The Thursday Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Thursday Thread

I didn't see a thread so here's one hoping everyone has a great AF day,off to dentist, pray for me haha
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

heya ABers!

Pauly, thanks for marking our spot and yes, hang tight to the dentist's chair.

Mick, great to see you ever industrious and making neat things.

AF and cranking away here between work and trying to tidy up the place. Dx comes home Sat am so I'll be
    picking her up then.

Spending time doing some 'mirror work' which is a kind of self therapy done in front of the mirror. it's very interesting and hard
    to describe but I feel better already. Finally after more than a week the bad pinch in my lower back is subsiding so I'm super
    grateful for that.

Sadly I didn't get any nifty pictures in Vegas, it was all work and very long days. I'll try to get some shots of the lovely winter landscapes next..... must concentrate on positive, healthy fun things lest my mind wander to darkness which is no good.

wishing you great AF Thursdays all around

be well loves
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Morning Pauly and Det! Thinking of you at the dentist's Pauly. Mirror work sounds interesting, Det, I'll have to look it up. PQ, prime rib is a favorite, but strikes me as too much of a big deal to make it. Maybe that's not so, since you don't seem to have that reluctance. What's your secret? Mick, nice touch on using the same tiles from your kitchen as an accent in the bathroom!

Often, I'll feel a quick twinge of headache in the morning that takes me right back to all those mornings when I awoke physically ill, and with feelings of disgust/despair over continued drinking, and inability to stop. Like a muscle memory. I think this is a gift to keep me from forgetting!

Comment

Hi folks. Thanks for starting us off Pauly. I will check on Mick. Good to see you Det and keep up the self-work. I use the mirror strictly for repair work and a dose of reality!
        Been a bit anxious lately but pushing on.
        My shoulder is healing and the liver pains have abated - just chasing the elusive sleep these days.
        You all be good and catcha later

Comment

TT,have you heard anything outta Mick? Glad you're feeling better Pie,I agree I don't think I'd ever make a prime rib,PQ is the master prime ribber I think done with dentist, swollen but I ate some taco bell on my non numb side haha

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya peeps, well I started a fred this morning,but it never posted!!Ive just tried to restore it,but it wont auto restore it all..it only restored about a third of it ..no jokes nuffink!

mornin all ..how are we today then?all good..successful visit to the dentist...one more and thats it finito benito.done, fertig ,endex, kein mehr...etc off to Leeds this morning,but will let the traffic die down first.....yes,had haggis and tatties and neeps laast night ...and Irn Bru...
            Trump seems to be having a bit of a field day at the mo...interesting about paying for that wall...the taxpayer will pay initially,but will be reimbursed ..in one way or another...whats he gonna do ...give you free tacos forever?
            Politicians the world over are full of crap....just look at the gang weve got..
            so now that the political speech has been done ..on we go with a non party brew.

hiya Pauly, how are you today then?wow what a lot going on in your post..is your hubby ok?what did his boss say..did you go out for food Italienne?and get a doggy bag.....and most of all besta luck at the dentist today..as for drinking...Im daring to say ..yep I think it finally dropped for you (the penny that is)you have done really brill ....

mornin snooper dooper ..you ok today then?

mornin sam the man,how are you today then mate?you take it easy out there.as for remembering how old you are..I got a letter thru the post...reminding me to renew my driving licence...bummer..that age on the licence you never thought wou

and thats it ...hope your tooth came out with no probs Pauly.

hiya tt...glad your shoulder is getting a bit better

hiya pie howz everything with you today then?yep Ive still got a few tiles left so Im sure somewhere else will get a coating of them

hi Det how are you then?you getting it together mate

hi everyone else...

My wife's locked herself in the kitchen in a rage, after a massive argument over how miserable and tight I've become since we've been married.
            She's in there now, ripping all our paper plates in half.

Five facts about You You You You You You You You You You You You You You You You You
            1. You're so lazy You didn't read all the You's.
            2. You didn't notice I put a Yoo.
            3. You are now looking to find out.
            4. You are laughing because you realize there is no 'Yoo' and you've been tricked.
            5. You are going to forward this to others who are like 'YOU'!
            I know at least 12 things about you now:
            1. You are holding your phone
            2. You are on facebook
            3. You just opened my status
            4. You are now reading it
            5. You are human
            7. You can't say the letter "P" without separating your lips
            8. You just attempted to do it
            9. You are laughing at yourself
            10. You have smiles on your face
            11. You skipped No.6
            12. You just checked to see if there is a No.6.

16195527_1323543687713051_8459222785557130979_n.jpg
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Sounds like the dentist wasn't too bad and a wisdom tooth to boot.

Det...hadn't heard of "mirror work", I too will be looking it up. Sounds like you're back in the swing of things and will be in good shape when Dx gets home. Good job!

Pi...I actually find Prime Rib the easiest to cook, once I learned the trick. 20 mins per lb + 20 mins, comes out perfect every time. Nice way to look at the headache twinge...a gift.

TT...good to hear you're pushing on. That's all we can really do. Glad the physical ailments are healing. Was the liver pain do to medication?

Mick...and there you are. I must have been on the bottom half of the post. LOL No haggis in this house! Wow, I can't believe the dentist saga is coming to an end. Make sure you celebrate.

Phone system finally fixed so no more early morning starts at work. Boss kicked me out at 3:30 said get out of here, you've been going flat out all week. Not being GM has made it onto my gratitude list. LOL .....:smile:PPQP

ps...I didn't read all the you's.

Comment

PQ,glad you got an early out,I laughed at the You list cuz I caught myself trying to say P

Comment

I had to go back and look if there was a number 6!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

How are all of YOOs????
                    Ha ha, good one mick

Thanks for the startup Pauly. Hope the swelling isn't too bad (put an ice bag on your face).

Det, you sound good & I want you to know that I also have to keep myself out of depression-ville or else
                    AL was my go to emotional pain relief for about 10 years & that had to stop. That's why you hear me go on & on around here about gratitude Keep up the good work

Pie, small reminders are OK, they help keep us in line, right?

TT, glad to hear you are feeling better.
                    Keep believing everything is going to turn out OK!

PQ, nice you are getting a little time off. I don't mind cooking if I have the time, ha ha!
                    I hope your prime rib was awesome!

Hello to anyone else popping in tonight.
                    Have a peaceful evening everyone!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X