wednzdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wednzdi

mornin all ..this is Qreal quickie ..Ive gotta be at the dentist for 10!got an emergency appt..then once that lot is done my friend is coming down we are going to put a new window in the garage ..the whole ish not just glass but frame the lot...

ppqp..you get yourself better ...seriously take it easy...you wanna pm?

sk yep you are right re battles and detecting...but apart from "modern battles"ie world war etc...pre planned ones,you tend to find stuff not on a battle site but away from it..people hid their worldly goods before going into battle to collect afterwards

Lav hope your daughter is ok..big brew...sounds like a pretty bad break..as for son...methinks I would be on the phone ...giving it loads ..but I reckon thats not the right way

Det ..yep I was a panzer grenadier or a tanker as you call them...there were when I joined 16 armoured regiments,but out of that only 4 tank regiments 1 Liverpool,2 south and London 3 south east England 4 Scotland..guess which I was?we also wore black uniforms...and were called mib!!like so...

14563412_543847609148109_7222845899062170156_n.jpg

hiya pauly ..hope you are ok ..that was a brill fb pic of you n Louie

tt evening to you ..any nooze?

right peeps gotta shoot ..back later have a good one
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Oh dear, the man is off to the dentists again. Good luck.
    I went to the GP today - just a check-up and a talk about my sleeping deprivation. My bloods are good -well everything except lipids - but those are not dreadful. She wanted to prescribe me sleeping tabs on a rationed basis - quite heavy duty ones - but I refused because I have abused sleeping tabs in the past and I also know that if I get into the habit of using them and if I run out, it would be opening up the floodgates to turning to AL as a sleeping aid. I dont know if she really got my point about addiction and how becoming dependent on a sleeping/anti-anxiety medication can easily slip into cross-dependency. Thats my view anyway. So I am going to try melatonin and keep on with the magnesium supplements (that I think do bugger all). My sleep issues and anxiety are because of other factors and these are issues that come up every single day.
    You did not sound good PQ - PM me too if you would like to chat. I was dealing with weepy people today and although my shoulders are not physically big - there is plenty of room.
    OK - I am off to watch some more of Deadwood. Det - have you seen it? Its set in Dakota, 1870s. Really fascinating.
    You all take care and sorry i haven't named everyone - but the names are there in my brain somewhere!

Comment

good morning all
      a quick hello, running a bit late. Suddenly it just seems to be dark a lot longer and makes me sleep. TT, reading your post about not sleeping, any meditation in your routine? Melatonin works for me at times, though sometimes I dream some weird stuff, or maybe I'm in sleep mode enough that allows it to happen. Mick, emergency toof visit?? Dang!
      PQ, thinking of you...
      Lav, what you growing for the chicks this time of year?
      be well good friends
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

back from the dentist fixed and sorted...back again on monday....wow where is everyone??????

Joseph and Mary lived in a barn. Mary had just given birth to a baby boy, Joseph was a carpenter by trade but had no work.
        On this particular day, after another unsuccessful day at the job centre, Joseph trudges back to the barn on his donkey. He then notices three men on camels carrying parcels and they take them into the barn.
        Joseph gets off his donkey, storms into the barn and shouts, "For fck's sake, Mary; we've just had a baby, I'm unemployed and you are ordering stuff out of the fecking catalogue."

The first-time flier was very nervous as he buckled his seat belt before takeoff. He turned to the woman in the next seat and asked, "About how often do jetliners like this crash?"
        She thought a moment and replied, "Usually, just once."

My mate said "You look a bit miserable mate, everything alright?"
        "Just been to see my dad in hospital" I told him
        "Aww, hope he's ok, whats wrong with him?" he asked
        "Our Sky went down, so he decided to get on the roof & fix it, sadly he slipped & broke his collarbone, both arms & his leg" I told him.
        "Wow. I don't wanna sound out of order, but it sounds like he's been a bit foolish if I'm being honest" he said.
        "You're telling me" I told him "We're on Virgin cable & don't even have a satellite dish"

These were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials, who obviously have a great sense of humour (not to mention a low tolerance threshold for cretins!)
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        Q: Does it ever get windy in Australia? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? (UK).
        A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.
        Q: Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? (USA)
        A: Depends how much you've been drinking.
        Q: I want to walk from Perth to Sydney - can I follow the railroad tracks? (Sweden)
        A: Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.
        Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Australia? Can you send me a list of them in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville and Hervey Bay? (UK)
        A: What did your last slave die of?
        Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia?
        (USA)
        A: A-Fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe.
        Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not ... Oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.
        Q: Which direction is North in Australia? (USA)
        A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.
        Q: Can I bring cutlery into Australia? (UK )
        A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do...
        Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA)
        A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is….Oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Kings Cross, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.
        Q: Can I wear high heels in Australia? (UK)
        A: You are a British politician, right?
        Q: Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round? (Germany)
        A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers. Milk is illegal.
        Q: Please send a list of all doctors in Australia who can Dispense rattlesnake serum. (USA)
        A: Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from. All Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.
        Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Australia, but I forget its name. It's a kind of bear and lives in trees. (USA)
        A: It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.
        Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in Australia? (USA)
        A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.
        Q: Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia? (France)
        A: Only at Christmas.
        Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA)
        A: Yes, but you'll have to learn it first

14670832_1265459156829645_3126014955891700001_n.jpg
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE, Det, I would get they are red-tails also. You can't see much red. but it may be the angle.

