE
          Days 8-14 DONE
          Days 15-21 DONE
          30 days DONE
          60 days
          100 days

Comment

Bear, you can and will overcome.
            bear
            What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
            ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Well I ended up very drunk and smoked tonnes last night, that's it now though I have had enough.
              No more beating myself up, I'm just trying to focus on what I am achieving (i.e. running)
              I am aiming for a week af as I think anything bigger than that is too intimidating for me at the moment.
              thanks for the support and I will be checking in each day as that really helps me
              one day at a time

Comment

:l That's the way to do it bear.

Comment

It's only when you give up completely we have a problem, all of us, and I mean all of us on this site are at least doing something. Keep it up together we can overcome.

Sue

Comment

Working...
                  X