Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday June 11th

Hello again.
    A hard, hot shift today, butI enjoy working up a good sweat.
    I'm going for a long soak in the bath tonight.
    Good luck with the test Bella and thanks for joining us Lucky and hart.
    I hope you all have a cracking rest-of-the-day.

Comment

Monday June 11th

i like what you posted about not having that loathing and fear feeling today. but even though i'd on day 3 today. i do still feel some kind of dread thing today. checking in with you all. down the hill and off to do part two of day. here's to a sober day. and here's to no cigs today either. cheers
      :welcome:

Comment

Monday June 11th

Today is day #1. I finally admitted to myself I have a problem with my drinking. I feel relieved with my reconing. I am looking forward to guilt free mornings and sober nights. What kinds of things are you doing to replace the hours of drinking?

Comment

Monday June 11th

Hi Roxy,:welcome:

I've been filling my time with food, cleaning and cans of diet soda

Hey.......it could be worse!

I think you have to find what keep YOU busy. Walking during drinking hours, gardening, reading........whatever keeps you goin'.

BCB, congratulations on three days....it can only get easier!
          :h :h :h :h

Comment

Monday June 11th

Hello all, just liek every other milestone with my AF time, I took a victory 5 mile run...it was fantastic....I pick a hard run, and then push myself through it, my motivation is always "well, if I could be AF for this lond, I could surely run a little farther, a little faster"

150 Days AF today, thank you all for your support, it means the world to me...

Victoria
            It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
            James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Monday June 11th

Brilliant Victoria!
              I'm proud and pleased.:goodjob:

Comment

Monday June 11th

So....Popeye, do I get a pin-up calendar of you for my accomplishment???
                It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Monday June 11th

It's in the post.

Comment

Monday June 11th

lol
                    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Monday June 11th

Roxxy welcome to you! I spend way too much time here and on chat seems to keep me plenty occupied when I'm not roasting garlic. Or peeling garlic. Or chewing on a clove of garlic....you get the idea.
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Monday June 11th

Hi Roxxy,
                        It can be tough finding something else to do.
                        I was so used to just sitting alnoe, drinking that I couldn't even think of anything else to do.
                        Then I thought about what everybody else does during the evening. If it's nice out, they'll maybe go for a walk, or maybe watch a film (and remember what it was about the next day), or potter about in the garden, or have a nice hot bath, or go to the gym. All mundane stuff, but so much more rewarding than waking up guilty and ashamed and embarrassed, the way I used to.

Well done azcrazy.
                        And good luck with the new job Eyesontheprize.

Oh! And coming here helps enormously.

Comment

Monday June 11th

Getting Ready to Go!

Hey Eyesontheprize, you're ahead of me by a day. I've had periods of sobriety and periods of mods, but I'm back again starting at Day 1 tomorrow. You're in good company here, and you'll get it right!

I'm actually beginning to look forward to midnight when I turn into an ABs pumpkin. I think that I need to prepare myself to be a little more ANGRY at times that I can't drink anymore. There's a lot of positives to not drinking, but since I never REALLY got into trouble, never REALLY had a blackout, but for about 10 seconds once, blah, blah, blah--all the rationalizations one uses to say they're not REALLY an alcoholic or problem drinker--well, I've used them all. Part of me WILL be relieved to let this go, but another part of me will be angry that I HAVE to let it go. It's about time that I accept that and just deal with it.

I'm glad to see lucky back here and hart. Lucky, we've known each other a LONGGGG time, and hart, I'm looking forward to getting to know you. There are too many new people here to name by name, but it is good to see Popeye (will miss you on vacation!) and Victoria, the Garlic Guy, Rachele, and etc. You will all inspire me in the days to come. If I didn't name you, please blame it on topa and booze (soon just on topa!)

Lots of hugs,:l :l :l
                          Kathy

PS: Hey Roxxy, usually the first week for me is just devoted to NOT DRINKING. After that I am better at starting to find things to fill the time. For the first week, I just stare at the television or read when I'm not working. Pretty blah, but it gets better. As you can see, I've been through this before!
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday June 11th

HI Kathy!!

I was going to bed but saw your name pop up and wanted to say Hi and so glad to see you.
                            Hope you are back to visiting here again - I've missed you!

Have a good night everyone. I'm up late for me.

Lisa

Comment

Monday June 11th

nice to see all the support and love and posts. got that crazy wow, shouldn't i come home and drink thought? uh no, you should come home and have tea and go to sleep as you are way tired. lol so yes the first week for me is about not drinking. and making sure to take all the topa i'm supposed to take each day and not skipping. so here's to topa and all the supps. i can't wait to actually have some sleepy time and not be up til like 3 a.m. drinking. nice nice
                              :welcome:

Comment

Monday June 11th

Woo Hoo, I am making the Monday Post tonight. Yesterday when I got here it was today. I hope every one had a great Monday. I will be back in the morning
                                bear
                                What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                                ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Working...
                                X