• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday 23

mornin folks ..just about to leave...hope you are all well its 4.20 am

quick few jokes for the day...........

I was chatting to my mate in the pub.

"Someone propped my car up and stole my alloys last week." I said, "Pretty sure it was the Irish Gypsies down the road."

"You know I'm fed up with stereotypes." He said, "Not all gypsies are thieves, and for that matter, not all the Irish are stupid! How do you even know it was them?"

"Well." I started, "They came round the next day asking if they could have their bricks back."

My late wife never knew when to stop talking.

Probably explains why she drowned.

At this point in my life, my greatest chances of having a threesome is sex with a schizophrenic.

After 30 years I ran into my childhood crush in the bar.

"Oh my God!" she said. "You were that creepy guy I always saw watching me wherever I went."

"Yeah, but it won't happen again." I assured her. "I've had 30 years of practice."

If there are any guitarists here who want to know the secret to making their instrument sound better, stay tuned.

Paddy and his wife are lying in bed one the night and the neighbours dog's barking like mad in the garden.

Paddy says,
    fck this!" and storms downstairs.

Five minutes later he comes back upstairs and his wife says, "What did you do?"

Paddy says, "I've put the fcker in our garden - let's see how they like it!"

A book just fell on my head.

I've only got my shelf to blame.

"Do you want to hear a really good Batman impression?" asked my mate Dave.

"Go on then," I replied.

"NOT THE KRYPTONITE!" he screamed.

I said, "That's Superman."

He said, "Thanks, I've been practising."

Two Irishmen in a dark cave.

"I can't see anything." says Paddy, "Do you have a match?"

Murphy gives him a match and he strikes it against the wall of the cave and nothing happens.

He strikes it again, still nothing.

He then says, "Murphy, this match doesn't work."

"That's funny," says Murphy, "It worked okay this morning."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Have fun, Mick! Off to bed for me.

Comment

Right behind you, NS. Enjoy the hunt, Mick.

Comment

That makes 3 of us...good luck Mick.

Comment

morning Mick,back from yoga class and just had veggie breakfast,smoothie,coffee and a cigarette.
          Lovely day at the beach yesterday with old friend and her daughter,now with cat and just planning shower and getting dressed,off to get bit of shopping,friend popping in and cooking big veggie chilli for the week
          Decided to focus on eating well and exercise over next few weeks and see how much weight I can lose.Getting back into cooking fresh and making healthy lunches,will still have small bits of chocolate but as a proper treat on sofa at end of day - not stuffed through the day and barely noticed.
          So happy to be sober,feeling a lot more chilled out and will get back on top of things at work tomorrow.Big relief to have decided to postpone my course for 12 months too.
          Happy Sunday everyone.
          one day at a time

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Happy Sunday to all
            I hope your day is productive Mick!!

Greetings NS, Pie, PQ & bear.
            I hope everyone has a great AF day.
            My plan is to get outside & get some garden cleanup done. The weather looks like it's going to be acceptable (not too hot), ha ha.

Hello to everyone, will check in later!
            Have a great aF day one & all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

good morning everyone,

late night canning salsa, just finishing my first cup, definitely time for second. Looks like there were other late nighters as well. Got multiple farm stuff to do today. Gotta figure out where I'm going to put this wood furnace at the farm house. That will going in soon. Water trough project well under way, twin calves doing well, pigs getting fat, need to go into the bee hives and start fall feeding them. Making tomato juice today I hope. Glad I'm sober to enjoy it all!!

check in later, hope you all have a good un.
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, funny jokes Mick,Sam,send me a jar I love homemade salsa,hubs makes great salsa,but only on special occasions, Bear,are you still e- cigging? I too want to eat better and get some of this fluff off,I've learned that I can't skip meals,it makes me feel crazy,so I figure more veg and good proteins, nuts and stuff,woke up in a great mood,started exercising and half through felt depressed a bit low blood sugar me thinks,hope everyone enjoys this blessed Sunday,hello to all
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Bear...you're sounding positively brill (as Mick would say) today. Good choice on postponing the course. Sounds like you have a good day planned.

Lav...hope the weather stays acceptable.

Sam...always something to do when you live on a farm. Sounds like things are going good in your world today.

Pauly...I too woke up in a great mood. The wonders of a good night's sleep. Sounds like you've got things figured out....a food diary might help keep you on course.

Great visit with Dad yesterday, going to be warmer today so will check on the garden later. Love that fact that I still have another day off tomorrow. Have a Super Sober Sunday all ......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Aye PPQP,a food diary helps but being honest in it is another thing haha
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                      Aye PPQP,a food diary helps but being honest in it is another thing haha
                      I hear ya Pauly...LOL

Comment

I drank last night.. no good reason for it 7s hots of whisieyk two beers and a bottle of vodkka
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

I drank last night.. no good reason for it 7s hots of whisieyk two beers and a bottle of vodkka
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det,keep coming back,do you know the trigger,and a way round it next time,what happened in the few weeks before for you?
                            You can do this.Look after yourself.
                            one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                            X