thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thursday

mae all..how are things today?appreciate that better with some than others...couldnt really sleep,so got up,did a bit of bimbling about ,downloaded a shedful of books on to my kindle ,and its still only 6 am!!dark and raining outside ,so time for another brew..got to phone to cancel our jolliday today,dont know how they will play that,whether we can move it or lose it..so looks like be here for chrimbo...just what we didnt want.

anyway brew time it is..bit early but anyone ready?

evening tt,yes as you say it is a pretty tuff time for us here,2 tragic deaths,but there are also quite a few other things some of which I have put on here some I havent..but yep you kind of think ffs when are you gonna stop piling this crap on my head?when I wrote yesterday ,it was to try and give you some support...no it aint a golden opportunity ,especially in a field that you have enjoyed and put a lot into,but it is an opportunity albeit a forced one.As someone wrote,I would be pretty surprised if you didnt have the full range of emotions that you are going through..apologies if my misguided post upset you.

hiya pauly..noticed you been playing about on your keyboard with accents etc. how are you today then?all good I hope.

hiya snoopy how are you today then?sounds like your transition in life to social worker was a pretty big move, but glad you enjoy it..is there a particular field you work in ..or am I being too nosey?no matter ..as long as you enjoy..have a good day.

hiya ppqp...2 more sleeps now..till the chrimbo break.grab the sweets n run!!no ..wont be away for chrimbo,and actually dreading it,but thats the way the flop mops..whats a potluck christmas lunch?

hiya sf...yep done that a few times...long spiel written and zoom off it goes into the ether..what are you up to then?anything?

mornin Lav..brew time..yes it will take time ,life has changed ,etc but its a case of just getting on with it and see where we go...so the invalid has had his 2 week break ..is that a medical length of time..or Lav time?:congratulatory:talking about the bald eagle......do you think it will still be the emblem once Trump is in office...or will it end up with some mad wig too?????

Big hello to everyone not here.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hey Mick, I work with crisis and support and it is really interesting but stressful. Every day is a new adventure.

TT, I get how you feel, at first I was so depressed and saw no way out, that went on for months, and scary anxiety, but out of need had to keep on going and eventually it worked out. I never thought it would, never. I did not even imagine what happened. Maybe that will or won't happen to you, but I did not mean to offend so offer support.

Comment

Hi Mick, Snoopy and all to come.

Good to see you Mick!

TT, i hope you won't rule out some sort of counselling down the track to talk and vent if you need it. Take care of yourself my friend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

ta G how you doing mate?
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,I hope they let you change your trip date,I'm sure if you explain what's happened they will be more flexible, it sounds unreal losing two family members so close together, didn't really think about it til I typed that out right now will Amy be home around Christmas? Slept weird again last night, hopefully it settles soon its irritating me,PPQP,I'd love to be surrounded by all those holiday treats,I've noticed that living in Vegas hardly anybody bakes or does special things for the holidays,when I lived in Utah everyone gave us stuff for special events, you should see how many homemade blankies I got when I had Brady,people were just nicer there,more normal just rambling I think from lack 'o sleep haha,wishing us all a nice AF Thursday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings All! Mick, are you sure you want to cancel your trip? Sounds like a getaway right now would be most therapeutic.

Comment

Pauly, you out there? Thought of you and Mick today when I walked past this monster of a bougainvillea!
              Bougainvillea.jpg

Comment

Nice bougie Pie
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mick...all of the regular programs are shutting down for the Xmas break, as we are closed. So most of them have a Christmas lunch on their last day of classes and everyone brings something to share, hence the pot luck. How did you fare cancelling the trip? Hope you didn't get screwed out of any deposits you made.
                  Feeling a little pissed off today. The program coordinator appears to be doing more and more of the things I should be doing and then when I correct her as per the proper procedure she takes the credit for it. Haven't had my one-on-one with the new boss yet and boy is he going to get an earful when we do finally have our meeting.
                  Rant over for now. Not feeling very giving right now so will just give a big shout out to everyone else.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Ab!bers!

Boy are we ever in the freeze now, geez! Feeling fortunate that we didn't get the snow too!!!

Mick, sorry about your trip plans but it's probably for the best. I hope they cut you a break money-wise. Maybe you can reschedule in the spring & go enjoy yourselves with a lighter heart :hug:
                    I think YB is healed enough to resume his retirement activities, ha ha!
                    I am trying to not think about what happens when Trump actually takes office. God help us all

Hi there Star, Pauly, G, Pie & PQ! Hi SF & the missing Det!
                    Hello to TT, hoe you are OK.

We are heading out tomorrow to watch our granddaughter in her kindergarten holiday show. Such excitement, ha ha. I am truly grateful to be alive & well & doing these things

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X