Awesoome AF August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening friends,

It's after 10 pm but I am finally sitting, quietly & alone, ha ha!
    I had a fun but exhausting girls day today

Star, I don't blame you for holding on to that payment, geez. I hope it all works out perfectly.
    We have had SO much rain here everything is green & overgrown & I don't even want to talk about the weeds.
    I hope your friend accepts some help before it's too late. I still truly believe that treating the underlying depression first makes quitting much 'easier'. At least it was for me. I think about my brother-in-law, chronically depressed, starting & stopping treatment many times over the years. He ended up taking his life with a fairly high BAC. It didn't have to go that way but it was his choice.

Dill, it's rough on young parents with all the school expenses!
    It's a good thing I don't have kids in school anymore because I would be pitching a fit about the Clorox & hand sanitizers - those products are making us sicker not healthier
    When I first heard the term 'endocrine disruptors' my ears perked up & I took notice. I know my grandkids have that stuff on their school lists too, ugh. Good luck with the boat sale when the time comes.

Cyn, I love nature & smimals & all that nut bears - no way!!!!
    Stay safe & stay alert

Paily, I did get my hair cut today & the only kid there was my granddaughter. I just parked her on a chair with an ipad & never heard acpeep out of her, ha ha!
    I couldn't work in pediatrics because the parents were so annoying, didn't mind the sick kids. I only worked in peds when I was forced to do so.

Hi Nors!

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning...

Dill, I am excited about Indian Summers, I will have to try and find that series on Masterpiece Theater!!!! I had read Rumer Godden's books, many of which centered in India, and the Raj, but I was not clear about it. Now I am, with three books about it, the women in the Fishing Fleet who went to India to find a husband and a life. Very interesting to me. I could see where a boat would be expensive and alot of work so understand your desire to sell it and get a travel trailer to go explore. Fun. We rented a boat twice this summer, it was fun and expensive, but perfect for us, let the owners take care of the upkeep.

Lav, how lucky you are to have your granddaughter with you, we miss our grandson, his parents are busy and we just don't get to see him every week, except by Facetime on the phone!

Cyn, the bear sound scary, he must be looking for food. Hope you are finding time for yourself too.

Hi Pauly, hope you are doing well.

Have a good one.

Comment

Hello AF Friends,

Star, I am so glad that your landscaping is almost finished and that you are so pleased with the result! Have any of your neighbors made comment? It will be interesting to see if you start a movement and others decide to spruce up their yards too. I will look up Rumer Godden some time soon. He will be on my list of future reading. The only book I ever read about the Raj was Rudyard Kipling's, Kim. I loved that book and read it twice!

Lav, I totally agree with you about the hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes although I don't know what the term endocrine disruptor is but I will google. But, I bought them anyway because that was what was on the list! The list had a note at the bottom that said where ever a specific brand name was mentioned that they would prefer that be the brand purchased. Seemed like they were going a little far with that one!

Cyn, wow! That was a close call. If that bear had gotten in, what a mess that would have been! And what if it had got in and then forgot how to get out!

Pauly, how are you? I saw a lady my age yesterday with long hair and decided to let mine grow out. We'll see how long I stick with that plan! Ha! But with the cooler weather coming, I may be able to tolerate it. We shall see!

My washing machine went on the fritz on Sunday when I was in the middle of a huge pile of my laundry and my son's stuff too. I like to do the grand kids laundry. (My son is not the best when it comes to domestic chores.) So, I had to haul it over to the laundromat to get it done. It wasn't bad on a Sunday afternoon. I guess everyone else was in church! LOL! Happily, Mr. D is quite the handyman. He got a part ordered and replaced it yesterday. My machine is back in business! Yay!

