sunday the 1th of 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday the 1th of 2017

Happy ney year everyone.....was in bed last night for the bells but woke up just before ...so I saw the new year in ..16 was a tough one for us,but its gone ..put it behind and move on..so on that note ...first brewc of the year ..good ole nescafe coffee

evening tt...hny to you ...hope it all goes better for you this year..stay positive ..yep at times that is difficult,cant even begin to tell you some of the thotz that went thru my head,but the thing is,sometimes we have to think of others too...So yor daughter is offski to Norway?I went there once...and we were talking about that last year...Julies dad has always wanted to go..so we were thinking of a short break there this year..many moons ago I went there ..Stavanger Oslo Kristiansund and Trondheim...as I recall it was pretty expensive..especially booze!!so lets see that 2017 smile :thumbsup:

hiya Pauly..you sleep any better ? hny to you ...hope this one is a good one for you

hi Sam the man ..hny friend...yes you are right ...resolution ..be nice and help each other ...do for me that one...holiday was good...looking forward to the next one...

hi det....best to you mate...this is your year...take it you never got any fireworks pics..

hiya starty ..hny to you too..lets hope its a good one for you

Nora C likewise happy noo year...

Snoops and you too the very best..

hiya ppqp...hny ...hope this is a good one for you...your 5th af!!well done...best in work health and home for you :hug:

Sunflower hny to you!!all the best ..so what did you do ?anything?

Lav..happy noo year...how did it go ..or is it going ...have you a houseful today?we are going down to Julies ..sil that is for dinner ..taking Julies dad with us ...so thats Julie ..wife to Julie sil..easy innit?here is a long coffee for you

right good peeps to all those I have missed ...apologies to those in the background come in say hi...on one of the friendliest fredz around...

I can remember 2016 as if it was only yesterday!

I'm looking to start up my own business, recycling discarded chewing gum.
    Just need help getting it off the ground.

I can't believe it, 7 weeks until Pancake Day, and the shops are already selling flour and eggs!

One good thing about getting older is that the multi-tasking becomes much easier. You can now sneeze, pee and poop yourself all at the same time.

I've taken all the decorations down, thrown the tree in the garden and finished off the last of the Christmas food. Better leave this house quickly before the owners get home!

My wife goes out 3 evenings a week with her driving instructor.
    I wouldn't mind but she passed her driving test in 1993.

15747490_1290088157725271_8600722481545004423_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Happy new year friends. have a ripper.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Happy New Year to everyone!:applouse::applouse::sohappy:

Comment

Happy New Year all!

Yes Mick I hope for all our sakes it is a better one than 16.

First time in forever I stayed up. Mr didnt as he has Manflu but I stayed up with theh outlaws and had a lovely time.

Comment

Mae everybody, Happy New Year all I did make a few plans for the year
          1.stay off the grog
          2.keep up my exercise but step it up
          3.eat cleaner
          4.quit buying crap I don't need!
          5.put money away
          6.get credit cards payed down/don't use them
          7.keep my house cleaner
          8.be more patient
          9.be nicer to people
          10.get out more
          These are easy to do I think, just common,everyday things really, I didn't put stop smoking in there cuz I know I won't and that'll piss me off,I was in bed and asleep by 9:30 last night!I felt kinda bad for hubs but he was chatting with old friends on Facebook anyways,was just reading the list and Mick,I know you see a joke in"eat cleaner" haha,not cleaning cleaner, clean foods! Much love to ALL I really hope this year is better for us all,the world,I just want peace period! Wish I everyone a great AF Sunday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hey ho all and a happy happy.
            sore as a door today... firewood yesterday. That outdoor furnace for the farm house will roar thru some wood.
            off to play tunes this afternoon at a friend's, something that has become a tradition since about 5 years ago.

