sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday

morn all ...how are you?just a qwik jump in ..orf to York area tecting..yestrday what a beklter of a day..the wwashing m/c that I fixed...yep didnt leak pump fixed..then the drum split ...floded the garage ...so off Julie goes buys a new one...they want £20 to deliver ,50 to take the old one and 50 to plumb it in ...by the time she had got home ,I had smashed the old one up ..and taken it to the dump..Ill collect it Monday..its 3 miles from me and plumb it in..rip off...

weather doesnt look so good but we shall see ..sk are Im off to is called Easingwold...wold being Saxon ..there have been Saxon medieval and Roman settlements there ...also was a Roman marching camp in the area ..a vexillation ..when the Romans landed they established an hq at Lindum ..(Lincoln) and then marched the Legio IX Hispania ..the 9th legion...up to Eboracum ..York the 9th legion went missing...True story of ‘lost’ Ninth Roman legion (From York Press)

your day def wasnt wasted .........

tt ice cream?

yep me too....

20161021_201106.jpg

pair of ducks in the field yesterday...

20161022_104156.jpg

hiya lav,pie pauly sam everyone gotta go ,but have a brew from moi....

IJsvogels.nl - Timeline | Facebook
    Last edited by Mick; October 23, 2016, 01:02 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Vexillation got me to googling, Mick. Now I know what it means. So yesterday while out trash picking, I ran into a bag lady collecting aluminum cans. We worked opposite sides of the road for a time, then I walked over to give her the cans from my own stash. She said she was nearly at the capacity of what she could carry, so I offered to give her a lift home. "Oh, no ride," she said, "I try to get in 8 miles a day. It takes effort if you're going to stay in good health." A most surprising encounter! Thinking back, she may have taken me for a bag lady too; I wasn't exactly wearing mascara!

Comment

Mae everybody, Pie,that's pretty cool she gets the 8 miles,I often see homeless people and wonder what is up,are they addicted,like being free,mentally gone,just have nowhere to go, etc just gets me thinking, I'm also glad that the Mexican lady in my neighborhood doesn't make a beeline to my house anymore to gather up a million empty tall cans on trash day!! I used to get so embarrassed, I'm sure their income took a hit haha,Mick,good luck out today so much I wanted to comment on but I'd have to close out,read yesterday's thread again and come back so I will just say I'm grateful for my friends here and I wish you all a marvelous AF Sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...there's just no end to what you can do. Hope you find some gems today.

Pi...did I miss something? Why were you out trash picking?

Pauly...I often wonder how people end up homeless too and my first thought is addiction. But truly it can be for any reason and I'm grateful I still have a job that pays the rent and family and friends that would be there for me if needed. I know lots of people who are not so fortunate. And now for the positive in your post...I'm also glad that the Mexican lady in my neighborhood doesn't make a beeline to my house anymore to gather up a million empty tall cans on trash day!! LOL You've come a long way.

Spent the morning at a walk in clinic with my son. He had been up all night with abdominal pain/throwing up. Seems he picked up a bug/virus, maybe something he ate? Worst is over and he's sleeping now. Think I might have to have a power nap as well.
        Shout out to everyone else....have a Super Sunday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hope your son is feeling better PPQP, yes,I have come a long way from where I was, sometimes I'd be out for a walk when she was going through the cans and she'd start talking to me in Spanish, I'd just say hi and wonder if she was commenting on the overabundance of cans haha,so embarrassed
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Sunday ABadoooodles!

Mick, what an exciting morning you've had, and busy as every I see.

ice cream? I've managed to abstain for a good bit here and trying to keep it up.

Got in a lovely hike/shoot yesterday morn, here's the view from the spot which overlooks our little township and lake:

And a productive Sunday with all manner of chores but also started (carefully) on weightlifting which I miss and taught martial arts at the end of the lake this afternoon, shot from our training spot:

Always grateful to have a relaxing AF weekend, no crappy memories, regrets, pain or any of that dreadful crap we all remember too well.

Pauly, hows things down in the big sleazy town?

seems we have a few missing regulars, hope all is spiffy.

Well, off to check on my curry.

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Bedtime but wanted to drop bye & say hello
              Busy today with food shopping, work, cooking, nothing exciting!
              Mick, we were at zvostvo this morning & I saw metal dectectors for sale. Thought of you but didn't buy one, ha ha. Hope your day went well after the washer fiasco, sorry.
              Now that cute little bird really knows how tobeat fish

Pir,walking 8 miles a day is a lot, good for that lady.
              Were you out of mascara today???

PQ, sorry your son is sick, 'tis the season for viral illnesses.
              Hope you got your power nap!

Pauly, being can free feels pretty good. Agreed?

Det, beautiful pics from your busy AF weekend. Good for you!

Pardon my iPad typos, the laptop is unwell again, ugh.
              Wishing everyone peace yonight!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X