Saturday the last of 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday the last of 2016

Morning all you ain't gonna believe this but I am actually 36000ft in the air on the way home..usually you hafta switch phones off etc but here there is even Internet. .Norwegian airlines yes !!! hope everyone is well last of 2016 thank goodness .just tried to download some pics but tinter net is slow ..we are about 1.5 hrs from Manchester. .all the very best to you all..and great sober and peaceful 2017 to you
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mae everybody, slept horribly and now my body's doing that twitchy nerve thing,getting through work will take a miracle, dunno why I slept so bad Mick,thanks for starting us off clear up in the air much love to all and I hope today goes smoothly for us all
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all
      yepper, it be the last day of 2016, so many surprises in store for 2017. Resolutions?? to be kind to my fellow humans, planet. Thank goodness I don't have to do the "get sober" one! rather, maintenance would be more like.

Lav, I remember reading your possible trigger post the other day, it is amazing how they work... local folks here are starting a brewery and friends are talking about seeking it out, not inviting me but it comes up in casual conversation, and just for a fleeting moment..... ah yes, maintenance....

hope you've had an enjoyable holiday, Mick

see you all next year
      Sam

morning Pauly, hope you get some rest time soon!
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Top O the Sattyday ABerooos!

Mick, great pics from yesterday mate, looks wonderful. Safe landings to you.

Sam, yes maintenance is certainly much better indeed.

Pauly, sorry to hear that. Check out the sleep research by Dr Kirk Parsley when you get a chance. brilliant doc.

well, no big plans for me this NY's eve. I was going to find a high vantage to photo some fireworks but between the sub freezing
        weather and the fact I'll be asleep by then.... ha! think it's a good night for movie and snuggling on the couch.

no matter what else we have in store, let's rejoice in waking tomorrow with a clear guilt-free head full of wonder for the new year.

be well loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Quick check in to say all the best to you all in 2017....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Its New Year's Day here now. Happy New Year to my sober and supportive tribe. Lets hope for smooth riding in 2017.
            Mr GB and I had a quiet evening and that is all I wanted. I will try to take a walk in today - walk and sleep, are the priorities for me. Its like running my own personal nursing home! Next I will be giving myself gold stickers.
            I am sorry you didn't sleep well Pauly.
            Hope you get some rest Mick - after staying up late on Norwegian airlines. Did I tell you that my daughter is going to Norway in August for a semester at the university? Its an exchange with her university here and but we had put the money aside. She is learning Norwegian but the classes are in English.
            Sam - yes maintenance should always be on our lips. We are not 'normal' drinkers and never will be. But we caught ourselves in time and we have our health and sanity. Imagine if we had kept on drinking - yuk!!!!!
            What movie did you watch Det? I am going through the seasons of 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - its about the prohibition era and quite absorbing. Its never bothered me seeing people drinking on TV.
            Well I better return to my personal nursing home schedule - time for a sluice. Catch you all later and dont worry about new year's resolutions - its the maintenance that matters.

Comment

Hope everyone has a good New Year's Eve! We were going to go downtown to the Keith Urbam event, but it's raining non-stop. I usually hate crowds and all that and decided...I'm done with that shit. It's supposed to be crowded and all that. But cold rain? That will stop me

I had read this of resolutions. What I liked about it was that I had already accomplished half the list. It's good to reflect back on what one has accomplished rather that all one has not.

Comment

Just a few hours left so wish everyone a happy & safe NYE!
                Hoping for a magnificent, healthy & happy 2017 for all

Mick, welcome home, great to have you back in full force. I hope the trip was restful & relaxing for you & Julie.

Sam, funny you mentioned local breweries - they are popping up everywhere. I was never a big fan of beer but I do notice how happy others seem to be about these things. Yeah, I am into maintaining my quit that will be turning 8 years old in just a few months. Much easier to maintain

Det, no booze = clear head, every time

Happy happy PQ!

TT, walking & sleeping every day sound darn good to me. I like your plan!

SF, I like to look at the positives too. I wouldn't stand outside in cold rain to see anyone, believe me.

Hello to Pie & anyone stopping by.
                Wishing everyone a peaceful night & a wonderful start to 2017!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

15 Bottle Service Memes For Epic New Year's Eve Party | Picture | Break.com
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X