saturday gang...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saturday gang...

morn all how are we today then as we go into the weekend ...well most of us..hope its going good for you too tt..I posted yesterday afternoon, but it seems to have gone west....Julie got bloods taken for thyroid ,kidney anaemia and diabetes ..she is at the docs on thursday...fingers crossed...now its her turn to moan at me...not been for my stroke tests...

anyways a good brew will sort it out...detecting tomorrow...down in Leicester....a 4 am start......aaargh..thats because it is all country roads..and its me driving so wont be sleeping on the journey....maybe!!!

Det thanks for the pics ...they look really good..you certainly have got the nack for that..wouldnt mind a go in a balloon..last time I was in one was when I had not long joined the army..and was going to join the airborne armoured division..after all the training etc,the first jump ever was from a balloon...I recall being asked if I would like to jump out...I declined,and was told never mind..not quite the same language..think the one sided conversation was in swearology and flemish ..anyways long story short ..never joined the airborne ..just the armoured..hope you are ok mate..

ppqp...wow again a brill pic ..those toms look really good..Ive seen some similar I think ..Russian ones...but keep the pics coming they are ace...

hiya lav..hows you then ...you got a kfzee? kid free zone this weekend?I sure do remember pounds and ounces and pounds shillings and pence....I am one of those that still converts it back in my head...16oz 1lb 14lbs 1 stone 8 stones 1 cwt 20cwt 1 ton ..have a great weekend

hiya tt...I replied to you yesterday aft ..but it is bimbling about in the ether.....hope all is well..if they start taxing the jollidays..I will just go farther afield...plus still got my wee van conversion to try out yet..

hiya pie ..hows life treating you ...jotting about in your souped up wheels?good luck on the painting..that is my pet hate..Im banned from painting....making a little table out of some bits of cladding I had ..for the noo printer to sit on..you have a great weekend

hiya pauly ...hows you gthen?all good...love the Clampets kool box!also doubles as a flower pot,toilet,storage jar,drinking glass......as for crowns...ha Ive got one that just comes out for fun!its out more times than the sun!hope you are having a good weekend?

Sam the man hows you ?all ok ..yep it happened on the plane just as we were coming into land in London....hopefully will find out this week what it is...what are you up to any gigging ?

hiya Nora c sk ..you both well?

right folks offski..have a good one...

The Mirror
    A brunette, redhead and blonde went to a fitness spa for some fun and relaxation.
    After a stimulating healthy lunch, all three decided to visit the ladies room and found a strange-looking woman sitting at the entrance who said, "Welcome to the ladies room. Be sure to check out our newest feature: a mirror which, if you look into it and say something truthful, you will be awarded with a wish.
    But, be warned, for if you say something false, you will be sucked into the mirror to live in a void of nothingness for all eternity!"
    The three women quickly entered and upon finding the mirror, the brunette said, "I think I'm the most beautiful of us three" and in an instant she was surrounded by a pile of money.
    The redhead stepped up and said "I think I'm the most talented of us three" and she suddenly found the keys to a brand new Lexus in her hands.
    Excited over the possibility of having a wish come true, the blonde looked into the mirror and said, "I think..." and was promptly sucked into the mirror.

"It's times like these I wish we lived abroad." I said to my wife staring out of the front window.
    "Yeah, the weathers SHIT isn't it?" She replied.
    "Not the weather," I said. "Your mother's coming up the fcking drive!"

Ruthie from Wexford the small town gossip and self-appointed monitor of church morals, was always one to stick her nose into other people's business. Most members of the congregation did not approve of her intrusions, but she was feared, so all maintained their silence.
    She took that fatal step too far one day, when she accused Paddy, a new member, of being an alcoholic after she saw his old pickup parked in front of the small town's only bar all afternoon. She emphatically told Paddy (in front of several others) that EVERYONE SEEING THAT PICKUP THERE WOULD KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING!
    Paddy, a man of few words, stared at her for a moment then just turned and walked away. He didn't explain, defend, or deny. He said nothing.
    Later that evening, Paddy quietly parked his pickup in front of Ruthie's house from Wexford , walked home ....and left it there all night!

