wenzdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wenzdi

mornin all...well you will see that its daft o clock again...couldnt sleep so decided to get up..0411...and its raining...and dark...and windy...and time for a brew...:thumbsup:

how is everyone then?

Kuya ...sorry that your foster sister has passed on...its easy to see that there was a lot of love and respect between you ..but at least you got to see her before the end and no doubt she will live on in your heart.. :hug:

Pauly ...welcome back...hope you are feeling better....as for mwo....the first thing you need to do is decide if you really do want to give up the booze,because it sounds like that you just dont know at the mo...if you quit on here ..then what do you do ?just chuck the towel in?nope you came here for a reason 4 years ago..is that reason still valid?got to agree with the others....dump the negativity somehow...you can do this and you will if you want..for some it is easier than others....there are loads of ideas on here ,there are loads of people on here with ideas to that will help you,so just ask..but ask yourself first honestly do I want to...if you can answer that ..then why not start a fred called what works or something like that?get peeps to put their ideas down of how the created ways to beat it,pick the parts out of that that (bad English!!) you think will work for you and make that your strategy...go for it!!

hiya Lav...early brew..glad all is well..was looking at the German garlic...the roja hardneck type...sounds good ,but it says it doesnt store well?as for the tomatoes..Ive got at the moment seeds planted for Marmande..a beef tom,Roma a plum,Gardeners pearl, a cherry and Sunburst a yellow cherry...once they are up will show you the set up and lets see if it works!!hope your weather clears up a bit...

hiya Sam hows you today mate?all good I hope...

hi pie ..hows the renovation going on?ok?hope so ...yesterday I fitted bath panels and cut the skirting boards complete...got to finish sand them and tidy the bath panels up a wee bit..what a nightmare...not a straight wall or floor!!and that was someone I got in to tile the floor yonks ago!!

hiya ns you ok?been reading your posts...some really interesting stuff :thumbsup:

hiya ppqp...you ok?

hiya det howz the cold ?has it shifted?

right peeps ..thats me ..brew number 2 now..4.48 its a bit early to be sawing n sanding yet!!

12936516_211251672581886_7679267063341484654_n.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; April 6, 2016, 05:10 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hey, Mick

You're up and I haven't gone to bed yet, being here on the left coast of the country. I have to get up by 4:11, also, to catch my flight home. Things are going pretty well in my world, thanks, but will be glad for a 10-day break before the next trip.

Pauly, quitting with the support of friends is tough enough. Are you thinking of trying it on your own? I hope you're not ready to give up entirely. You can't un-know what you've learned and so probably will never be able to enjoy drinking again anyway. There's always hope if you're willing to keep trying. I believe everyone can stop - you just need to keep at it until you're able to see things differently and choose to quit.

Sam, your calm presence and quiet wisdom has helped me for the past 3 years and continues to do so. Showing up and witnessing can be a great offering. Plus I love the glimpses into your life which is interesting, and so much different than my own.

Hi to all other Abbers - I've got to get to sleep so I'll be ready to get up (too) soon.

Comment

MAE y'all,

Kuya, sorry to hear your sister has passed away. My condolences to you and your family.

Take care out there. No complaints here. L8tr g8trs.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning all
        Thanks for the early morning rise and brew. Kuya, maybe you can tell us what happened with stock market a day ahead so we can make it!!! Even if it offshore. When the news first broke on the Panama papers and I kept reading the headlines of "shell" I thought it was about the oil company.

Kuya, sorry to read of your sister, you've had a rough month or so. Thinking of you.

thank you NS for your kind words. That's been one of the perks to being here, besides getting sober, reading about the different folks and their routines, which may seem mundane to them but interest me and gives me hope how good folks are from all over.

Pauly, guess I'm repeating others here. You had to have a reason why you came here. In that time, you know progress has been made, don't discount the progress, that's the "dark" side talking at you. Focus on the good. Can't say everything will be alright because there's always crap that gets in the way. Have you look this monster square in the face for what it is? if you decide to leave, we'll keep your chair here.

G-man how goes it? bending those strings?

rooster crowing away this morning, he's a persistent thang. My broody hen hasn't produce any chicks. I notice that some of the other hens work their way into the same box and the eggs crack. Thinking about borrowing an incubator, if I can find one to borrow.

well off to the mines. be well all
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Wednesday morning Abbers, happy Hump day

Just below freezing here but at least it's sunny. Spring decided not to stick around these parts, I hear we are getting snow on Saturday, boo hiss.

Thanks for the way too early coffee Mick, ha ha!
          Not sleeping great seems to be common in this age group. I slept 2 hours last night when my dog had an emergency & had to go out. Took me forever to get back to sleep. Such is life!

Hello to kuya, NS, Sam, G & all the other Abbers!
          Have a great AF day everyone.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by kuya
            Thanks Sam. I knew my sister didn't have long and I am so glad I saw her before she died.

Yeah it has been an eventful few weeks but I am relieved to say I am at peace with it all.
            Sincerest condolences on the death of your dear sister, Kuya, I was so sad to read this. Wishing you strength and peace thru all the processes yet to come. Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
            X