Have a great AF Thursday everyone.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning friends, Dill,it'll be fun to see how long you can grow your hair out I'm a shoulder length girl too long annoys me,too short freaks me out,it rained over night and the roof leaked right over hubs' side of the bed haha!poor thing was woken up at 2:30 with rain drops on his shoulder, I shouldn't laugh but it was kinda funny, I see the list for the young ones needing all the hand sanitizer and such too,I think we're all just sick of getting sick kids are dirty, actually adults are too,the bathroom at work gets gross and I get stuck cleaning it cuz it bugs me,how can people be so slobby? Especially at a small salon where they're a regular customer? I'd be embarrassed to leave the place so nasty if I were them,pshh no shame, hello Lav,Star and Cyn I hope we all have a great day
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends,

We had a fun day with slightly improved weather so at least we could be outside a bit without melting down immediately. Tomorrow is supposed to be a touch warmer & Saturday sounds like it's going to be a mess. My granddaughter has been great, cooperative & very happy. Tomorrow the boys will be coming for lunch & a dip in the kiddie pool so the extreme craziness will return, ha ha!

Star, Facetime is awesome! EB only lives 8 miles away & he will hop on his mother's computer & call me These kids are so smart!

Dill, I could just cry when a major appliance goes down. We are attached to our machines, don't you think? Glad Mr D got it fixed asap!
            The older I get the less I can tolerate my hair so I get it cut every 5-6 weeks. Good luck with your grow out plans.

Pauly, a dirty bathroom at work = yuck. There's no reason for that, no way. As the unit manager at the hospital I used to assign people to clean up certain staff areas. I told them 'I'm not your mother'!!!! I hope your roof repair isn't too costly, oh boy!

Hello to Cyn. I sure hope there haven't been anymore bear sightings!

Peace to all tonight. Wish me luck managing the three kids tomorrow until their parents arrive to fetch them.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Lav, wishing you good luck with three kids! It will be fun I am sure. Face time is fun, especially for pictures and keeping up with friends and family. You are so lucky to live so close to your grandkids!

Dill, you are in for a treat, Rumer Godden was a wonderful female author, brought up in the Raj, so some of her books reflect that experience, both fiction and biography. She was a prolific writer, also wrote kid books that I loved, growing up, but as an adult, loved her books too. She wrote some books that have nuns in them, so being Catholic, another area of interest. Just a really good story teller. Yes, our back yard is offically completed, two neighbors have come over asking to see what was done and had nothing but nice things to say. It is so different then before with patio, privacy fence, new plants, roses, fire pit and what a great time of year to enjoy it. I am very grateful we are able to do this. Already so much enjoyment. In some ways I feel that summer is just starting for me, being outside watering in the morning and evening, being able to sit outside and enjoy. You can really tell it is August with the sounds of loud insects, I love it.

Pauly, oh no, not a leak, glad you could laugh at it, laughter always helps. The bathrooms where I work get gross too, yuck. I don't get it either. I guess some people are just slobs. Whatever happened to Mr. G? I miss his posts and wonder if he will come back.

Cyn, hope the bears are staying away. Have a great Friday.

Yay it is Friday, AF Friday, the best Fridays of all.

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Star, I didn't know that Mr. G hasn't been posting. I enjoy his posts too when I veer away from our thread. I hope he is ok. I'm glad you are enjoying August with you yard project completed. Good for you!

Pauly, I hope the leak isn't too costly. What a pain!

Lav, I don't know if I will be able to stick to my grow out plan. I too have very little patience for my hair as I get older. We'll see! You sure have been having lots of grandkid time. School starts soon and summer fun will come to a screeching halt!

Cyn, I hope all is well with you.

I have volunteering today so that should be fun. Let's all have a great af Friday!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning friends, woke up with anxiety and I don't know why could eating soy do that?gonna Google it,that shake I've been drinking has milk,soy and honey it's the only thing I've done differently lately and there's nothing on my mind hmmm,I seen Mr G about a week or two ago,I ordered a book by Terry McMillan I used to read her back in the day I just like humour and she writes good, ugh,this feeling sucks! Maybe some oatmeal with banana will help,usually does hope we all have a great day

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends,

OMG, I didn't get rid of the lastvof them until just after 10 pm, ha ha!!!
                    The youngest was sound asleep & had to be carried out to the car by YB. I don't know how my DIL is going to get him in their house & up acflight of steps to his room. She should know better, really. It was fun but I am TIRED! It would be nice if my dog could manage to sleep thru the night, ugh.

