wednesdays wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wednesdays wonders

mornin all you wonderful wednesday warriors...hows the booze fight doing?all ok...doesnt do any harm just to remind ourselves every now and again..you never know when the sneaky little git is gonna try his hand..well supposed to rain today..defo a storm in the offing...yustaday was a bit heavy dooty weather wise ..top temp 38 with 93% hoomidity..it just started to rain so chased the rabbits into their hutch....and it stopped ,so they are thumping away like mad...any ways brew time it is..

hiya sam...hows you then?as we speak I can hear God movin the furniture upstairs !!Ive got quite a few toms on the go..majority little uns too..tho there are are a couple of beef ones..dont know if you can see them ..took a shedful of pics but they havent downloaded yet ..settings arent right..

20160720_070254.jpg

hi pauly...ermmm the no eating didnt go too great yustaday..did some time on the treadmill etc...then for tea cos it was so hot..we had pork pies,sossij rolls cheese ..and healthy calorie free stuff like that ..topped off with lemon meringue n marshmallow ice cream..oh dear nae food today for moi....but yes ..I always wake up Hank Marvin too (starvin)

pauly..your post..I usually eat like a senior citizen oi!!!!!!!

hiya SK...didnt realise you came from over here...where do you originate from...what schools etc?yes we are having a hot summer this week....it is now raining..

the time honoured joke.....your post.... I always eat healthy, but somehow ended up with marshmallow fluff (probably rice krispie squares) and woke up about 5:00 a.m. until it was finished!

YEP..you had just eaten your pillow!!!

20160719_135716.jpg

hiy det...hows you then...all good mate..?glad things are looking up on the work front for you...best o luck..yep I was on the treadmill yesterday ..in a sweat suit too..defo drenched...but hey blew it all last night!!

hiya ppqp..hows you then...def sound a lot chirpier ..glad to hear it.....sooooooo this chips n gravy diet....

hiya Lav...hows you today then hope tinternet is all fixed now....your post...Mick, you need a LOT of sunblock when you wear a speedo!!!!

now pray tell...just exackly what do you mean? urban translation perhaps.."oi fat boy ..do one???":congratulatory:

glad the greenhouse is coming along ...your supervisory skills will definitely be needed...

heres my latest playing about ...the fountain...Julie thinks Im mad..fair enough I know I am!!...heres a brew ..go and sit by the pool...

20160718_074049.jpg

hiya pie ...how are you today ..hope all is well with you..

right peeps goodly bye and have a good day

this is worth watching

Rob Greenfield - Timeline | Facebook

Travelling decreases risk of heart attack and depression and supports brain health.

Mark Spitz a.k.a. Mark the Shark, Olympic champion swimmer, was famed for his large moustache in an era when every swimmer was shaving everything to become more hydrodynamic. He once jokingly said to the Russian team coach that his moustache helps him swim faster by deflecting water from his mouth and making him more bullet-shaped. The following year, a moustache was worn by every member of the (male) Russian team.

In 1997, Steve Jobs managed to persuade the board of directors of Apple to fire previous CEO Gil Amelio and appoint him the new CEO as a consequence of Apple’s very bad results. These bad results were partially caused by an anonymous sale of 1,5 million shares. It was later revealed that the anonymous seller was Jobs himself.

Between 1974-1978, Gombe, Tanzania, saw a violent, four-year-long conflict between two chimpanzee clans involving disputes, numerous deaths and kidnapping. The conflict is known as the Gombe Chimpanzee War.

Women have twice as many nerve receptors as men and so they feel pain more intensely, but they also have a higher tolerance for it.

Japan keeps a train station in operation in a small village to enable a single small girl to commute to school. The train goes only twice a day, when she goes to school and when she returns.

Norway has a town called “Hell”. It freezes over quite regularly.

The average person spends only 10 minutes a day speaking.

France is proposing that all new rooftops must be covered either with solar panels or plants.

Little Johnny walks a cow through the village square. The mayor sees him and asks, “Hey Johnny, where are you going with the cow?”
    “I’m taking her to the bulls so she would get pregnant,” answers Johnny.
    The mayor is shocked, “Surely your father had better be doing that?”
    Little Johnny thinks about it for a bit and shakes his head, “Nah, I think it’s really best left with the bulls.”