GLASGOW HOSPITAL REPORTS
    glad it's Glasgow!
    It’s frightening to think we place our health in the hands of medical staff who write garbage like this!
    GLASGOW HOSPITAL REPORTS
    These are sentences exactly as typed by medical secretaries in National Health Service Greater Glasgow. Have a good laugh.....
    1. The patient has no previous history of suicide.
    2. Patient has left her white blood cells at another hospital.
    3. Patient's medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.
    4. She has no rigours or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.
    5. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.
    6. On the second day the knee was better and on the third day it disappeared.
    7. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.
    8. The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.
    9. Discharge status:- Alive, but without my permission.
    10. Healthy, appearing decrepit, 69-year old male, mentally alert, but forgetful.
    11. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
    12. She is numb from her toes down.
    13. While in ER, she was examined, x-rated and sent home.
    14. The skin was moist and dry.
    15. Occasional constant infrequent headaches.
    16. Patient was alert and unresponsive.
    17. Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.
    18. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life until she got a divorce.
    19. I saw your patient today, who is still under our care for physical therapy.
    20. Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.
    21. Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.
    22. The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.
    23. Skin: somewhat pale, but present.
    24. The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.
    25. Large brown stool ambulating in the hall.
    26. Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.
    27. When she fainted, her eyes rolled around the room.
    28. The patient was in his usual state of good health until his airplane ran out of fuel and crashed.
    29. Between you and me, we ought to be able to get this lady pregnant.
    30. She slipped on the ice and apparently her legs went in separate directions in early December.
    31. Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Smith, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.
    32. The patient was to have a bowel resection. However, he took a job as a stock broker instead.
    33. By the time he was admitted, his rapid heart had stopped, and he was feeling better.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mickster and all to come. Hope Mrs Ms results come back ok. I recently had bloods like that done. They were ok I reckon symptoms I experienced were down to known causes tho!

Comment

Those hospital notes made me roar!

Comment

Mae everybody, circus sized? Haha,Mick,hope Julie's blood tests come back ok,my makeshift cooler was cuz I wanted my soda to stay cold while getting my blood work done, all of our coolers are too big for that it worked I'm so upset about Kell, her doc called yesterday and told her she caught toxoplasmosis,it's not a huge health threat for her at all but she's 11 weeks pregnant and if the baby gets it, its pretty bad,miscarriage, stillbirth, eye damage, brain damage,etc,I'm really trying to think positive but my stomach is a butterfly garden right now feel like crying she'll go next week so they can check the baby, I wanna know now!!! She has started antibiotics so hopefully, hopefully, I always worry, drink myself into a hole and then everything turns out fine so I'm just taking it easy and keeping my lips zipped,Fuck alcohol, it's not gonna help me anyway I just hate dealing with stuff, much love to all
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya starty ...missed you earlier ..how goes it?all well in your world?

pauly keep faith x
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi Mick and Pauly!

Pauly, it has been caught early, I will send lots of good thoughts that all is well. In the meantime stay positive

All very good here thanks Mick Zero cravings so far. I imagine further down the line they may resurface however by that time I will be stronger about the whole thing and more able to deal with them

Comment

Pauly it's important that you stay clear headed at thus time. I know how hard it us to wait for results for such a huge matter as this.
              Mick also hope Julie's results are not severe. I am due for a flurry of tests soon but not worried. It's the working world that causes my angst this year.

Comment

Happy Saturday ABeroooskies!

