tuesday 7th..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuesday 7th..

hi folks just a quick jump in ...this morning ..Halifax and Oldham to pick stuff up ,then Rochdale this aft ..and at 11onwards thunderstorms superposed to start so big shout to you all...there is a great thread going on at the mo..its my way out members ...I urge you to have a look and have a say...its all about trying to save this site ..what has gone wrong what can we do to put it right...already people are saying their fond farewells so lets save it ..it is worth getting back on track ..it is a great diverse site both in members and treatments..and there arent too many out there far less ones that can say that!!get you r thinking aps on and lets see whats what it may be really simple ..the best ideas usually are !!

brew time then offski...big shout to everyone ..will be back after..
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hola y'all,

What's this? no jokes Mick? Sheesh, this joint really is going to the dawgs! Safe travels if you're in those storms mate.

Knock knock

Who's there?

Lettuce

Lettuce who?

Lettuce in already!

Big waves to everyone! Take care out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning all
      thanks for the quick brew, Mick. Safe travels to you!

G-man, thanks for taking care of the humor portion. Hope all is well in upside-down land

Not much time myself, slept in late so I'm rockin. Hello to all stopping by....

Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning, Mick, G, Sam, and all yet to come. Had our first sunshine yesterday in about 6 weeks; hoping for more today. Possible breakthrough on the house sale, so fingers crossed. I've noticed how much less sleep I need as a non-drinker. Seven hours leaves me feeling completely refreshed, whereas before I needed a minimum of 10 hours before I could rise. Even at that I struggled through the effects of too much wine. This is way better!

PS - Will have a look at the thread you mentioned, Mick. Haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Mae everybody, not much going on in my neck of the desert,cute joke Mr.G much love to all,have a great Tuesday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Abbers!

I hope you have a good day with all of your activities Mick
            I guess I'll have to go look for that thread Mick. At this point I really don't spend as much time on MWO as I did in the beginning but I do check in daily. It has become an important part of my routine. I hope we can find a way to stay together :hug:

Hi there G & Sam!
            Hi there Pauly!

Pie, I imagine you must be thrilled seeing the sun after all this time.
            I hope the house sale goes thru for you, keeping my fingers crossed

No rain on the forecast for the rest of the week - yay!
            I shall get myself outside as much as possible!

Wishing everyone a great AF day!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

A bloke is visiting a mental hospital when i he comes across a guy moving his arms around and making beeping noises.

"Excuse me", he asks him. "What on earth are you doing?"

"I'm driving my car!, says the guy excitedly. "Beep beep!"

"You fcking nutbar, you're not in a car, you're in a mental hospital!"

A voice comes from the bed opposite. "Mate, shut the fck up will you, he's giving me twenty quid a day to wash it"

First thing this morning, there was a tap on my door.

Funny sense of humour my plumber has.

A family are driving behind a garbage truck when a vibrator flies out and thumps against the windscreen.
              Embarrassed, and to spare her young sons' innocence, the mother turns around and says "Don't worry. That was an insect."
              To which one of the boys replies "I'm surprised it could get off the ground with a d.ck like that."

A man came home from work, sat down in his favorite chair, turned on the TV, and said to his wife, "quick, bring me a beer before it starts."
              She looked a little puzzled, but brought him a beer.
              When he finished it, he said, "quick, bring me another beer. It's gonna start."
              This time she looked a little angry, but brought him a beer.
              When it was gone, he said, "quick, another beer, it's gonna start any second."
              "That's it!" She blows her top. "You bstard! You waltz in here, flop your fat ass down, don't even say hello to me and then expect me to run around like your slave. Don't you realize that I cook and clean and wash and iron all day long?"
              The husband sighed. "Oh shit, it's started"

Did you hear about the look-a-like competition in China?

Everybody won.

I went in to a pet shop. I said, “Can I buy a goldfish?” The guy said, “Do you want an aquarium?”

I said, “I don’t care what star sign it is.”

What do you call bears with no ears?

B

What’s a foot long and slippery?

A slipper.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick, I haven't seen that thread, but will go look for it also. I am as guilty as the next guy to read a thread and not comment. I consider the Newbie's Nest my primary thread, then the Roll Call, I check many, many times a day so I can stay on top of Prize Patrol, but I always read this thread, too, but I don't comment very often. I know that it's the comments of others that spark comments and conversation, and we just come over and TAKE and not give back, it's sort of a one-way street. It's a support forum, after all, and I understand being in a hurry but contributing makes the whole thing work. You can see that this thread gets a great deal of 'foot traffic' but only a handful respond, and that's a shame. I am going to try and do my part here, because I get so much from you all. Maybe if everyone joined in the conversation, more conversation will result!

Thanks, all, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

heya ABerooos. whew! I'm still alive and kicking.
                  I just wanted to get a full week AF in before posting again....not sure why but that's my brain for ya.
                  Last week and a half have been insane and not very much fun, two close friends with cancer diagnosis
                  and one dying of alcoholic liver failure. Add to that my pitiful self-loathing/relapse attack and that Dx is departing
                  to NY for 2 weeks starting this Friday so I'm helping pack etc... I'm just ready for peace, calm and happiness please.

I managed to find a new doc that understands the Baclofen thing so thankfully I'm in the process of titrating-up again and this time it's going very smoothly.

Mick, i didn't realize the size is in jeapardy...that's not good.

well I've missed you all dearly and promise to stay tight and pester you all often with my broken humor and tangential thoughts.

I've spent a lot of time reconnecting with some really good friends and I think I've managed to pry myself out of this off and on funk that's been pulling me downward the last few months.

regarding the friend that's dying of liver failure... she's been married to a lovely man for 45 years so at least they have enjoyed a long and loving time together. i still tear up when I think of them, they are so kind and lovely. I'm currently making a roast for them and Dx is bringing that over for their family tomorrow along with other fixins for a full family meal. I show love with food, just my thing I guess. Maybe I'm emotionally autistic if there is such a thing.

be well friends
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thanks for checking in Det
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Not sure why the site may go down? Was it announced?

Anyways....got to thinking about you guys during a training I had today. In TN grocery stores will begin selling wine on July 1st. Due to state requirements we all have to take this training and pass a test. Anyways....so the teacher has to teach all the negative effects of alcohol and what to watch for in terms of intoxication. I'm like....ok, but isn't that kind of the idea. Do people really have 1 drink an hour? Turns out that in the U.S....20 percent of alcohol consumption is by minors. The other 50 percent is by alcoholics. So that covers 70 percent of all alcohol sold. Me thinks alcohol companies have a big investment in making sure kids and alcoholics keep on drinking. I can only imagine their business meetings....well, if the kids and alkies stop drinking this shit....we are out of business. The flip side was....the way she described how it affected different areas of your brain, what actually happens and what the police are really looking for....I was like damn....where were you 20 years ago.....I could have used you then. It was just an ugly picture from the first drink to the second and then on.....and she wasn't even describing a problem drinker. And for coffee sobering you up...the shit slows down the excretion of alcohol from your system....you are just an awake drunk after coffee and for longer....who knew

That's is all I have. Things are good and I'll check back soon!

Comment

Working...
                      X