Little Johnny asks his mum, “Mum, do all fairy tales begin with ‘Once upon a time in a faraway land’?”
    “No darling,” says his mother, somewhat distressed, “Sometimes, they can begin with ‘I’ve got too much work in the office tonight, I’ll come home later’.”
    Last edited by Mick; July 20, 2016, 02:56 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

how do all
    a quick dash in, running a bit behind todiddy. all things quiet here. Fortunately, Mick, the booze creature remains in suspended animation. Been drinking a ton of water lately though! hot and humid.....

hope everyone's day is a good un
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the kick start. Nice looking Tom plants. Sometimes you just have to go for the comfort food. It's amazing how much memory is tied to food.

Sam...quick pop in for me too. Early start today for me. I'm on the Water Wagon as well.

Det...do the job prospects have anything to do with photography?

Shout out to all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, no rain for us this week which is dumb cuz last week they had forecasted it for midweek, I was laughing so hard at Trumps wife reading Michelle Obama's speech practically word for word haha! I think someone sabotaged her but that's what she gets for being a puppet anyways, yesterday I managed to eat lighter but hubs brought home these burritos that I rarely get so of course I had to take a wee little bitedrinking thoughts pop in all the time,why? It's not like I even want to drink,honestly I just think it's a thought pattern that I need to break,I have tiny little zucchini growing, they look cute but the leaves are so huge they block all the sun to the carrots! I totally did it wrong, Mick did Julie ever go to the doc? PQ,glad it's been more peaceful with the ex,does he have addiction issues too?was thinking he drunk calls or something, hello Sam,Det,Lav,SF hope we all have a great Wednesday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello all.
          Mick, I've started drinking hot water on an empty stomach to lose a few lbs. We'll see.

Went to Fairfield High School in Droylsden, nr. Manchester.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

SKendall.....know it well...as does Julie...she used to live in Marina Road.about 2 mins away....straight up Market street over Manchester road opposite Medlock st......it is 29 mins away from us now
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi Gang, I've been working on a condo make-ready this week. Couple finishing touches, and I'll likely wrap it up tomorrow by painting the exterior doors. It's my favorite part, not because I like painting so much, but because of what a huge improvement a fresh coat of paint makes.

I've got a dinner to attend with my canine volunteer group on Friday night. Likely some mighty fine wine will be flowing, which of course I'm thinking about. I'll also need to drive home afterwards, which in itself is enough reason not to partake. I'll be fine. I don't drink.

On my way out in a few to walk a pair of poodles, then there'll be a much needed shower, and a new Stephen King book I'm reading, Mr. Mercedes. It's a good 'un!

Got a question for Mick before I sign off though. Good sir, why is it that you are alternating between speedos and sweat suits? :egad:

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Hump day is almost over & I survived another day watching the grandsons, ha ha!!!
                Still hot & humid here & it's supposed to get even worse. Somehow the weather forecasts are staring to feel like threats

Mick, you do have tomatoes, nice!
                Hope the rain wasn't too bothersome.

Hi there Sam. Pauly, PQ, SK, Pie & everyone. Great on the job interviews Det

I'm worn out so I'll just wish everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hidy ho ho ABerooos!

Mick, I'm totally digging your new diet! next the book?

PPQ, my interview today was for a photo job, and applying for another one tomorrow.

Pie, enjoy the canine crew (sans vino of course)

Pauly, i certainly feel your frustration with the voice of AL. Thankfully this time 'round I'm not getting them as of yet but I'm sure they could pop up at any given moment which is freaky, but the main thing is we expect them and are prepared to kick their ass!
                  so there gratitude exercises, meditation, go for a walk.... you know the drill dear one. xxxxx

Lav, rest up... I'm sure the rascals will be back before you know it.

Sunflower, you around? saw your flowers today and snapped a pic. if it turns out I'll post it next.

shouts to Sam and SK

did I mention I cut myself yet again? I'm so bloody talented (get it?) managed to slide the big chef's knife just under my fingernail. owie! BTW.... a cut using a knife with fresh garlic on it hurts even more. Don't do that.

ok then, time to look at photos

be well peeps
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X