No announcement yet.

Awesoome AF August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning friends, Cyn,that was a really nice post,I guess I just expect too much too soon in regards to feeling better, I need to understand that I abused my body for years,it's gonna take a while to heal,as a matter of fact this last little bender showed me just how much alcohol beats us up from the inside, I feel like I fought with Mayweather internally if that makes sense, Star,that's cuteand a fun little distraction it's so hard when the kids are depressed, I try to keep it light but their moods become mine and I need to just understand that I have to realize that they have bad days too and not everything is catastrophic, surprisingly Kells anxiety went away so now I'm wondering if hers is hormonal like mine? Dill,I'm glad you're having fun with the kids but they are so exhausting!! I tell you I go to work and then come home and work harder when watching Louie, he..does..not..stop! I feel like strapping my fitbit on him,I'd probably end up with 40,000 steps in a day,Lav,I guess we'll just wait and see,she still has to see an ob/gyn but her back doctor was pretty nonchalant about the meds she's on so if everything goes smoothly Louie will be a big brother, however Kell has had a miscarriage before but I know she was misbehaving back then,her party days,grocery store here in a bit,then couch until Louie gets here,he'll be happy that Fear The Walking dead starts up tonight, I know, I know horrible program for a kid but tbh he's the one who got me started on Walking dead have a great day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello All,
      Lav, I had to smile when you talked about it not being as noisy when it is just your granddaughter. I have the opposite! She is the incessant chatterbox and has a terrible time remembering to use an 'inside voice'. She is a little live wire. My gson on the other hand is very quiet and keeps busy with quiet activity.

Cyn, what a nice post. I never knew your early journey was like that. I'm so glad you hung in there! I understand how hard it is to get back home after a long time away. There are just so many things that need attention! Plz pace yourself.

Pauly, I thought of you earlier when I saw that FearTWD is back tonight. LOL! I'm going to record it. I even watched a bunch of old ones today while I was catching up on some cleaning and laundry. I'm hooked.

Star, I can't remember if I mentioned on here that we took a trip to the zoo while the gkids were here. That was really fun! And I do have plans for the week. I'm going to go see my GF that moved an hour away. Looking forward to that!

Thank goodness for this wonderful weather! Have a peaceful AF Sunday night everyone.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening friends,

It's 8 pm & my granddaughter is parked in a bubble bath at the moment so I thought I would check in here
        She has actually been pretty noisy today Dill, ha ha!!

We had some heavy duty shower activity here around dinnertime & the temp is dropping - thank goodness! If it's cool enough tomorrow I am going to take the little one to the zoo, why not? I just can't cope with all that when it's hot & humid.

Star, I hope your week goes well for you. I also have a doc appointment Tuesday morning, just routine.

Dill, looking forward to a sunny week with lower temps but the heat is supposed to return Wednesday. Enjoy your visit with your friend!

Cyn, I sure hope you can catch up with yourself this week. Healing anything at this age just seems to take longer & require more effort. I totally get that. I hope your friend's visit is peaceful, calm & comforting.

Pauly, I can't believe you let Louie watch that show - I won't even watch it, LOL
        I just think the whole concept is disturbing & I am already disturbed enough!!!!

Wishing everyone a peaceful night & nice dreams!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good Sunday evening all -

I am happy to report that I have gotten through the day without a major energy crash, whew! I was starting to worry that I had done some permanent damage to the energy-making in my cells. I remembered to take my adrenal nutriceuticals, so I guess that helped. Very relieved tonight!

Wishing all well and happy dreams. (And a whole night's sleep!) More on our Monday....

Comment

Morning friends, Lav,I think his parents watch it and they probably thought he was too little to take notice, I have no clue, Cyn,how did they diagnose adrenal fatigue? I've wondered about that for myself, I fit a lot of those symptoms too,who knows anymore, hello Dill and Star I really hope today goes smoothly for us all

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, did you catch FTWD last night? I didn't but as I said, I recorded it. We'll watch tonight. Was it good?

Cyn, glad you made it thru the day yesterday without a major crash. I pushed myself pretty hard all day today trying to get this house clean. I usually have the cleaning lady come as you know, but she is on vacation and I just couldn't let things go any longer! I got a good bit done, but not all I had hoped. I'll finish tomorrow. I just don't seem to work as fast and furious as I used to.