Thanks for the heave into action Mick and happy detecting. see if you can find me a live landmine for the collection

Oh my, health drama is upon our members. Mick and Pauly my heart out to you both and hope your dear ones
                are given a clean bill of health right away.

in the meantime... another bloooon from yesterday:

The event yesterday was so fun. I got there early so it was quite dark and surreal. The balloons were just on the ground like tarps. When they began to inflate them i realized I'd need to get WAY back. One balloon pilot told me they are 7-stories high or higher. Really felt like I was in a Dr Zeuss story come to life. Such gigantic things and so eerily silent, which is why I darn near got run over by one when fearlessly photographing. The announcer was playing games with the balloon pilots over the sound system. For example they played the song 'dueling banjos' and half the balloons would flicker their burners during the guitar parts, and the other half for the banjo parts. it was really cute and fun.

look out, here's another

anyhoo I'm fighting being bummed out as i've learned I did not get the last 2 jobs I've applied for. our nation's economical strength/stability has gone from bad to totally crap and I'm feeling it bigtime. Not sure what I'm going to do. ack!

At any rate as Pauly observed F*ck AL as an option. Chins up, cinch the belt and forward ho.

be well everyone
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Checking in just before bedtime.
                  I did not exactly have a spectacular day, oh well. It was all fine until my DIL lost her damn mind & ripped my head off over absolutely nothing. I don't appreciate being screamed at in my driveway after I've picked up her kids, watched them, fed them & her. I would say she had a major mood swing at my expense. She left mad & now I'm just sitting here trying to lower my blood pressure so I can sleep - geez.

Hello to Mick & everyone!
                  Pauly, I'll keep you & yours in my thoughts.
                  Det - great pics!!! Keep thinking positive things about the job front, please.

Sorry, that's all I can do tonight, Tomorrow is another day.
                  Peace to everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

0436...out the door I go....have a great day all..Lav ..hope peace reigns once more....Pauly ..know its easy to say but try not worry....big hugz to all..

Comment

Morning Mick, you early riser you. Thanks for thinking of us as you head out on a treasure hunt. Not sure what today will bring, but I've showed up, so that's a start.

Sunday greetings to all.

Comment

Mae everybody, I guess we just use this thread today I kinda want to skip Sept 11 anyways was watching the news and it just makes me sad again, that was an absolute life changing event for me even though I didn't personally lose anybody, I felt grief for the victims and their families, I felt attacked,scared,like the world was ending, etc,so let's just pretend it's still Saturday,Mick,I'm trying to just stay positive not awfulizing like I tend to do,I posted on the other thread that drinking is dumb,drink,hate it,then just hafta stop again and go through withdrawal, meh I'll pass,was reading about how Asians are missing some enzyme that can't process alcohol and was thinking cuz I'm Native American if there's any connection between the two races,I turn red when I drink, my heart races immediately, I just drank past that haha but I do wonder if there's a something that made me different, who knows who cares anyways, hope Julie feels better today Lav,I ranted on our other thread about your DIL unacceptable behavior Pie,all I really have planned is grocery shopping, bleh hate it,but Brady and Loublue are both sick so we probably will just stay home today, Det,I absolutely love the balloon pics,sorry about your not getting the jobs,you can always move to Vegas we're ALWAYS hiringI'm just kidding this place sucks, off to find food,much love and I hope we all have a wonderful AF Sunday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I want unlimited smilies dammit!!

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers,

No peace in Lav-land yet & I am not going to hold my breath either.
                            My DIL sent me a real nastygram via email overnight. It was not wonderful waking up to that BS

Mick, hope your day went well!

Hi there Pie & Pauly!

Wishing everyone the best AF Sunday possible.

Lav
                            Remembering the events of September 11, 2001
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

heya Sunday ABerooos!

I'm confused, threads are blended, realities warped. Did Mick find any treasures?

Pauly, part native American here and i wonder the same. I know there are various genetic susceptibilities to booze that complicate things. All i know is that I'm a really crummy party animal. And here's an extra smily for ya!

Lav, sorry to hear bout remote BS yer dealing with. young people just think they know everything and ...there you go.
                              I'm keeping my chin up and very active on the job search. now I'm just really torn as to what I want to be when I grow up.
                              hmmmmm...

that seems to be all my brain can come up with at the moment. Feel kind of fried.

be well loves
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X