November Knowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all...

Wednesday already!!!! I had a great day at work yesterday, realized that one part of my job is something I loved in undergrad studies, always interesting. I am so lucky at my age to have this work to do, very grateful.

Lav, wow, YB needs time to heal, lots of stuff going on. Good he is in the hospital and I know you are overseeing his care. Make sure to take care of yourself too. Thanks for the 100 days congrats, it feels good, and I aim to continue on this path. I am excited to look at the health testing website. Thanks.

Cyn, sure hope you feel better, I was wiped out after Turkey day too, but luckily no one was sick. People at work have colds, one person in particular who has gluten and dairy sensitivities, I'll bet like you the foods were not good for the immune system. Hope you feel better and good call taking a day to rest.

Pauly, Dill must still be upset with this thread, I feel badly she won't post, hope she is OK. I have heard of hand, foot and mouth, little kids get everything, don't they? Builds the immune system. Tough on the adults caring for them. Good job on making changes, I have been tempted with sugar at work, lots of treats at this time of year. I love a good diet coke, but try to avoid them most days. So happy you are doing well on your AF journey, lets keep it moving forward.

Have a great AF hump day.

Comment

Hello all -

Star congrats on 100 days!!! We must have cross-posted yesterday, since I read your first post, then wrote my own without checking for new 'news'. Wonderful that you have reached this big day- keep those days rolling in...

Lav, my goodness, this sounds like a lot. Even with you getting him up and walking, the lung is a little compromised? Thank goodness you have been 'on the job'. Please take care of yourself in the midst of all this! Are you getting sleep? How's Maxie doing?

Pauly - that's so funny that a little tyke wants to wash his hands thoroughly! Good luck with all the allergy stuff - I'm sure stepping back from Diet Coke is hard, but SO worth it. Can you have a non-dairy latte or something to give you a little energy boost? Good luck.

Not much to report here. I spent a quiet day just working on things for my clients that have been put off since last week. That felt good - I don't do well when there's lots of stuff that needs to be done and I can't get to it. ( Lav, I'm sure you feel behind on your work because of the hospital runs, good luck with all of that!)

Wishing all a good AF Hump Day.

Comment

Morning friends, Cyn,I just drink black coffee sometimes I'll use a dash of creamer during the day but with this Mccafe it tastes great on its own, I'm so happy they started carrying it in a big can,I kept the gingerbread train that Louie and I made last year but I need to glue some of it back together and I started thinking about flour and water for the glue and that got me thinking about gluten, I always think gluten free people are sometimes just trying to be on a fad but thinkabout it... if flour and water make glue, imagine your body trying to digest that sludge,seems like it would be a strain! Defo ordering that kit after Christmas! Lav,is it blood, saliva or (please don't say stool) sample? I hope YB is out today I'm kinda nervous about the pneumonia, Star,I'm glad you had a great day yesterday, I love days when I actually appreciate my job talked to Michelle last night, meh,it's on the daily thread, just a bunch of nonsense, Michelle is a beautiful girl, even does modeling, although it's mostly tattoo stuff and kinda nasty stuff but she's got a beautiful face(looks just like me haha) a sweet soul inside, she's a caring, sensitive person but she's got a dark side with the drugs she does,they make her stupid and I think when she used to smoke that spice crap it really messed up her brain chemicals, I really hope that someday she's ready to change, ugh too heavy for the morning, wishing us all a peaceful AF Wednesday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends at the end of Hump day.......

Well, the patient is still in the hospital but tomorrow is looking good for discharge (so far). Hopefully nothing else pops up overnight.
          The lung thing is/was more of a collapse of the lower lobe which can happen spontaneously under anesthesia. He's had pneumonia in that portion of the lung in the past. All of the cultures are coming back negative & today's temp is normal. SO, if he can start eating like a normal person tomorrow then he will go home.
          We have had heavy rain & fog all day so driving has been a serious pain in the butt. Hopefully the drama ends tomorrow, ha ha.
          I have been sleeping pretty well but last night Maxie decided to go out at 1 am, then come back in at 3 am. I think the house gets too warm for her. She prefers Swiss Alps weather

Star, stay happy because it makes this AF journey much easier & more enjoyable. Gratitude comes pretty easy when we are not at war with ourselves!

Pauly, the test kit I ordered involves 2 small fingersticks, a couple drops of blood that you send to the lab. I want to know how many of the 96 things they test for actually causing me problems. This kind of stuff fascinates me - I am a nerd, ha ha!!
          Some kids take longer than others to fully mature, maybe Michelle is taking her time. At some point she may very well get tired of the path she has taken & decide to make some changes. It's never too late to exercise our free will, right?

Cyn, I am trying not to worry about work stuff & the fact that I haven't been able to even get to Curves this week. Next week should be a lot better. We are also getting ready to do a refi on the home loan so I had to tell the folks at the bank to take their time - no rush!

Wishing everyone a restful night!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X