thursdi 17th march

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thursdi 17th march

mae all...Happy St Paddys day to all it concerns..it would have been my ma s birthday too,though she is no longer here,....well hopefully today is less hassle than yesterday ...and the fizzog isnt hurting so much....reason it was so sore,is apparently my stomach produces too much acid,the result then being that it dissolves my teeth over time ..good eh?built in paint stripper!!so the result is Im in the process of getting crowns,and also top implants,..the other day was 8 temporary crowns in 1 hit!2 weeks time its the intermediate ones,then after that start building bone to take the abutments in the top for the implants..so there you go ...costing a few bob,but hopefully Ive gotta few years in me yet ...and I dont intend to live on soup and dribbly mince!!

more importantly....the greenhouse is finished!!!finished sealing it last night at 6.30pm..electrics work the lot well pleased with it..I had set my hat at 3 weeks..took bit less than that..

20160316_153709.jpg

20160316_153637.jpg

20160316_153702.jpg

Amy coming down for the weekend so that means the cupboards will be empty Monday!!

brew times all round.....

morning Lav....how are you today then?good I hope...after a day full of my little pony with the bunny rabbit!!a well needed brew ..here you go..I think with the man thing its kinda like "my castles the biggest castle so Im the more powerful...dunno...Im sure there is someone somewhere studied all this and is willing to impart their theories to you for a few of Uncle Sams finest!yep Im taking ibos,and to be faur they do work..hope you have a good day.

hey Sam...hows you today then?all good?what the heck is kumboucha?...watched a brill programme on telly last night...it was about breeding cattle in Scotland..apparently the best ones selling wise and breeding are short horns and limousin...it was really interesting..

hiya pauly hows you today as for the drinking ....hey...heres your answer! let it go.....

done dusted ..move on..first time I quit cigs ,I had one after 6 months!! hope you have a great day......big hug to you..

hiya pie.....hows the job moving along?all going to plan ..ish?fubar?Im with ns on that one .....snafu is more common over here I reckon..best of luck tho..

hiya ns...how are you?all well I hope...def sure you will have a better time if such a thing exists..at the dentist..

hiya ppqp...hows you then?a quiet day?yep I did get some of that anebesol,and it is good on the gums,but its the toothy pegs themselves and where he has been using my mouth as a dartboard....so dt ...doesnt mean down town then? oh dear I got that one wrong!!you have a great day!!

big shout all those not here..hiya kuya ...you woke up yet now that you are home?

have a good one folks...

Four expectant fathers pace in a hospital waiting room while their wives are in labor. The nurse enters and tells the first man, "Congratulations, you're the father of twins."

"What a coincidence," the man says. "I work for the Minnesota Twins baseball team."

A little later, the nurse returns and tells the second man, "You are the father of triplets."

"That's really an incredible coincidence," he answers. "I work for the 3M Corporation."

An hour later, the nurse tells the third man that his wife has just given birth to quadruplets. The man says, "I don't believe it! I work for the Four Seasons. What a coincidence."

After hearing this, everyone's attention turns to the fourth guy who has just fainted. He slowly regains consciousness and whispers, "I should have never taken that job at Millennium Computers."

for dog lovers

1. After your humans give you a bath, DON'T LET THEM TOWEL DRY YOU! Instead, run to their bed, jump up and dry yourself off on the sheets. This is especially good if it's right before your human's bedtime.

2. Act like a convicted criminal. When the humans come home, put your ears back, tail between your legs, chin down and act as if you have done something really bad. Then, watch as the humans frantically search the house for the damage they think you have caused. (Note: This only works when you have done absolutely nothing wrong.)

3. Let the humans teach you a brand new trick. Learn it perfectly. Then the humans try to demonstrate it to someone else, stare blankly back at the humans. Pretend you have no idea what they're talking about.

4. Draw attention to the human. When out for a walk always pick the busiest, most visible spot to go 'poo'. Take your time and make sure everyone watches. This works particularly well if your humans have forgotten to bring a plastic bag.

5. When out for a walk, alternate between choking and coughing every time a strange human walks by.

6. Make your own rules. Don't always bring back the stick when playing fetch with the humans. Make them go and chase it once in a while.

7. Hide from your humans. When your humans come home, don't greet them at the door. Instead, hide from them, and make them think something terrible has happened to you. (Don't reappear until one of your humans is panic-stricken and close to tears).

8. When your human calls you to come back in, always take your time. Walk as slowly as possible back to the door.

On some air bases the Air Force is on one side of the field and civilian aircraft use the other side of the field, with the control tower in the middle. One day the tower received a call from an aircraft asking, "What time is it?"

The tower responded, "Who is calling?"

The aircraft replied, "What difference does it make?"

The tower replied, "It makes a lot of difference. If it is an American Airlines Flight, it is 3 o'clock... If it is an Air Force, it is 1500 hours... If it is a Navy aircraft, it is 6 bells... If it is an Army aircraft, the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 3... and if it is a Marine Corps aircraft, it's Thursday afternoon."

I said to my neighbor, "You'd better let your shutters down, because yesterday I saw you making love with your wife."

"Haha, you idiot," he replied. "I wasn't even home yesterday."

At one point during a baseball game, the coach said to one of his young players, "Do you understand what cooperation is? What a team is?"