Mick, I'll bet you'll be glad when the dental work is all over. I will be going to a dentist near the Arizona/Mexico border, who is highly acclaimed for some permanent replacements. It will be all done in a week. I heard about this place when I was in Canada and is very popular with Canadians and Americans.

I am willing to try and reduce my sugar intake as it's not good for Chron's disease. I've done a pretty good job. However, my diet now is sprouted bread and water (lol).
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hi All, after a couple of cool days, summer has returned here with record-high temps and humidity. Good weather to stay indoors and read through these 6 real estate textbooks that make up the course I'm taking. Pet care has picked up, which it usually does now through the end of the year.

Glad you're back from the dentist, Mick. PQ, what's up with you? Will have to read back.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...sorry to hear you had an emergency dentist trip today. Did you get the window/frame in the garage door. Thanks for the PM offer and I'll reach out if I need too. I'm feeling much better. I think the heavy duty antibiotics, she had me start with a double dose, helped a lot. Held off on the steroids till this morning as they can effect your sleep. And I did manage to get about 5 hours sleep which helped a lot.

TT...as well thanks for the PM offer, I'll keep that in mind. I have been prescribed sleeping pills in the past and quite frankly they did nothing for me. Probably because of the AL abuse they're a low dose and too scared to abuse them. Course didn't think nothing of taken 4 or 5 over the counter sleep aides.

Sam...I think our bodies want to go into hibernation mode at this time of year. Pretty soon it'll be dark after work as well. My BIL had the same reaction to Melatonin with wild dreams when he tried one of mine. I haven't used it for quite some time now.

SK...let us know how the dentist goes. I've heard both good and bad stories about them.

Pi...looks like you've got your fall/winter project sorted. Good luck with the real estate course. It's the same old, Ex sold the house, kept the money and bought another place nearby. Said he'd put my name on title and I can have it all when he dies. What an ass. I found out he also bought a shop. My son is just getting the title searches done and I'm going to slap another caveat on them. It might be stretching the Alberta Land Titles Act but I'm willing to chance it just to piss him off.

Pauly...thanks for the support. Isn't it great to have this place!

Lav...thanks, I may just take you up on that. Wonder if you could do it in cyber space. I'll upload a picture and you can let him have it. LOL

Det...thanks for the hugs. You've reminded me that I've been out of my vitamins for awhile. Bet it's all related.

Off to figure out what's for dinner, I really do need to start eating healthier. Hope we all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP
              Last edited by porqoui; October 12, 2016, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Bedtime greetings Abbers,

'Twas another long day in Lav-land but everything is good!
                Daughter had her surgery & was home resting by dinnertime & texting me
                Granddaughter is happy & spending a second night here with me even though it means she will miss Kindergarten tomorrow. I think the education gods will forgive us, ha ha. I just thought my daughter could use the rest.

Mick, I have enough work on my plate right now & dealing with my daughter's injury - my son & this nonsense will wait. To be perfectly honest the ball is in his court now as far as we are concerned. Sometimes he's just damn clueless I think.
                Your relationship with your dentist must be a strong one by now!!!! Good luck with the window replacement. We have done them in all of our old houses, expensive.

TT, sorry about the sleep issues. I use an OTC called Alteril & it works fairly well. I wouldn't want Rx sleeping pills either. I hope you can find something effective!
                Sleep is vital to my sanity.

Sam, we had packages of heirloom seeds leftover from a Christmas gift last year. There's trays of flax & some sort of wheat & something else growing for the chickens - lucky birds.

SK, good luck with your dental plans too.
                I have a friend with Crohn's & she is on Humira & doing well. I know it's expensive but effective. Life is too short to live on sprouted bread & water.

PQ, glad you are doing better today!
                Geez, now I really want to drive north & kick someone's a$$!!!!

Det, we have those hawks here & they help themselves to one of my chickens every once in a while
                Glad you are doing well!

Pie, study, study, study!!! Woo hoo, you are gonna be a real estate star

Peace to everyone tonight!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

even later greetings ABerooos!

tired, so short post for garlic breath.

Mick, emergency and dentist in one sentence sounds dreadful. Glad yer back and ok.

for sleep I've heard raves about this from people I know and trust: Sleep Cocktail FAQ’s
                  Shop | Doc Parsley’s Sleep Remedy

Lav, so glad the surgery went well... one less drama you can mark off

speaking of sleep. zzzzzzzzzz

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X