Awesoome AF August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning...

I'm back but slept in so just time for a quick hello. The trip went well, but driving was an adventure since it poured rain both ways, but I did it! Lovely to see my family, had a great time. Have a great Monday all.

Comment

It looks like we're in for more rain! We were down 3 inches on the year a few days ago. Not any more! I've been watching the flooding down in Louisiana one the news. It is very near where my brother lives, but so far he has been ok. What a horrible event for those poor folks!

Nothing much on the calendar for today aside from a trip to the vet to pick up some meds for the dog.

Greetings Lav, Star, Pauly and Cyn. Let's all have an AF Monday, no matter what the weather!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good afternoon friends!

Welcome back Star, glad you enjoyed your trip.

Dill, just make an appointment with my daughter for your shoulder, ha ha!!
        Actually, xrays are not a bad idea BUT I would definitely ask for a referral for Physical Therapy before agreeing to see any surgeon. They love to cut, that's what they do. Sometimes things can be managed without surgery.
        We had a 1 hour fantastic lightening show last evening but never got a drop of rain. At this point we could use some rain but I don't want the floods they're getting in the south - awful.

Hello to Cyn, home yet?
        Hi there Pauly!

The thermometer in my kitchen window gets sun & is now registering 115
        Stay cool everyone!!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning...

We have had rain since Sunday, rained all day yesterday, and now again today. Still hot and muggy. We needed the rain, now my grass that was planted will grow even better!

Nothing new, just work and home. Reading some good books, busy day today. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a good one.

Comment

Morning friends, Star,glad you enjoyed your trip just a quick hello to Lav,Cyn and Dill
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good afternoon friends,

We did have a fair bit of rain last evening but it remains hot & muggy here. Getting tired of being stuck in paradise, LOL

Hello to Star, pauly, Dill & Cyn!

Tomorrow is trash day, my favorite day of the week, ha ha! This is always an opportunity to get rid of unused stuff. The older I get the more clutter gets on my nerves, oh well.
              Have a great AF day everyone.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello all, it looks like a day for quick check ins all around! I think I'm in the summer doldrums here. I'm sure this will soon pass. We're expecting a mid week visit with the grandchildren....

Anyway, have a good AF Tuesday everyone.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hello all -

Got home this morning at 2 AM after a flight delay. But the pups were happy to greet us, and I spent 1/2 the night in the office with them - HB is suffering now from a bad cold on top of everything else! I don't think that suffering through snoring when someone else is asleep is a 'duty'.

I had a prospective client to meet with today as well, and along with the heat it has all taken the starch out of me. I did read back over all that has occurred while I've been gone, and I give a big hug and thumbs up to everyone here. We are all trying, we are not quitters, we are sharing, we are giving lots of love. I am honored to be part of this group! Thanks everyone for keeping me in your thoughts.

This was a very intense experience, and I am very, very tired at the moment. But I'm sure some good sleep will cure all of that. Now just looking forward to making my favorite arugula/lentil/sundried tomato salad and sitting in the downstairs (cooler there) until I can go to bed!!

Filled with gratitude for you all - more soon -

Comment

Welcome home Cyn & I hope you have a restful night :hug:

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I don't usually post here, but I did slot of reading back! Thanks for all your positivity. I appreciate a lot, especially tonight.

Comment

Hey Liz- I was just dropping in too :welldone:
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning to all...

Cyn, so glad you are back from your big trip! There is no place like home, that is for sure. Your poor husband, to have a bad cold and travel is so grueling, hope with some TLC he gets well soon. Your plan to make a veggie dish sounds good.

Lav, cooler here, low eighties and no rain, supposedly. Love this August cool off.

Dill, sorry you are in the midst of summer doldrums, you've hinted at some recent stressors, hope they are resolved soon. Reading anything good lately? I just bought a used copy of Texas by James Michener, as I am going to a conference in Texas in the fall. Fun to read the book before I go.

Pauly, see you are going through some things, feel free to share with us. Positive energy sent your way.

Liz and Nora, welcome, how are things going for you? Stop by any time, let us know about your journeys.

Have a good one, happy hump AF day.

Comment

Morning friends, yes Star I'm going through some stuff and didn't deal with it in a great way if you get my drift I'll go into more whenthe dust settles a bit,just laying low for awhile, just want to keep in touch with all of my friends here and thank everyone around the boards hello Lav,Cyn and Dill hope today is great for us all
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Humpday everyone

Sunny, hot but a little less humid today. Ladt evening's thunderstorm knocked out the power for a few hours, as usual.

Hello Nora & Liz! Drop by anytime.

Star, please send your weather this way, ha ha!
                              I have let my outside work go, I just don't tolerate this extreme heat, ugh.

Cyn, hope you got some decent rest after such a tiring trip.
                              Sounds like your husband has a problem with chronic sinus infections. That's nasty I know. Hope he is better soon.

Dill, how are you today?
                              The summer has worn me down too. I was very aware of a mood swing when I got up this morning but I forced myself to go to Curves & stop at my son's house to feed the cat. I feel more like myself now. I think maybe that full-ish looking moon I saw last night may be affecting us.

Pauly, let's work on adjusting your plan. What can you do the next time instead of reaching out for AL? AL never ever fixes anything only delays the inevitable. We have to be brave enough to stand up for ourselves & I believe we are all brave enough. We are also stronger together :hug:

Have a great rest of the day everyone.

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi all -

Lav - thanks, I am getting caught up on rest, what a relief not to be dragging myself around. I'm so glad to hear (even though the boys got dropped off with donuts -whaaaa?) that you are not having to deal with the insanity twins this time around! Best of luck to you in the heat - I am turning a total blind eye to my weed-filled yard, the overgrowth, PI, everything! No energy, no desire to get out there in my haz-mat suit! I hope the weather turns better for you soon.

Dill - so sorry that there is dis-harmony at home. Good luck with it all.

Pauly - yep, feel free to lay low and be kind to yourself. Sending you light.

Star - thanks for sharing all. How is your yard project? Done? Do you like it? I am looking at a patch of browned-out grass and weeds that I'd like to make into a patio in the front. I have to get my business going and get some $$$!

Met with a potential client yesterday, and am going into NYC to meet with another 'real' client who is moving out of the city and up to where I am. She came to my talk, and contacted me while I was away. I'm looking forward to getting going with her. (And acutally, for some quiet train time too!).

Yes, Lav - HB has chronic sinus, and doesn't believe me that his addiction to unrefined carbs and sugar (plus a lowered immune system for other reasons) leaves him filled with inflammatory tendencies. Oh well, maybe I can find a doc who will say it, and then he will finally change his diet. Or not! I feel for the poor guy, but I also have limited patience for taking care of someone for 5 weeks who is continually sick and won't change his habits, hmmmm. Patience needed here!!

Nice to see you, Nora and Liz!

Take care all - self-care 1001 for us all, back to basics. Rest, good-for-you-food, candles, affirmations...

Comment

Working...
                                X