Star, congrats on the new finished outdoor space. I Hope you get many years of enjoyment in your new space

Dill, I hope your volunteer day went well.
                    My hair is so hard to handle & I don't want to waste my precious energy dealing with it anymore, ha ha. I have had it short for so long now there's no going back for me, Lol

Pauly, when I finally figured out that I was dairy intolerant I also figured out that soy caused me the same discomfort. I thought I was just being crazy until I did a little research & found out that it's fairly common to be intolerant of both. Switching to almond & cashew milk solved that issue. I like the almond milk cheese & have made some good cashew milk cheese at home - not difficult. You know I like making ice cream with canned coconut milk & whatever fruit you like. Some dark chocolate is dairy free so look for that too.

Cyn, hope you are doing well!

Peace to everyone tonight!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Well, bad news for me, I decided to drink last night and it was the same as it always is, one not enough, but more more more, how stupid of me. I am more determined then ever to be AF, it did nothing for me. I was hungry, angry, and tired. It was a choice, and a bad one, so I am back to being AF. This is how it was with smoking cigarettes, which I have totally quit for a long while; when I went back, I hated it, felt unwell, and was stronger in my resolve not to smoke. So it will be this time with alcohol, never again with today being my new day one. So, support needed please. Sorry if I have hurt any of you, it was not my intention, but the reason I am on this thread, for help and support. Thanks for being there.

Comment

Great to see you giving it another go Snoopy! This thing is damn hard to beat, but it can be beaten..
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning All,

Star, I'm so sorry! You know what you have to do. Shake it off and get back on the bus! It can happen to any one of us at any time if we let our guard down. I don't even fool myself anymore with the "it'll be just one" thinking. I know it will not be "one and done" for me but more like "one and more 'til I'm done" which usually pretty much means passed out. I can't even have alcohol in the house anymore. I'm sure it will serve as a good reminder as to why af is the way to live! If you want to share more about it, think it thru out loud, feel free to share here in any way that will help.

Pauly, have you thought any more about trying the Lexapro? I hate that you are dealing with anxiety like that. I have that feeling sometimes and I hate it! I used to take an aspirin sometimes when it happened and that seemed to help. I don't know if it was just psychological or if the aspirin really was the cure.

Lav, I hope you have a peaceful, calm day today. You have earned it!

Hello dear Cyn.

Our friend that asked for our help backed away. He didn't want any part of having any kind of assessment/detox at a facility and he told us he was sorry he ever asked and had involved us. I am wondering if we made a mistake not just saying a simple no-strings-attached "yes". But we'll never know that now. I also think when his doc told him that his liver was functioning in the low normal range that he rationalized that he was alright. I don't know and can't ask him because that area of discussion was shut down when he backed away. I would imagine he is still drinking. He was here the other day and seemed "off" but it's hard to tell with someone who has been drinking like he has for so many years.

Let's all have an AF weekend! Grand kids are due here soon and then tomorrow Mr. D and I will travel to Cleveland for a family get-together. Looking forward to that!
                          Dill

Comment

Good morning friends,

Glad to say I finally had a half decent sleep, geez.

Star, I was going to post this link for Pauly but we can all learn a little. Take care of yourself :hug:

DailyOM - Enduring Discomfort

Dill, enjoy your day today with the kids & have a safe trip tomorrow!

Hello to Cyn.

I need to spend the day catching up with myself & chores I've ignored all week.
                            Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends, I chose to drink yesterday, I was anxious from the minute I woke up and just didn't want to deal with the ugly feeling, I tried distraction, I tried eating, I just couldn't escape the feeling it was the worst I've felt in a long time so now what? I feel bad, hope everyone enjoys their day,I won't

Comment

Pauly, :hug::hug::hug: You are making huge progress. That's what counts.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X