Sunday 8th Nov........Armistice Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday 8th Nov........Armistice Sunday

hiya folks,how are we all today then?its pouring down here today...something called Abigail is on the way...hope it fairs off before the parades start today...Julie hasnt been feeling too great..was in bed most of yesterday got bad stomach and all of that ..and this morning she has got a rash..being of a generous nature she has given me the bad belly syndrome today!!
    youse all can have brews Im on water!!

was going to go detecting today but thats a non starter,was looking at the replies to my question on the fred yesterday,..thanks for the input,Lav like you ,I do like to post daily...accepted at times it does become a chore...but thats in the minority..this isnt my fred ..it belongs to all ov us,and Im loathe to do anything without the input of everyone ...that includes those not here at the mo....my suggestion would be..to have a week commencing thread,but those of us who wanted to post daily could do so ...or indeed even more than once a day...and those that dive in could pick up from where they left orf..for me I would try and still put the jokes up on a daily basis...oh no I hear you say!!

any thotz or ideas on this lot?

here we go ..a few jokes to keep things going.......have a great day....

Burglars have stolen 47 rare watches from the home of influential businessman Sir John Ritblat.

When asked by police what time the offence was committed, Sir John replied, "Fck off."

You know, Morgan Freeman hasn't aged a day since I first saw him in the Shawshank Redemption.

He still looks 87.

Channel 5 are to screen a new series about scammers.

If you've been scammed and would like to take part in the show, please send your name, address, mother's maiden name and bank details to: You've been Scammed, Channel 5, 10 Lower Thames Street, London EC3R 6EN.

BBC News: "Illegally downloading pirated films is costing hundreds of millions of pounds a year"

what site are they downloading them off? It's free for me...

Do women shake the petrol pump nozzle after filling up or is it just a man thing?

I have a phobia of trampolines..

I can't help it, they just always make me jump!

As a photographer, imagine my delight when I got a job to photograph pupils at a predominantly Chinese school. I made a fortune, and only had to take one photo.

I've just found out that my local all-you-can-eat restaurant has got mice.

I've had about 7 but I'm getting full now.

"I got caught short today whilst I was out and had to take a pee in the bushes" I said to my friend

"Where were you?" he asked

"At the garden centre" I replied

Today I've got my first dentist appointment in fifteen years.

Better brush my tooth before I go.

Just watching the fire at Erinsborough High school on Neighbours.

The Australian fire brigade are fcking useless.

It started yesterday and they still haven't arrived.

anyone interested in these logic puzzles? e is easy m medium

e...After a local bungled heist, five suspects were being interviewed by the police.

Eventually the police managed to get a confession.

Below is a summary of their statements and it turns out that exactly 5 of these statements were true.

Would you make a good detective, try and work out who committed the crime?

Adrian said:
    It wasn't Barry
    It was Cedric

Barry said:
    It wasn't Adrian
    It was Derek

Cedric said:
    It wasn't Derek
    It wasn't Barry

Derek said:
    It wasn't Eric
    It was Adrian

Eric said:
    It wasn't Cedric
    It was Derek

m.......At the recent spring fete, four keen gardeners were displaying their fine roses.

In total there were four colours and each rose colour appeared twice.

From the clues below can you tell who had which colour roses?
    Mr Green had a yellow rose.
    Mr Yellow did not have a red one.
    Mr Red had a blue rose but not a green one.
    Mr Blue did not have a yellow one.
    One person with a red rose also had a green one.
    One person with a yellow rose also had a blue one.
    One of the persons with a green rose had no red.
    Neither of the persons with a yellow rose had a green one.
    No person has two roses of the same colour.
    No two persons had the same two colour roses and their names provide no clues.

h...hard
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    Thanks for the start up Mick. It doesn't really matter how this fred is done as long as it's around and I can find it!! Always found it interesting it was under "monthly" but really it is a daily, no matter, I still enjoy it. And Mick, the jokes are why I sought it out in the first place! Hope you and the mrs get feeling better.

played tunes for about 6 hours yesterday and was exhausted by the time I got home. Brain dead. We played at an art thingy in a coffee roasters so we enjoyed good coffee, then the fellars wanted to go to a brewerey where we had been asked to play. Well I tell, if I could ever be tempted, it was there, it smelled soon good, but let the fleeting moment go by and played tunes with a small tug of regret but very glad in the end that it really was a non-issue. Once the aroma became the norm of what I smelled, it all dissolved. Doing another small jam with my fiddle teacher today, hope she doesn't smack hands with a ruler.

off to check the new calf and the rest. 2 more loads of hay to get then done with that,
    be well good friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Sunday morning Abbers!

Sorry you & the Mrs are feeling poorly Mick.
      Sounds like a good day to just stay inside & watch stupid TV. Get better soon :hug:
      As far as the Daily thread goes - it's always been a Daily thread & that's fine with me. It's fine if someone is busy & misses a day or two. We have all pulled on our big girl & big boy pants a long time ago & it really shouldn't matter much if we miss a day here or there. Let's just leave it as it is & see how it goes?

Sam, you sure had a busy day yesterday!
      Your hands may be rebellious today, huh?
      It's nice to be able to ignore the sights & smells associated with AL. Deep down inside, none of us want to go there....right?

Greetings to everyone else dropping by today. I will be watching my grandsons again this afternoon & evening so I better get prepared.
      Have a wonderful AF day everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,hey don't mess with Morgan Freeman,he's the man! daily,weekly,monthly, I don't care as long as we're all here together the only positives I thought of weekly were,easier to find older threads that I need info from,less threads taking up MWO space,again being able to keep up with late posters,no double threads,etc,slept great last night seems like on my days off I always do haha,off to grocery store, much love to all,hope everyone enjoys their Sunday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

P.S.feel better Mick and Julie
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X