Lav, it was in the 50's when I got up! Wonderful! Tonight will be the same. I know it can't last, so I'll take it and enjoy it while I have it! When the kids start back to school the weather always seems to get unbearably hot.

Hi Star!

Let's all have a peaceful and AF Monday night!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill,I watched it I don't know what to think, kept me busy for an hour anyways haha

Comment

Good evening all,

We had a beautiful day here, 66 degrees & sunny when I got up, what a change!!
                  We took the little one to the zoo this morning then out to a local eatery for dinner tonight. Her parents return sometime tomorrow so she will be going home. The boys will also be here all day tomorrow so it's going to be busy. The best part is I have to run out for an appointment so YB will be watching all of them for a few hours, ha ha!

Cyn, glad you didn't bottom out yesterday
                  Take good care of yourself.

Pauly, I'll let the kids watch Sprout for a while before bedtime but nothing violent. I can't stand violence on TV myself. I do like the Goodnight show on Sprout

Dill, I can no longer keep up with inside chores let alone outside stuff. Things are not looking fabulous around here but I try not to focus on that stuff. Good that you have some help once in a while. Enjoy the coolness shile it lasts, I know the heat with retun with a vengeance.

Hello to Star!

Have a peaceful night everyone.

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning...

I am really struggling and I am scared. Drank to blackout Sunday night, had to call off, bruises, hurt my neck and back, I feel embarrassed, ashamed, guilty, anxious. This is really and truly my last time, I am ruining my life, I have to make changes. Sorry to be such a bummer, but there is no point in not being honest. I cannot ever ever drink again, this is so frightening, I don't even know what to say, except I have to just get through one day at a time. I may start going to AA, I just have to get through work today, and keep focusing on being sober forever.

Should I go to the newbies nest? I feel it is not fair to you guys if I stay here. Let me know, I will be low key, this took me by surprise, which says alot right there. But, as I said to Pauly not to long ago, opening that door is a disaster. Today, I will be AF, and work on a revised plan.
                    Humbly, Star.

Comment

Star, :hug: Do not feel embarrassed or ashamed here no matter what! Not one of us judge you nor do we want to do anything other than to support you! I have often thought that altho we are in this together because we share a common journey, we are still responsible only to ourselves. So, if you do happen to slip, it does not give me permission to slip. If I go off the rails, it does not give you permission to go off the rails. We each are responsible for our own actions. Don't EVER think you should stop posting here! Post over in the newbies nest if it will be helpful to you, but do it in addition to here, please. Don't let your misstep become OUR loss. We value you here every bit as much today as we did yesterday and the day before. I feel for you, dear one. I know exactly how you are feeling.
                      Dill

Comment

Pauly, I just noticed I missed the two posts yesterday afternoon/evening by you and Lav. I watched FTWD and was not impressed. I hope it is a build up to better things. I actually looked at the clock a couple times while watching. I even wanted to fast forward thru some of the walking scenes! What you said about it keeping you busy for an hour...well that's why I watch so much at night. I still like to keep my mind occupied to keep the demons away.

Lav, Ha! I love it when the Grandpa's have to take over! I think it gives them an appreciation for what we do, altho I don't think they will ever admit it!

Hey Cyn, hope you're feeling energized today!
                        Dill

Comment

Morning friends, Star big((hug)) exactly what we said the other day about opening that damn door and letting that creep in,it's so hard to get him out again, I think Kuyas post makes a lot of sense,it's just gonna take some time, don't you dare quit posting here!! You guys haven't turned your backs on me yet and I'll be damned that I'll ever turn my back on any of you! I know I can't drink again,this last withdrawal has lasted over a week usually it only takes a few days and I'll admit that I have been preoccupied with drinking thoughts??!!? I know it's just gonna take some time to get my head clear,just really sucks cuz now my sleep schedule is messed up AGAIN and it's really hard to think straight when you're exhausted but again I know it'll settle down, maybe it would help if we both check in during the evening? I'm usually always around here browsing but usually there's nobody around so I don't post anything, just read a lot even though after 4 years I feel like I've read every thread already haha,anything that we can do to help just name it

Comment

Hello to Lav, Dill and Cyn I hope today goes smoothly for us all

Comment

Dill,I was kinda baffled by the episode, I kept thinking it was gonna get started then all of a sudden it was over! Meh,at least Nick's cute(except his hair yuck)

Comment

Star,I pm'd you,hope you get it I'm horrible at that

Comment

Working...
                                X