monday morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday morning

good morning all..how are things today?anyone see the supermoon last night?yesterday wasnt too great a day here,but its bound to happen,so nuff of that.I took time yesterday to read through quite a few of the different threads and posts on this forum,and what is being said...there is certainly a lot of uncertainty,politically wise over in the us at the mo,in much a similar vein as we had here,the only difference is the figure at the top over there is still there ...the one Britain voted for couldnt hack it and gets a job being Foreign Secretary...strangely enough he was born in New York..there are a lot of countries at the moment just sitting back saying nothing,just watching the emerging picture,and the forthcoming elections in both Germany and France....
    best get my skates on..at the dentist this morning ..got to be there for 9.45 and rush hour traffic.....
    so brew and on we go...

hi tt ...you ok?hope all is well with you ...dont know where you are in relation to the quake but hope you are safe....

hiya pie how are you today?did you go and meet your dads carer yesterday?hope you managed to calm things down...

hiya ppqp..no ,never went detecting yesterday,just better to stay here and help when and where I can,although there were quite a few nice things found,including a gold coin and also a plague cross..best of luck in work today ...should be interesting to say the least

hiya det ...when you said you were out shooting...camera or rifle?sounds like you had a good day though

hiya Nora ...hows you then?just seen on here the wee green light is on..now either you are up really early ,or its just stayed on...

hiya Lav,how are you today?was reading your posts elsewhere...for the youngsters....jeez thats well out of order!!I hope things do turn out well over there,heres a supportive brew...

hey all you peeps not posting,big shout to you all,yes there are uncertainties,yes there are lots of unsavoury ,nasty things happening,but dont add your sobriety to the list!!keep it together ..dont box it up ...jump on we will do what we can even if its just listen,sometimes that helps!

Just tried to kill a spider with some Lynx Body Spray it survived and is now trying to make inappropriate sexual advances towards me.

My son's class are having a pyjama day Tomorrow.
    Great to see the education system is getting them ready for unemployment.

A duck walks into a pub and orders a pint of beer and a ham sandwich.
    The barman looks at him and says,
    "Hang on! You're a duck."
    "I see your eyes are working," replies the duck.
    "And you can talk" exclaims the barman.
    "I see your ears are working, too," says the duck.
    "Now if you don't mind, can I have my beer and my sandwich please?"
    "Certainly, sorry about that, says the barman as he pulls the duck's pint.
    "It's just we don't get many ducks in this pub. What are you doing
    round this way?"
    "I'm working on the building site across the road," Explains the duck.
    "I'm a plasterer."
    The flabbergasted barman cannot believe the duck and wants to learn
    more, but takes the hint when the duck pulls out a newspaper from his
    bag and proceeds to read it. So, the duck reads his paper, drinks his beer, eats his sandwich, bids the barman good day and leaves. The same thing happens for two weeks.
    Then one day the circus comes to town.
    The ringmaster comes into the pub for a pint and the barman says to him
    "You're with the circus, aren't you? Well, I know this duck that
    could be just brilliant in your circus. He talks, drinks beer, eats
    sandwiches, reads the newspaper and everything!" "Sounds marvelous,"says the ringmaster, handing over his business card.
    "Get him to give me a call."
    So the next day when the duck comes into the pub the barman says,
    "Hey Mr. Duck, I reckon I can line you up with a top job, paying
    really good money."
    "I'm always looking for the next job," says the duck.
    "Where is it?"
    "At the circus" says the barman.
    "The circus?" repeats the duck.
    "That's right," replies the barman.
    The duck asks again, "with the big tent?"
    Yeah," the barman replies.
    "With all the animals who live in cages, and performers who live in
    caravans?" says the duck.
    "Of course," the barman replies.
    "And the tent has canvas sides and a big canvas roof with a hole in
    the middle?" persists the duck.
    "That's right!" says the barman.
    The duck shakes his head in amazement, and says
    "What the F##k would they want with a plasterer ??!"

I got into an argument with a bloke in a pub last night. I instantly remembered what my dad said to me when I was young, "never hit a man wearing glasses!" I'll never take my dad's advice ever again. I took my glasses off, couldn't see, and missed the fcking blokes head completely.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mae everybody, just wanted to say hello, sorry to be missing in action, just sorting stuff out,wishing everyone a peaceful Monday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning Mick, Pauly, and all to come. After a lengthy discussion with Dad's teary caregiver, turns out her very real immigration woes are longstanding, and not at all related to the election, except that Trump's comments have created much new fear in the Latino community. Personally, I hope that Obama will grant a pardon to illegals who are otherwise in good standing. Good and hardworking people that have overstayed their visas because our immigration system is so slow and inadequate.

PQ, you're right. I completely didn't see this coming. It's part of Dad's personality to want to solve problems for people, but he's no longer able to think things through thoroughly, so it's fallen to me. Since I don't know the possible ramifications of a marriage under all of these circumstances, I've suggested that we first wait to see if a pardon is granted. If not, we can look at all this again in the new year. Stalling is a viable tactic, right?

Best Monday wishes to all.

Comment

MAE ......
        .Off to work. But wanted to say hi.
        :welldone:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. Sorry yesterday was a rough one, you're going to have them and it sounds like your dealing with things. :hug:
          Good luck at the dentist, is this the last one? With everything going on will this affect your Chrimbo plans? Hope not, you'll both need a break by then.

Pauly...good to see you. Get yourself sorted or let us help you. We're here.

Pi...right, good plan. Stall as long as you can. I've also heard Trump say deport illegal "criminal" illegals so she might be ok after all.

Nora...good morning to you and I hope you have a great day.

TT...hope you're ok and let us know as soon as possible.

Haven't had a chance to read the rest of yesterday's thread so will leave it at this. Going to be an interesting morning so I want to get in there early, current boss wants to talk. Have a Marvelous Monday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Had an OK Monday
            We went to our grandson's kindergarten class today, lots of grandparents attended so it was nice.
            He was happy to see us & I was happy to see how well behaved he can be.....when he wants to be well behaved, ha ha!

Mick, I hope your dental visit went as well as possible
            I am sure you are busy taking care of everyone as usual.

Pauly, good to see you back!

Pie, I don't envy you & that situation with your Dad. Wishing you the best possible outcome!

Hi Nora & PQ!
            I hope you both had a good day at work today.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X