The little boy nodded in the affirmative.

"Do you understand that what matters is whether we win together as a team?"

The little boy nodded yes.

"So," the coach continued, "when a strike is called, or you're out at first, you don't argue or curse or attack the umpire. Do you understand all that?"

Again the little boy nodded.

"Good," said the coach. "Now go over there and explain it to your mother."

There was this blonde woman who had a fire in her house, so she called the fire department.

Blonde: There's a fire in my house!

Fireman: Alright ma'am how do we get to your house?

Blonde: With the big red fire truck, of course!

An older gentleman goes into a bar and hears the other patrons discussing the ups and down of marriage. "Next week my wife and I will celebrate our fiftieth anniversary," he tells them.

"That's great. What's your secret for a long and happy marriage," one asks.
    "Well, you have to do nice things for your wife."
    "Such as?"

"Well, for our twenty fifth anniversary I took her to Italy."
    "That is nice. What are you going to do for your fiftieth?"
    "I'm going back to visit her."

Did you hear about the young lady who was addicted to line dancing?

They put her in a two step program.

What do you call a male dog with no legs?

It doesn't make a difference what you call him, he can not come any way.

In a recent issue of "Meat & Poultry" magazine, editors quoted from "Feathers," the publication of the California Poultry Industry Federation, telling the following story: It seems the US Federal Aviation Administration has a unique device for testing the strength of windshields on airplanes. The device is a gun that launches a dead chicken at a plane's windshield at approximately the speed the plane flies. The theory is that if the windshield doesn't crack from the carcass impact, it'll survive a real collision with a bird during flight. It seems the British were very interested in this and wanted to test a windshield on a brand new, speedy locomotive they're developing. They borrowed the FAA's chicken launcher, loaded the chicken and fired. The ballistic chicken shattered the windshield, went through the engineer's chair, broke an instrument panel and embedded itself in the back wall of the engine cab. The British were stunned and asked the FAA to recheck the test to see if everything was done correctly.
    The FAA reviewed the test thoroughly and had one recommendation:
    "Use a thawed chicken."
    Last edited by Mick; March 17, 2016, 06:52 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    how's things going for everyone. Bit tired myself but I'll coffee around to it. Thanks for the kick off Mick. Dental ordeal sounds terribly painful. Not sure how you manage that and building a greenhouse, which looks great!!

PQ, DT syndrome was Donald Trump syndrome, small hands, things needing to be big, etc.

Off to a meeting
    later good friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers, Happy St. Patrick's day

I'm not Irish & never liked green beer so I'm not missing much, ha ha!
      Thanks for the coffee Mick, that's more my speed these days anyway.

Mick, your greenhouse looks awesome, great job!!!
      If you connect yours with your neighbor's you could have a mini Longwood Gardens going there & give tours
      You really are having some serious dental work done, I hope it all works out for you. I don't care for pureed food either, yuck. Maybe adjusting your diet would help reduce some of the acid reflux. You don't want to damage your stomach & esophagus either, geez.

Hi Sam, did you hear that there's a possibility of a coastal storm Sunday? We could have snow on the first day of spring. That thought does not make me happy Hope your meeting goes well today!

Hello to Pauly, Pie, PQ, NS, Det & everyone stopping in today!
      My granddaughter is happy & busy as a bee here, I am grateful

Have a wonderful AF day everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,tbh I thought St.Patrick's day was this past weekend the way they were carrying on here in Vegas? Parties and green all over,already have 2 little tomatoes growing I ate one of the ones that sprouted last time on a BLT,it seemed sweeter than the store ones,Mick,the worst part of crowns is sitting with your mouth open for what feels like forever,listening to horrible music and wondering where the hell the dentist went,bleh,I'm happy Amy will be visiting you Sam,I was wondering what DT syndrome was,I thought you were referring to the withdrawal DTs,which if Trump gets elected the whole country will probably feel like they are experiencing them Hahahaha! God I crack myself up I had your number once,if you don't mind? I'll take anyone's number if I ever feel like being an asshat again,much love to all,hope today's an easy day for us all
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sam, my Kombucha factory is in full swing! I usually add a few slices of some sort of citrus with the ginger - really refreshing and tasty! What flavors do you make, Lav?

Your greenhouse is amazing, Mick. You're quite the handy guy. Wish you lived closer!! You seem to know my dog - she does many of those things with public peeing and pooping being her favorite - We hardly have anything to pick up in our own yard.

Hi, Pauly and PPQP :smile:!

Comment

:stompy2::stompy2::stompy2:

Lawyer bill stressing me out....contractor parked in my reserved spot....1/2 my take out order missing....posting here so I don't hit the liquor store

Comment

1/2 of your take out order missing?!?!?! No wonder you're pissed off!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Aw geez PQ!
                I feel like I should get in a plane & come beat up some people for you (just kidding). I hope everything works out in the best possible way for you :hug:

NS, my kombucha factory was murdered by my not so helpful spouse last summer. I asked to look after it for a few days while I took my girls to the beach - he didn't bother
                I'll have to get it started up again. I loved the ginger & lemon flavors too!

Mick, my granddaughter has eaten so much food in the past 24 hrs it scares me, ha ha! I assume it's a growth spurt??

Peace to everyone tonight!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X