toosdi da ateteenf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toosdi da ateteenf

mornin folks ..how are yizall..good ..well cant stay on long ..the windows gods have caught up with me...and its time to upgrade to windows 10........like now..lets hope its better than the last programme!!! quick brew ...and see you all later ..bear best o luck at the quacks today
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

not startedso thot I would get some jokes on

I've currently got my head stuck in a vase, after I tried to pick out a Smartie from the bottom using just my teeth.
    I've told my son to ring the fire brigade, but apparently, he doesn't know the number.

I don't know where that dumb git gets his fcking brains from, sometimes.

My wife waddled into the house after lunch today.

"You'll never believe what happened to Mary from the café," she said. "She badly burned both her hands."

"Can't say I'm surprised," I told her. "Probably friction from rubbing them together when you walked in."

Right, that's it, I'm not using that chinese chippy any more, unless they start making more of an effort.
    I'm sick of the same old chips, satay and cat soup.

When all I ever want is chips and a sachet of ketchup.

At work today my boss was screaming at at one of my colleagues.

Finally, I'd had enough and told him to lay off.

To my surprise he did. Anybody know what time the job centre opens?

A lot of folks can't understand how we came to have an oil shortage here in our country.

Well, there's a very simple answer.

Nobody bothered to check the oil.

We just didn't know we were getting low.

The reason for that is purely geographical.

Our OIL is located in The North Sea

Our DIPSTICKS are located in Westminster!!!

"I'll deal with you in my office", said my headmaster when I got caught selling drugs at school.

I sold him a half ounce.

Daily Mail:

"Briton fell to his death jumping between 5th floor hotel balconies in Spain after all-day drinking session".

My sincere condolences go out to KFC on the devastating loss of a future employee.

The pessimist sees only the dark in the tunnel.
    The optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
    The realist sees a train coming in the tunnel.
    The train driver sees three complete d.ckheads sitting on the fecking railway line.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning Mick, good luck with windows ten!Had blood test yesterday so just got to wait for the results now,feeling a bit better for some complete doing nothing for a few days,apart from reading - day off today too which is lovely.

Lunch with US friends before they head back home,before that bit of my yoga DVD and getting my eyebrows shaped and dyed.Started an 8 week meditation book/CD programme so done that this morning for 10 mins.

I want to book a week away for September too so that we have some proper time off before Christmas.

Happy to be sober,feels like life is starting to come together bit by bit,I know what changes I want/need to make and I am making them step by step,or have a plan to make them.
      I wouldn't feel this way with alcohol in my life,and everything that is associated with it for me.
      one day at a time

Comment

blood tests back - all fine
        So I'm stressing myself out - so meditation and yoga dvd that has just kicked my arse should all help.
        Have a lovely day everyone
        one day at a time

Comment

morning all
          looks like maybe some showers coming our way?? not sure, we could use it. Twin calves doing fine. Had another calf about 2 days after they arrived. It is the most illusive dern thing. I have walked for 2 days in this small field I have them in and finally found it yesterday. Pigs are getting bigger and unfortunately, friendlier. Went to see an old family friend in a retirement home. She is doing really well. She reminded me of the time when we were kids and my dad had pigs, which one of them we named "Pork Chop". Apparently we got upset when it was time to make the name and the intent of raising him or her become final. Don't remember, but she did! I hope my mind is as sharp as her's is. Makes me all the more grateful to be sober.

Mick, getting a new computer or just updating the operating system? Computers are such a pain in the ass sometimes. Seems like every other OS is flawed and a person has to wait for the improved one. Good luck with it all!

Bear, glad your results came back positively negative! I find that some form of daily meditation a good thing. I have to thank Lav for pointing me in that direction. The hard part is always making time and being consistent. I started doing the tai chi form I had learned several years ago. Feels good to put a physical and mental thing together now that I'm beyond the memory work of the movements, I can concentrated on the mental.

well off to it,
          hope everyone enjoys their day.

NS, got 2 steers getting ready to "process". still ain't got it figured out yet. There's got to be someone close to you that does the same??

Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Yeah, Sam, there are people here but I'd like yours better! Heck, you even have happy pigs - keep the stress hormones low and the meat is more tender and tasty!

