monday 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday 16th

mae all....and how are we this mad monday morning?all good I hope..just thot I would start a thread,looked at the weekly one,but it even in that short space kinda confused me ..mind you I am a simple soul!
    so here we are ,magic monday...feeling better..in fact we both are,things are starting to calm down a little..like I said to Lav before,we are at the stage now of generally good times with down now and again as opposed to just blackness if that makes sense..
    Toilet walls finished..plastered up just waiting for it to dry now,then replace everything make skirting boards ,box pipework .and thats it back to a proper throne room..
    out detecting yesterday,found 4 cut silver coins about 750 years old..
    just over 5 weeks and its holiday time again...looking forward to that

ok thats us up to speed..brew time....

hiya tt,how are you this evening?what have you been up to today then?are things getting any easier for you at all...Ihope so ...

hiya pie ..how are you then?all good ...was reading about your pets..guess you are pretty busy at the mo!!

hiya pauly ..hooray ..its the first day of summer today...ok its not but it sounds good...I do want to say tho...and dont let this put the mockers on it..!!you have done abs brill this time on the no booze cruise...just steadily bimbled along..well done you!

hiya det ..hows you then mate?all good?hope the sales thingy goes ok for you ....nope ..no slipping friend yhear?you are doing good too mate..

Hiya Lav....hows you then?yep you were the chief fred honcho when I landed...as I remember shue did a bit too ..wonder what happened to her?anyway bbt ...big brew time
    no snow but I see it was icy...did you like that ?you doing any thing today or is it an embroidery day?whatever it is have a good one

big hello to everyone else,have a great day.....

Paddy says to Mick,"I found this pen, is it yours?" Mick replies,"don't know, give it here." He then tries it and says, "yes it is." Paddy asks, "how do you know?" Mick replies,"that's my handwriting."

Paddy and Mick sent by the job centre to train as tree surgeons.
    Two weeks later they turn up to sign on and they're asked to explain why they haven't got any work.
    "Ah well" says Paddy "theres only the two of us ya see"
    "An everywhere we goes they needs tree fellers"

Just nearly talked my way out of a speeding ticket by telling the Police woman she looked bloody stunning.
    Then I fcked up by saying, "And that's not the drink talking either."

Two women were playing golf. One teed off and watched in horror as her ball headed directly toward a foursome of men playing the next hole.
    The ball hit one of the men. He immediately clasped his hands together at his groin, fell to the ground and proceeded to roll around in agony. The woman rushed down to the man, and immediately began to apologize.
    'Please allow me to help. I'm a Physical Therapist and I know I could Relieve your pain if you'd allow me.' she told him. 'Oh, no, I'll be all right. I'll be fine in a few minutes,' the man replied.
    He was in obvious agony, lying in the fetal position, still clasping his hands there at his groin. At her persistence, however, he finally allowed her to help.
    She gently took his hands away and laid them to the side, loosened his pants and put her hands inside. She administered tender and artful massage for several long moments and asked, 'How does that feel?' He replied: 'It feels great, but I still think my thumb's broken!'

12509650_931982456909911_6528151197165049856_n.jpg

16002754_1236338976474256_3145781406389551137_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good to see you Mick and thanks for starting us off. It's 11pm Monday here and sorry folks but I am tired. See you another day!

Comment

Up early and ready to enjoy my day off, MLK Day in the US. Scary week ahead with Trump getting into office. It makes me sick. Oh, well, no control over it, I know who I voted for. No matter what, staying AF.

Comment

Good morning Abbers

Mick, glad to see you back in good form. Here I made a gallon of coffee & jumped on early to get the thread started, ha ha. Extra coffee for everyone!
        Great that you are getting your throne back in good working order, that's important Nothing super special on my day plan but I am starting with a trip to Curves.
        I actually have shue on my Facebook feed.

TT, hope you are getting a good rest!
        Star, enjoy your day off. I think I am going to make an effort to listen to less news this week. I have already had enough

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,thanks for the start up,I'm glad you're feeling better Star,I'm hoping that Trump getting in goes smoothly without a lot of rioting,protesting and people getting hurt,what's done is done I just worry about peoples actions on Friday,this really feels surreal to me,like I'm in bizarro world but it is what it is,had the worst bout of depression yesterday that I couldn't shake,not sure what brought it on but it was awful! Today feels better,anyways, much love to all and I hope everyone has a great AF Monday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

P.S Mick,do you know any knock knock jokes? Louie is loving them but I only have 2,tried googling some but they're all dumb or over a 3 year olds head
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sorry you were depressed Pauly. Hope you feel a wee bit better now. The whole world is watching the reaction to Trump but like Lav I will not out of my way to view. Off to a mini conference today which will be interesting.

Comment

MAE everyone. Love the jokes, Mick. I had my first Texas t/storm last night since coming back. Thunder and lightning excessive. I checked the weather hour to hour and it looked as if the thunder would continue to 4:00 a.m. I have a very nervous chihuahua pug mix and she shakes and pants. I put on her thunder shirt and that didn't work. She produces so much adrenalin she stays awake. I was exhausted so I tried music, Brahm's lullaby and there is a cd calls "Paws Reflection", I joined Amazon music and played it with repeat. Worked like magic! In the reviews people who work all day use it and it is calming and entertaining. Definitely a buy.

Just wanted to share that with others who may have nervous dogs.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL....just popping in to stay accountable. Been a busy day and it's not over yet. Will check back later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Here ya go Pauly:
                    Knock Knock

Who's there?*

Art.

Art who?*

Art ya gonna open the door for me?

Hi SK, glad to see you
                    I imagine that must have been one big storm, poor doggie & poor you.
                    My older dog is pretty much deaf now & doesn't hear much so thunder is not an issue for her. The other one has hunting dog blood lines & never reacts to loud noises. How lucky am I? ha ha. Hope you are doing well.

PQ, hope your day has settled down.

TT, I know the world is watching this fiasco about to unfold in Washington. I hope the world realizes that so many of us are not happy with the results of the election.

Have a peaceful evening everyone.
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X