5am Sonntag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5am Sonntag

mornin all..just on the way out..of the door that is..how are we all today..how are you feeling Pauly?few familiar faces back glad to see all is well..so have a good day everyone...

Bob was sitting on the plane waiting to fly to Chicago when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy was an emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking, moaning in fear. "What's the matter?" Bob asked.
    "I've been transferred to Chicago. I've heard the people are crazy there. They've a lot of shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, poor public schools, and the highest crime rate in the nation."
    Bob replied, "I've lived in Chicago all my life. It's not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, and enroll your kids in a nice private school. It's as safe a place as anywhere in the world."
    The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, "Oh, thank you. I've been worried to death. But if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"
    "I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck."

The old man said, 'There is no way you can guess my age!'
    One of the Grandmas said, 'Sure we can! Just drop your pants and under shorts and we can tell your exact age.'
    Embarrassed, but anxious to prove they couldn't do it, he dropped his drawers.
    The Grandmas asked him to first turn around a couple of times and then jump up and down several times.
    Determined to prove them wrong, he did it.
    Then they all said in unison, 'You're 87-years-old!'
    Standing with his pants down around his ankles, the old gent asked, 'How in the world did you guess my age?'
    Slapping their knees, high-fiving and grinning from ear to ear, the three old ladies happily crowed....
    'We were at your birthday party yesterday !

As a stranger entered a little country store, he noticed a sign warning, "Danger! Beware of dog!" posted on the glass door. Inside, he noticed a harmless old hound dog asleep on the floor beside the cash register.
    "Is that the dog folks are supposed to beware of?" he asked the owner.
    "Yep, that's him," came the reply.
    The stranger couldn't help but be amused. "That certainly doesn't look like a dangerous dog to me. Why in the world would you post that sign?"
    "Because," the owner explained, "Before I posted that sign, people kept tripping over him!"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good Morning, Mick, TT, Pauly, PQ, Lav, Det, Sam, and all. Lately, I struggle with what to post online. It's the same with email, facebook, etc. Just in a non-communicative mode, maybe. Thinking of you all though.

Comment

Mae everybody, I think we all go through that Pie,just not much to say sometimes, Det,I'm excited for the new job I talked to the cherubs yesterday and I guess a lot of the tension is cuz of another coworker who I never work with is causing them a lot of stress, coming in late, coming in buzzed and having blow outs with the other girls, I guess that would make me irritated too,we had called the boss months ago but all he did was have a talk with her but seems she knows she can get away with it now so it's gotten worse, meh,I'll just stay in my own little corner and avoid them all haha,off to Boulder city later for art in the park much love to all and I hope we all have a wonderful AF Sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

a good morning all
        thanks for the brew and the ha's Mick. Got a good chuckle, good way to start a day.

Pi, don't believe you are alone in that department. I go through that periodically. I reckon the important thing is that we're staying sober, after all, here that's what is all about, not posting. When I first came here I saw what I perceived to be a few old timers still posting rather infrequently, then not at all, but it didn't mean they were trashed or anything, just seemed to move on. Then some come back. (The site upgrade I think lost a few too.) Yet when folks don't post, the concern is there of whether one is doing ok. Of course, we really don't know each other, but there is a certain bond I feel to all here. If I don't have much to say, I'm still looking in to see how folks are doing. I've been doing a fair amount reading and listening to "quieting the mind" because of the media chatter that is all around and for me, the computer is the worst, especially in this political year.

Pauly, I think of you and the situations that you face, hoping all work out for the best.

The to do list is long and endless today soooooooo......
        be well good friends
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I feel bonded to you all too Sam,I don't think it's that uncommon to have friendships grow from online sources, look at all the romances that started with the internet haha,my dad's girlfriend lives in Ireland and they only see each other in real life twice a year...the perfect romance for him,I have a headache this morning but I'm trying really hard not to take Advil,maybe I can stretch it out
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good dvening Abbers,

Well, the sun made an appearance just about an hour before sunset, ha ha! Grateful for whateverwe get these days

Mick, don't go to any birthday parties buddy or you may end up in the same fix as that guy, Lol
            I hope your day went well.

Pie, stop in say hello & just don't worry yourself. As long as you are OK then we are just fine :hug:

Pauly, that was a great pic of you & Louie today having fun. Keep the smiles & positivity going,it's good for you

Sam, haywagons, haywagins everywhere, goodness!!!!
            I imagine you are busy doing all that stuff too. Hope your day was a good one.

Det, get a good night's sleep, shine your shoes & present yourself in the best possible way at your new job in the morning. Wishingyou the best!!

I'm working on some crafty stuff for a Nov 1 craft show at the Curves club. I sell a goid bit of stuff every year but I also buy a good nit of stuff from tge other crafters. Fun!!

Wishing everyone a peaceful night.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Sunday ABerooos!

Mick, thanks once again for a jovial start to this fine day.

amazingly... it's raining here for the first time in ages. yay.

Well, good reminder this morning why I don't go to church. it just doesn't resonate well with me. it was pleasant though.

Pie, great to see you no matter how brief

Pauly, how was the art display? sounds like fun. I used to pop into the market in Henderson i think it is. Local produce, crafts etc.

Lav, what kind of crafting do you do for the curves shindig?

Sam, ditto all that... I can relate.

yep, going to bed early and ready for day 1 of new job

be well everyone
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X