monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday

mornin all...how is the start of the week for yall?went out detecting yesterday,there were 127 of us there...not a lot found at all...yes there is a lot of history in that area,but I guess this particular part was forest in days of yore..few medieval hammered coins but not enough to indicate settlement ,just casual loss,and yet over the road there were Roman gold earrings an brooches previously found ..oh well luck of the draw..I prefer going out on our own instead of in a crowd like that..

my friend is here today ...so it will be like the muppet show...wasnt like that in my day blah blah ..

certainly seems like the us is having a tough political time at the moment,mind you quite a few of the "established "countries are, especially in the european community

hmmm anyone read the quatrains of Nostredamus? or a book by Sinclair Lewis It cant happen here.here is a quick wikipedia on that book have a quick look ...

It Can't Happen Here - Wikipedia

ok brew time...

hiya snoops best of luck with son getting employment,as you rightly say ..concentrate on your sobriety ..will help you keep your sanity!!

hiya Lav..you ok?should that word not have been unpresidented??????heres a big non political brew..hope you are ok at the dentist tomorrow...you takin over from me?

hiya sk...chin up ...the whole world has got crapology flying around it at the mo...the trouble is there are in conjunction with your own internal American political issues,there are lots of people on the outside sticking their 2 bits worth in too..and that ranges from external political forces ,people with their own agendas and groups down to people who are just downright nosey and antagonists,..every single thing that is done is magnified a million times in the media..look at brexit over here ...the number of people that said we were foolish all the way through to opinionated individuals was /is unreal...and yet we are still here...not opening this for a for or against debate ..thats not the issue...the issue is let America sort it out,not the rest of the world with their own agendas ..does that make any sort of sense?

hiya ppqp...no success finding stuff but it was a good day out in the fields..Yorkshire puddings?Sunday roast..have you ever tried those huge yorkshire puddings..where you put everything in it and it become the meal?ie spuds ,meat veg n gravy ....bisto gravy!!

pauly ..you n everyone else is entitled to your opinion ..I saw your post on the other fred...its enbeedee ....saw the pic of Louie on the bike ...cool where was that taken?so you have had mucho foodo?have a great day ..

hiya tt great to hear that you are feeling a bit better today..sorry bout the shoulder take it you have tried heat and cold on it?

right peeps ..gotta go .....have a good one

and for a laugh

YouTube

My son has just come home carrying a sofa and an arm chair. He said, "Someone has just given me these." So I've grounded him. I've warned him about accepting suites from strangers.

My wife just called me a lazy git. Cheeky cow, it took me an hour to take the Christmas tree down this morning.

I came home from the pub four hours late last night.
    "Where the fck have you been?" Screamed my wife.
    I said, "I've been playing poker with some blokes."
    "Playing poker with some blokes?" She repeated. "Well, you can pack your bags and go!"
    "So can you," I said. "This isn't our house anymore."

have a read at this scandalous story..

Mystery American dementia sufferer Roger Curry found wandering quiet English village ‘was dumped by OWN wife and son’ in a car park without any id
    Last edited by Mick; January 30, 2017, 04:46 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mick, your jokes are so funny, especially first thing in the morning. Thanks, good start to my day.

Everyone, have a good AF Monday, in the US, let's keep protesting and get that idiot out of the White House if we can. Have a good one.

Comment

Morning all
      thanks for the brew Mick. Pretty amazing the era of your finds.
      how do Snoopy? trouble with getting one of the bozos out is the replacement ain't any better.

so a rather bumpy weekend in the US of A. I'd come home from work and more BS happens and then Quebec last night.

woke up to a couple of inches of snow this morning, had no idea that was in the cards, pretty though.

been in the mountains this weekend, love 'vying in the winter!

IMG_2118.jpg

Be well friends
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,love the poker joke hubs took that pic of Lou,he's a horrible cameraman! Just cracks me up that Louie will not peddle even though he's had his trike for two years and we've tried to teach him oh well, I didn't really have a real opinion on politics when he was elected I thought-give him a chance,well its only been a week and chaos has ensued I agree with Sam on the other bozo too,was dizzy again yesterday but it doesn't seem to be bugging me today,that a good thing especially at work, much love to all and I wish everyone a positive AF Monday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. 127!!! Wow How did the Muppet show go today. Is your friend still there? Yup, I've heard of the big Yorkshire puddings with everything in them. I'm one of those picky eaters, have to eat everything individually. LOL

Snoop...hope you had a great AF Monday. What would Saturday Night Live do if they got rid of Trump. LOL

Sam...nice pic. The snow can be really beautiful especially where you live. It's trying to rain/snow here, could feel the ice crystals on my face coming home tonight.

Pauly...glad to hear you weren't feeling dizzy today. Do you keep an eye on your blood pressure?

Well confession time, I cheated! Stopped at A&W for burgers on the way home. Boycotting doing dishes tonight.
          Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Glad to report I survived the root canal & saved the tooth, yay! Especially because the tooth is pretty close to the front & I don't especially think the jack-o-lantern look is good for a female my age, ha ha!

Mick, sorry you didn't find any special pieces this weekend. I guess it was someone else's turn?
            I'm not due back to the dentist until July for a 6 month cleaning
            Tomorrow we get to hear Trump's pick to fill an empty seat on the Supreme Court. I can just imagine what bozo he's going to pick. The RESISTANCE grows larger & stronger every day!!!!

Hi there Star & Sam. I guess you made it up the mountain OK Sam

Pauly, I think Louie might be more inclined to start pedaling if he was on a level surface. I've been thru the same thing with my grandkids. They like my driveway because it's long & flat, ha ha!

PQ, I hope the burgers were delicious! You deserve a break too!

Sad about the shooting in Quebec. I guess there is no truly safe space anymore. Damn nutheads & damn guns.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a peaceful night!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well ABeroos, it's a dire time here. Dx has announced that she's leaving me for good so I'm in emotional and mental turmoil. I just don't know what I'm going to do with myself, except try to be healthy and keep my chin up. Married for 19 years.... I just don't know what to think.

Folks, don't let politics ruin your life, it's not worth it. Left or right politicians look out for themselves and their donors, not us. And the pendulum will swing the other way before you know it. left, right, repeat.

Lav, Quebec has draconian gun laws, so it's hard to say this is any different from drug laws. If someone is willing they will get what they want. It's not the tool, it's the intent (case in point being truck killings like that in France). It's behaviour and belief. It's a hard one for sure and I have no easy answers. I'm a responsible shooting enthusiast and these things drive me bonkers as they tend to cast shame inappropriately on folks like me which is wrong.

so my retirement plan is toast, I don't know where I'll be in a year, I'm just in a state of extremely uncomfortable flux. I must meditate a lot on such things. My poor heart is breaking so bad. I'm sorry to be a downer, I'm just unloading a bit.

be well my loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X