Have good one everybody and enjoy your day!!
            Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hi there everyone
              Pauly you forgot another resolution - 'be kinder to yourself'. Its important you think about yourself in all of this but staying sober, eating well and exercising all help with self-care. I did a big walk by myself yesterday and guess what - I enjoyed it! No tears and I tried to focus on the moment and my surroundings - kind of a form of mindfulness that comes naturally to me more than just sitting quiet.
              Hope your soreness goes away Sam. Speaking of my daughter again (sorry folks) - she is away camping at the moment at a music festival. Its pretty low key but should be lots of fun for her.
              Yes Mick, Norway is very expensive but I have budgeted for this - I hope! How is Julie doing? Is she back to work soon?
              Hello there Mr G. How many days are you not counting?
              Glad you had a lovely time on NYE Starty. And hi there Snoopy.
              Nora C, Lav and Det, SF, - you all take care.
              One thing I realize is that quitting AL for us of the serious addictive-types - gives us a lot of strength and training for dealing with life. Maybe not always of course and I dont want to belittle what some of us have faced but the wee tricks we learned in quitting, the new ways of looking at life - surely this must all help with our struggles in others ways than with booze.
              Anyway be good and enjoy your first days of the New Year

Comment

Happy New Year ALL....

Mick...hope 2017 is your best year ever...5 years!! who would have known.

Gman...hope you have a ripper too...

Snoop...hope you have a great year...

Start...I was actually up as well. First time they aired NYE celebrations in Calgary so had to see it...

Pauly...good luck with your resolutions and I hope your year is a great one...

Sam...I didn't know doors got sore LOL. Have fun playing tunes today, I love new traditions.

TT...big :hug: You are sounding so much better. I'm glad your walk was a good one. Totally agree about the wee tricks we've learned helping with our day to day living...I know it has for me. Hope this year will be a positive one for you....

Shout out to all to post....have a great start to the new year....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy New Year to everyone. We didn't end up doing anything. Hubby went to bed at 8. Kids and I watched the coverage of the Nashville Music Note Drop. They moved it off of Broadway (Honky Tonk scene) to this really nice park.

By 12;15a I was so disgusted with myself for not going down. My oldest told me too late that he would have liked to go. My resolution is to stop being a stick in the mud. It's easy for me to stay home--maybe it's just my age and feeling like life is passing me by. There are so many free awesome events here and not taking advantage of that is just plain living a dull life.

I'm looking forward to my new work schedule. I'll close 3 nights and then open 2. One more week of opening every day. The night crew is a more chill--some of these openers can get all up in arms about nothing. There is this 70 year old Greek lady that is always yelling at people, so she is reaming you out about using some of her blue cheese and you can't understand a word she is saying. Then we have some regulars in the kitchen that are just bitching about everything. We've had people quit the kitchen because they couldn't stand to listen to all the BS.

Now I'll have Saturdays off, which will open the opportunity to take advantage of all the festivals and such.

Pauly--I'm tracking everything in a physical journal--food/working out--my intention is not to be perfect. Just try to do a little better than the day before.

Everyone have a great rest of the day. I'll have to be in bed early.

Comment

SF,I understand the stick in the mud feeling, that's why I put it in my list,lots of free events here all the time too,sometimes I avoid cuz I'm afraid of relapse, having anxiety, etc but most of its sheer laziness! I don't want life passing me by either,I wanna build memories and I can't do that from the couch
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy New Year, Friends! I'm tickled to be among the hung-over-free for the 3rd time. Caught a head cold that's doing plenty to sap my energy, but nothing to feel guilty or remorseful about.

TT, I think you're right that we build strength and skills in giving up the grog, that make us better able to maneuver life's curve balls. Feels that way to me, anyway.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Looks like everyone had a pretty good new year's day

Nothing special going on here just starting to take decorations down & clean up a bit.
                        It hit 50 degrees here today so there's no chance of snow, ha ha!

Glad you are back & getting into your routine Mick. Have you picked up your bunnies yet?
                        Thaks for the large coffee.

Hi there Sam, Pauly, PQ, SF.
                        TT, I have to agree with you that we can & should use our AF muscles to help us get thru just about anything! These are important & useful skills that we have developed & can be applied to most things & situations.
                        Hello to Det, G & anyone I may have missed.

Peace to everyone tonight!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                        X