Pie, I've been thinking about your question. For me it's been an evolution from feeling like I had to drink even though I didn't want to, to struggling not to, to feeling awful because I wasn't, to resenting that I couldn't, to accepting that I couldn't, to not caring that I couldn't, to where I am now, glad that I don't. It takes time but this peace was worth the wait.

Glad your blood work was good, Bear. I just got normal liver function tests (checking to see if itching was due to liver issues - I guessed that if my liver was the cause, I would have been itching long ago!).

Let us know what you think of W-10, Mick. I'm holding off - very chicken to be an early adopter, especially with my work computer.

Have a good day Abbers!

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post

Pie, I've been thinking about your question. For me it's been an evolution from feeling like I had to drink even though I didn't want to, to struggling not to, to feeling awful because I wasn't, to resenting that I couldn't, to accepting that I couldn't, to not caring that I couldn't, to where I am now, glad that I don't. It takes time but this peace was worth the wait.
              NoSugar, this REALLY sums up the process! I am going to tuck this into MY Tool Box. Beautifully describes the process.

I am also taking the Windows 10 plunge today! Will advise as to how it goes! B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Tuesday to all!

I was kind of surprised to see all the fog outside this morning after baking in excess heat for the part four days. It's still supposed to hit 93 today, yuck.

Mick, I am signed up to install Windows 10. My son-in-law & daughter say there's no problems with it so we should be OK

bear, glad to hear your blood work is OK. Now just remember to be kind to yourself every single day. Taking care of our emotional selves is a really big deal!

Sam, so now you have three babies - Congrats!
                I am also in the process of updating the OS on my Apple products too, ha ha! You wouldn't believe how many computers I have in my life
                I have a feeling that your musical abilities will go a long way in help keeping your mind sharp so keep on playing.

Hi NS & Byrdie!

Wishing everyone a great AF day - this sober life rocks!!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, great post NS,I have trouble thinking of you ever struggling, actually most of the long termers cuz I think it was before most of you came here,no exercise for me today,I just woke up too late to do much,plus this cold or allergy crap has me off kilter,I hate feeling like this,my sleep gets messed up,my thinking gets muddled,I get depressed cuz I can't enjoy my life,grr,one of my customers turns 100 today and he still drives!!he's sharp as a tack,always tells me a quick joke and is super positive, I'm gonna post the pic on Facebook later of me and him hello to all,always happy when Byrdie pops in,let's have a great Tuesday
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Just wanted to pop on as I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. Had a horrible nights sleep, dragging this morning and have to get on with it.
                    Will check back on yesterday's thread and post later today.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                      NS,I have trouble thinking of you ever struggling, actually most of the long termers cuz I think it was before most of you came here
                      Hi, Pauly
                      My repeated day ones occurred before I joined MWO but all the other stages have occurred over the last 31 months.

What keeps me coming back is that I don't feel like that struggling person was me, either, but I don't want to forget what that was like. Some people drift away from MWO because they feel fine, don't want to think about not drinking all the time, and are brought down by stories of relapse. To me, thinking about not drinking is a positive thought so I like it! I feel bad when people get off track and hope that maybe something I write helps them, but I appreciate their sharing their stories - they are reminders to me of where I was, even though it doesn't feel that way anymore. Humans have an amazing ability to forget the bad stuff. That may be evolutionarily useful (or who would have more than 1 baby??) but I don't think it serves us very well here.

Comment

Good luck to all of you doing OS updates! Suppose I'll follow along at some point, but feeling no urgency yet.

Thanks for your response to my question, NS. I'm certainly glad to no longer feel compelled to drink. That business of having to stay stocked up, to avoid running, out was a drag. Lav, I agree with your point of increased confidence in staying AF; don't need my Antabuse shield anymore.

Mick, do your Sunday jaunts involve discovering treasure?

Hi Sam, Bear, Byrdie, Pauly, PQ and all to come.

Comment

well...so far..this windows 10 seems to be doing ok ..tho it is pretty slow...but I guess its just getting its head round all the sites blah blah..if this lot doesnt work then who knows where it will end up ...big shout to all today hiya pie ...discovering Treasure??????????Now what would that be about?have a great day..

Comment

There you are, Mick! Am I onto something with the treasure discovery idea? Methinks yes!

Comment

pie...yes youve cracked it!!!!!its only taken 3 years!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X