the day of suns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the day of suns

morn all ..out at the mo so justa quick jump in..its snowing again here.....
    I was looking at all the marches around the world....In his own way,he has done something no one has ever done before ...unite people not men or women but both ,because both sexes were on the marches all over the place..he has united people ..throughout the world by the use of words,not violence ,finance,or fear but just words...more than any world leader ever has... it is the same as when I and every one else joins the forces..each of us is individual,with traits and characteristics that have to be moulded into one team ..how do you do it? you provide a common hate figure ..the drill sgt,the Regimental Sergeant Major,and together as time goes on the team strength grows to the extent that team spirit grow huge ...I left in 1986...31 years later that bond is still there...so if he can do that,what good could be done throughout the world?think laterally..ISIS,hunger ,poverty etc..This is definitely not a Trump speech folks,but just a different slant on it all...any other thoughts peeps?

oops a brew ...from my flask!!!!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick and All, Hope you enjoy your snowy outing, and thanks for taking the time to start us up. I agree with your perspective that people are uniting for good, in the face of ... Not sure what word to use, but it's whatever Trump represents. Lav, no kidding, such a massive ego!

Feels good to talk a bit about it here, or at least share some common concerns. No offense intended to anyone who sees things differently.

Lav, I think my dad can get to the point of being comfortable with his phone. It's the voice assistant feature he most wants to use. I can spend more time working with him. Sure wouldn't have the patience for it if I were drinking.

Hey there, PQ! Saw you pop in last night. My longest term dog clients are moving back to Calgary this summer. Maybe they'll be among your community gardeners?

Now off to count some days in the shout out thread.

Comment

Mae everybody, just back from breakfast with hubs,rainy here brrr,grocery shopping after I post,Pie,it is good we can talk about this a little here without starting a fight,I try not to say anything bad about Trump(cannot call him president) I'm just taking a wait and see stance on all of it,Mick,nice way to put a positive spin on all of this, don't think I'll get much exercise today cuz I have the CBA's! Much love to all and I hope we all have a great AF Sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning Pauly! I'm with you on this CBA Sunday.

Comment

Hi folks. Well I guess Micks question about being united instead of despair can apply to our stand here against the hold addiction had or has on our lives. We have many differences and don't always see the power it has over us in the same way but we try (and try is the operative word) to overcome this through individual and collective action. It's not easy, it's inconsistent many times but we chip away and we can change our lives.
          Speech over!

Comment

Originally posted by treetops View Post
            Hi folks. Well I guess Micks question about being united instead of despair can apply to our stand here against the hold addiction had or has on our lives. We have many differences and don't always see the power it has over us in the same way but we try (and try is the operative word) to overcome this through individual and collective action. It's not easy, it's inconsistent many times but we chip away and we can change our lives.
            Speech over!
            exactly!! how are you today?
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...nice perspective. Thanks for starting the thread this morning. It was an overcast dark day, tried to snow a bit but didn't materialize. Nice lunch was perfect for breaking up the day.

Pi...wouldn't that be something if they moved into the Varsity community. Tell them you've got an in with the community garden!

Pauly...hope you enjoyed your CBA Sunday. I watch all the Trump sh*t on TV and am just glad I live in Canada.

TT...nice analogy. Any results on your meds? Hope things are smoothing out for you.

Lav...didn't know about your feet. Good choice!

Can't believe it's Sunday night all ready. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the "Ground Hog Day" movie.
              Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Not only is it Sunday night but it's bedtime already - Geez!

Thanks for the startup Mick!
                I get your spin on the resistance but remember that Saturday was just the first day. I feel that this is going to be a long haul but the women (especially) are fired up & ready to roll, ha ha!! I hope your day was good!

Hi there Pie, Pauly & PQ!

I'll just wish everyone a peaceful night & will check in tomorrow after the storm if we still have power. They way they're talking & sending warnings.....I'm not so sure.
                Be well everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X