No announcement yet.

Awesoome AF August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning friends, Cyn,what a beautiful post, I haven't been watching the sunrise lately, I did when it was coming up earlier but now I'm usually fixing my hair and face at that time haha,I guess it's the little things to be grateful for, I do have a gratitude journal but I haven't written in it in a while cuz I was just thinking too hard about what to be grateful for let's see
    1. I'm grateful my family is healthy
    2.I'm grateful that I have a job with hours that work great for me
    3.I'm grateful for coffee
    Of course there's more but that's three for today Star,we are in this together and I'm feeling the same as you,al just has no room in my life! I like being fully present and taking care of business, there's always that saying" my worst day sober is better than my best day drinking" or something like that but it's true, Dill, Mr.P(I like that) only started drinking cuz I did,same thing, we got drunk together on a new years eve 2004 and both of us just escalated into al madness, he drank pretty heavy while unemployed for a few years but got it together earlier than me,just started drinking occasionally,I on the other hand was basically drunk daily for 5 years straight, I'm actually surprised that we're still married cuz I did some very unforgivable things during that time and yea I did spend a night in jail for a domestic violence charge that was later dropped, I was just so...out..of..control! Now Mr.P rarely drinks cuz he's trying to get in shape, he's lucky cuz he just stopped, no mental obsession, no physical cravings, nothing, maybe cuz I used al for self medicating,stress relief and he just used it for socializing who knows? Jeez,I've rambled haha,I do think it's great to talk it out amongst us though, that's what we're here for right, I mean it does get tiresome talking about al,especially if you've been sober for a long time but my last binge scared me,I don't like feeling powerless, anyhoo,off to start my day,hello Lav,I hope we all have a wonderful Wednesday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends!

My short road trip is done, I'm back home & my girls are on their way home too. We had a lot of fun, perfect weather, good food, good memories
      We are actually talking about trying to do a weekend in September - we shall see!

Pauly, has Kell ever had a physical therapy evaluation? A good PT may be able to do some hands on work to stabilize her discs & show her exercises for pain management. Sometimes all it takes is a few visits.
      I'm glad to hear that you are happily moving forward with your AF plan

Dill, I am profoundly jealous that you can actually get your spouse into a movie theater, ha ha! It's been decades since I've been to see a movie, sad but true.
      I'm sorry that your family dynamic is changing but please try to keep the faith that everything is going to be OK.
      We all tend to worry about stuff that just never happens & we really don't have any control over these things, do we? These are the times we really have to pull out the gratitude stick & get to business, right? :hug:

Cyn, I can't believe you are still tracking that dog. Maybe he will just change his mind & come back to your door on his own - you never know!

Star, I am glad to hear you are feeling more like yourself.
      Keep that door slammed on AL no matter what comes up in the future. AL never ever makes any situation better.
      I can't believe some of the BS I have dealt with since my quit. I made a solemn vow to myself to never drink again & I haven't so I know you can do it too!! It's our decision & it's the right one for all of us

We have some thunder & lightning moving in tonight so maybe the air will clear a bit. Tired of this summer's heat.

Peace to all tonight!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
      X