the thursday tribe....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thursday tribe....

and good morning to you from the land of storms ,flash floods etc etc......not .Not a cloud in the sky this morning....a very similar day to yesterday nary a speck of rain ..so will get a bit more done in the garden,though to be honest,Ive done most of it..but its one of those places that you can keep messing with or leave well alone....I chose the former...went to look at an awning yesterday for the car....going to look at a different type on Sunday...crops are still in so metal detecting is a no for another couple of weeks...so in time honoured tradition...the day starts with a brew....

det.......snap!!!!!!

20160709_124259.jpg

I took this one...actually took about 6 to get this 1!! took it in Italy Florence Trevalyans garden in Taormina...yesterdays diet was a bit different ....very akin to SKs water one!!

hiya pie....well firstly in answer to your question...speedos...dans le jardin......scares cats rats n dogs and other unwanted visitors away..hasnt worked with slugs yet..sweat suit ...to turn fine Italian food into water ..

so you are having lunch wit the k9 volunteer group..hmmm and the menu consists of what??? also your post....Likely some mighty fine wine will be flowing, which of course I'm thinking about. I'll also need to drive home afterwards, which in itself is enough reason not to partake. I'll be fine. I don't drink.

now why would you be thinking about it?your last three words box it all off...heres a little exercise to do just for fun...(I need to get a life!!) see how many different ways you can say I dont drink...using a combination of tonal inflection expressionism and hand movement...sounds stupid I know...but it kind of gets intersting if that makes sense..no?ok Ill just keep takin the tablets!!

hiya SK ..how are you today then?still on the water diet today?I sometimes put ginger in it too..when did you leave Droylsden?was it before the Snipe retail park ,motorway etc was built..also the Moravian settlement there?remember this???...
    download.jpg

hiya pauly...well done on binning the drinky poos thotz....I recall in the past where you would have just gone with it ...but dem daze are well gone...its not the thoughts that count but the way you deal with them...IMO..worth nowt btw..but I think it works like this..you think about or see drink and the reaction is I fancy one or such..if your mental response is dismissive like ach dont be so daft etc then the brain kind of files it into the not important file..but if you make a big thing about it ..then the brain holds on to it for future use..trying to put it into words is difficult..nice one on the zuccini too...Ive just been out and picked one....trouble is they all land at once!!

20160721_082354.jpg

hiya Lav hows you today?hot and humid here too...plus I have just caught Jeeves in amongst the flowers in the garden..how he got in I dont know..so thats a job to be done ...thank goodness I took out all the wabbit killer plants!!so no kids today then..greenhouse up yet?heres todays brew for you ..Im going for another too...

hiya Sam how are you today then?good I hope.....still hot and humid where you are too?whens the convo with your boss?best o with that mate..

hiya ppqp..how are you this fine day?good hopefully.dont know what you mean about food and memories...Rome..lemon ice cream...Taormina ..strawberry and lemon ice cream Mount Etna ..strawberry and lemon ice cream Venice pistaccio ice cream can you see a pattern ???hows the pseudo boss doing is he still there?

right good people of no booze land ..have a wunnerful day...dont work too hard conserve your energy for tomorrow...poets day!!!

If at first you don’t succeed . . . so much for skydiving.
    -
    Henny Youngman

“Wouldn’t exercise be more fun if calories screamed while you burned them?“
    Bill Murray
    I grew up with six brothers. That’s how I learned to dance–waiting for the bathroom.

Bob Hope
    I have Alzheimer’s bulimia – first I eat everything in sight and then I forget to puke.
    Cindy from Marzahn

“EVERYBODY PANIC!”
    Will Ferell

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did – in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
    Bob Monkhouse

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
    Steven Wright

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.
    Oscar Wilde

A stockbroker urged me to buy a stock that would triple its value every year. I told him, “At my age, I don’t even buy green bananas."
    Claude Pepper

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.
    George Burns

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.
    Steve Martin

The last woman I was in was the Statue of Liberty.
    Woody Allen

Honolulu – it’s got everything. Sand for the children, sun for the wife, sharks for the wife’s mother.
    Ken Dodd

A quick word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said ”no”.
    Woody Allen

Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning “many”; and "tics" meaning “bloodsucking creatures”.
    Robin Williams

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
    Robert Bloch

A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.
    Robert Frost

“If you ever feel unattractive, just remember that you look like your ancestors and all of them got laid.”
    Bill Murray

Those are my principles, and if you don’t like them… well, I have others.
    Groucho Marx

Roses are red, violets are blue, I’m a schizophrenic and so am I.
    Bill Murray

The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected.
    Will Rogers

Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
    Edgar Bergen
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    Anonymous

“Running is the best way to remind yourself how much you love sitting.”
    Bill Murray

Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
    Benjamin Franklin
    Last edited by Mick; July 21, 2016, 03:19 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick! You are so full of energy.
    What material did you use for car awning? I have an alley down the side of my house. It's about 4 foot wide. Thinking of putting a cover on it so I can keep my bikes out of the rain.
    Would it cost much?
    Gorgeous sunny day here. Heading for a cool down swim at 12.30.
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

hiya daisy...great to see you on here...welcome any time...going to look at the awnings this weekend..dont know what the alley way looks like ,but if it was me put 4 wood supports in to the ground and fasten a sheet of plastic sheeting over it..send me a pic and I will show you what I mean..good for you still cycling...enjoy yer swim :thumbsup:
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Daisy,how nice to see you, how's the little grandbaby? Mick,that zuke is huge compared to mine,these ones are about half of the fork haha,I posted yesterday on the steppers about how on Sunday one of the girls at work is having a housewarming party and if I should go or not,I decided to give it a miss,I know she'll put pressure on me to drink and even though I'll say no,I know I'll dwell on why can't I just have a few?why can't I be normal? Then I'll start resenting being sober,it happened on the 4th of July,even though nobody was pressuring me,I felt like I was missing out and I was dwelling on that feeling for days after,even though I know it's horseshit thinking, I was still thinking ya know? I wish you guys lived closer so we could hang out instead haha,Det,sunflower is gorgeous, next year I'm planting some cuz my neighbors have them and they're taller than hubs,walked too much yesterday, my hip hurts,my arch hurts and last night my neck hurt sooo bad!!think I need to get a new pillow, or quit looking down so much,they saypeeps get "text neck" cuz the heads as heavy as a bowling ball and the muscles tense up,plus I look down at work a lot,much love to all,I hope we all have a great day
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Forgot to say Det,just reading about your cut made me feel pain,ouch,we might need to getyou some saf-T-knivesalso forgot to tell you guys that hubs quit drinking about 2 months ago cuz he's trying to get in shape, he doesn't even think about drinking at all,no cravings, no irritability, nothing! Ass!
          Last edited by paulywogg; July 21, 2016, 07:56 AM.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...pseudo boss isn't in today. He's yet again changed his "last day" date. It's now Nov 17, 2016. Going to spend time out in the garden since he's not around. LOL

Daisy...we've got a hot one here today too but no pool in sight.

Pauly...good for hubs. Some people just have things too easy! I think the decision not to go to the housewarming is the right one. Who needs to start all that stinking thinking up again.

Shout out to all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Will send you a pic tomorrow
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

seasons greetings ABerooos! ?

Mick, wabbit-killing plants? yikes. Great minds think alike on flower photos indeed. An icecream tour of Italy? oh my

Daisy, good to see you and yes a swim sounds fab today.

3 interviews so far... we'll see what happens. One outfit wants me right away but I'd have to start going to bed at 8pm because it starts so darn early. Just don't think I can reprogram myself quite that much.

Going for an overnight camp with da boyz tomorrow night which should be fun. Hope to get some pics of the milky way since it's in a remote area.

well, better dust off the camp stove.

be well everyone!
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Aww,come on Det all the cool people go to bed at 8

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

No kids today (yay) so I spent the day cleaning up the mess they left last night. Geez, glad I don't have them everyday, ha ha!

Mick, the foundation is done. Today YB ran pipes for water & wire for electricity. I have no idea when the actually building begins. No rush, just so it's done before the first snowfall, Lol. Still super stupid hot & humid with no relief in sight, sigh.

Hello to Sam, pauly, Pie, Daisy, Det, PQ & everyone.
                    I have to run out & close up tge chicken house before dark. The little one are growing like crazy & eating like pigs. I have to go pick up the 3rd 50 pound bag of feed for them tomorrow!!!

Peace to everyone!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Det- thank you for the picture....gorgeous sunflower. In my neck of the woods we called those black-eyed Susan's. Which are actually my favorite. We used to plant them every year in Ohio only to have them eaten by the bunnies almost as soon as they bloomed. Hope you find the right job that suits you. At least you are not in a rush and taking whatever is offered.

Pauly-hope your hubby's job smooths out. I really think it takes 90 days to really know.

PPQ-glad it is quiet for now. You needed a break from all that drama.

It's hot but not humid. I can deal with the 105 temps--as long as it's not humid.

Looks like I'll be moving departments in August. Can't come soon enough for me. Now with the convention going on---everyone thinks that they can throw all their political wisdom onto you. All I do is smile. Honestly the scariest part of the election is not the candidates--but the people who believe everything that is reported on the news. And some of shit people spew out---I want to ask them "are you making that up or do you really believe that?? " Some people really should not be allowed to vote.

We've watched the convention and had a great time. My oldest is really into politics and he educates me on the whole background of each party....even the ones not around anymore. It's the first time I've actually watched and entire convention from beginning to end. We watched it on c-span so we did not have to listen to commentary and we could watch it in its entirety. It's interesting to actually watch it and then have the media put some spin on it all in the name of ratings. Where did actual reporting go? Like on things that matter? I'm looking forward to watching next week.

Comment

Working...
                      X