Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Dec 9th

Thread started...brewing coffee...be right back...:smile:PPQP

OK, got the ice chopped up and the coffee's ready. Maybe Pi will stop by with a tasty bite for us all.

Mick...sending you positive P's :angel: PPP :angel: for today and day's to come.

Det...glad to hear you're not super down and I think it's a great idea to get a heater for the garage and do some guy stuff.

SF...Gosh, I didn't even try out different beers! LOL Boy, I am the opposite of you, I like to stay in one place. I do agree with you about AA and I stopped going to meetings as well. Different things work for different people and we're lucky there so many more options out there now.

Gman...great discussion on depression. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Lav...thanks for the message from Mick, you know we worry about him when he's not here.

Pauly...I have solved your Gingerbread House issue...LEGO Seasonal Promotional 215 Gingerbread House Set 4139 New Sealed Retired | eBay

Snoop...soldier on you're doing great.

Think I'll wear my PJ's under my clothes this morning. Wishing everyone a positive Friday....:smile:PPQP
    Last edited by porqoui; December 9, 2016, 08:23 AM.

Mae everybody,thanks for the kick off PPQP,yes that house would be the way to go haha,looked at ours this morning and although its sticking together its kind of at a slant.oh well,Mick,thinking of you my friend hubs' birthday today,last night Kell asked how old he was turning I told her 48 and she said her boyfriend through he was in his 50's! I started laughing and told hubs but I shouldn't have cuz I think it hurt his feelings,my big mouth I'll make him tacos and give a few presents then when LB gets here next week we'll go to dinner somewhere, still feeling bluesy,I hate that ugly feeling, probably walk some to burn it off,much love to all and I hope we all have a nice AF of course Friday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Stopping by with another message from our friend Mick.
      So soon after the passing of Julie's mom, her brother is now critically ill. I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to process all this.

I think it's a good time to get a prayer request out there for Mick & all of his family :hug:

PQ, thanks for starting us up this morning. Stay warm in the frozen north.

Pauly, happy birthday to your husband. Mine is coming soon as well. Age is only a number, right?

I will check in later.
      Have a good AF Friday everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
        Good morning Abbers,

Stopping by with another message from our friend Mick.
        So soon after the passing of Julie's mom, her brother is now critically ill. I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to process all this.

I think it's a good time to get a prayer request out there for Mick & all of his family :hug:

PQ, thanks for starting us up this morning. Stay warm in the frozen north.

Pauly, happy birthday to your husband. Mine is coming soon as well. Age is only a number, right?

I will check in later.
        Have a good AF Friday everyone!

Lav

Xmas is always a difficult time for a loss
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Very sorry to hear of Julie's brother. This is truly truly sad.
          Good to see you Sam.
          PQ - Thanks for the PM. It can get pretty desperate even when we are long term sober. I hope I can be supportive to others as well.
          Pauly - hope your hubs birthday was good and that the blues have turned to pinkies.
          Hi there Lav - yes just a number I guess.

Last night was not good. My partner Mr GB came home drunk from his Xmas party and he was very cruel to me. It was a day when I needed emotional support and love and not to have this large drunk gross person berating me and then getting physically menacing. I left the house last night but came back later and he had calmed down. My daughter was at a friend's last night so it was just the 2 of us. He shouldn't drink as he is on pretty strong meds and when he drinks a lot he is quite unpredictable.
          I guess the 'positive' side to this is that there was no physical damage and that it reminded of why living with drunk people can be horrible. He doesn't usually drink so this was exceptional. If I had been drinking its likely that the situation would have escalated and it could have been nasty. What was scary was that he blocked me from leaving a room - all he had to do was put his hulk in the doorframe and I couldn't get out. When I did I manage to get him to move I calmly got my handbag and drove away with him ranting in the driveway. You see, I was sober.
          Today he will be hungover and probably do nothing except lie on the couch. I am going to get out of the house and do the grocery shopping and avoid him at all costs. Once our daughter comes home this afternoon it will diffuse the situation. I wanted this weekend to be calming for me as I face some very serious news at my work on Monday. I just will have to build a wall and face this on my own, or at least without my partner's support.
          Its very lonely at the moment so this virtual lifeline is important to me and I thank you all for your support at the moment.

Comment

Prayers for Mick and Julie and the family, TT,I'm really sorry you had to go through that last night,sounds awful you handled it well though by walking away,thinking of you too
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Abbers near and not so far.

My thoughts are with you and your family Mick.

Geez TT. You are in the thick of it at the moment. Fingers crossed there is good news for you on monday. Inexcusable behaviour from husband. being drunk is no excuse for hurling abuse. Wishing you a safe weekend. Sounds like the sooner monday's over the better.

Keep warm PPPQ!

Wishing all a peaceful weekend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hello everyone, just dropping in to say hi. Hope Mick is doing ok, tough times for him right now.
                Hey TT, I am thinking about you. My husband used to drink too much and it really sucked sometimes. He would totally change and be such an ahole. When we both drank we would have the worst fights. We still say we can believe we stayed together when we were drinking, it was awful. I am so glad I quit and his drinking is about 5% of what it used to be.

Hope the rest of your weekend goes better. Stay sober my friend.
                PQ- try and stay warm, holy crap eh! SO cold!

Nice to read your posts everyone. Glad to see we are all sober.
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

TT, I am truly sorry you are facing such a rough time at work & at home as well.
                  AL just makes people stupid unfortunately. I hope you know you have our virtual support here & we are happy to listen anytime :hug:
                  I hope everything settles down for you as quickly as possible.

Hi there Sam, Pauly & G!
                  We had a nice visit with our friends this afternoon. They will both be turning 85 next year, bless them. They wanted to see YB after his recent surgery even brought him a plant, how thoughtful.

mick, please know that we are all thinking of you & your family right now. Take care of yourself.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mick, so sorry you are going through so much, thoughts are with you.

TT, we are here for you, sending you strength, please take care of yourself, safety first last night, that is really good.

Comment

Working...
                    X