Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuesday

morning folks how are we doing?all ok quick brew

Det now is the time to get your shit together mate..you dont give up on 19 years jist like that ..unless you want to and it sounds pretty much like you dont...I defo aint the worlds best counsellor,but methinks you need to sit down n find out why hows and wherefores about all of this...dont walk away..this aint the time for walking away or pissing it up the wall...its time to try and put things in order.this is where you need to stand up and be counted friend ..not the booze,no time to hide in that bottle buddy.be open ,honest with the lady,and see what you can do to save your marriage..Leave the booze..prove that you can..yep thats easy to say I know..but its probably the one thing that you could do to come up trumps..wrong choice of word I know but ...stay cool .stay calm ..and stay sober...I know this post sounds a bit "unsentimental?" but you have gotta give it a go mate..
    If you want to pm me please do...I honestly dont want to know your business ,but if I can help in any way just pm me..

keep strong,have faith.

:hug:
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

A woman called our airline customer-service desk asking if she could take her dog on board.

“Sure,” I said, “as long as you provide your own kennel.” I further explained that the kennel needed to be large enough for the dog to stand up, sit down, turn around, and roll over.

The customer was flummoxed:I’ll never be able to teach him all of that by tomorrow!”

A Canadian psychologist is selling a video that teaches you how to test your dog’s IQ. Here’s how it works: If you spend $12.99 for the video, your dog is smarter than you.

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It’s hardly ever for them.

After a talking sheepdog gets all the sheep in the pen, he reports back to the farmer: “All 40 accounted for.”

“But I only have 36 sheep,” says the farmer.

“I know,” says the sheepdog. “But I rounded them up.”

“Poor Old fool,” thought the well-dressed gentleman as he watched an old man fish in a puddle outside a pub. So he invited the old man inside for a drink. As they sipped their whiskeys, the gentleman thought he’d humor the old man and asked, “So how many have you caught today?”

The old man replied, “You’re the eighth.”

In the hardware store, a clerk asked, “Can I help you find anything?”

“How about my misspent youth,” joked my husband.

The clerk shot back, “We keep that in the back, between world peace and winning lottery tickets.”

Some guy knocked on my door just now and said, "I have a parcel for your next door neighbour."
    I said, "you've got the wrong house then mate."

"You're going to have to change the ringtone on your phone," my wife said to me.
    "What's wrong with The Final Countdown?" I said. "You know I love that song."
    "You work in a Nursing Home for fck sake!" She replied.

Kids are ungrateful.
    Apparently this isn't a real transformer.

15747789_1285869711480449_2224527255516645437_n (1).jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Oh Det, I am so sorry, please feel free to post, we are here for support. :hug::hug::hug:

Comment

morning all
        Det, so sorry to read your news, perhaps a cooling off period and reconciliation? Please whatever you do, don't dive down the bottle rabbit hole. You are worth a whole lot more than that.

Lav, didn't realize you were doing the toof thing. Hope all is better.

Morning Snoopy, how's all in your world?

waves to you Pauly (loved the banana hair facsimile), PQ, how's winter treating you?

off to it friends
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Det,what happened?!? Has this been brewing or is it out of the blue? Was the drinking a factor? I'm so sorry please do not drink over this,I think for people like us we think its the perfect excuse but this is the one time you need to be stronger than ever! I'm here for you too,I'm sorry if my questions were nosy,I'm just shocked and sad for you and I'll admit a bit worried. Sam,I laughed my arse off at the bolony Trump haha,Mick,thanks for the jokes yesterday I had drinking fantasies out of the blue for the first time since I quit,I think I'm upset over how the world is behaving,especially after Balonyman took office,I'm sad cuz I wish Bobbi still lived here,I wish Michelle was still here,just everything, sometimes I hafta stop myself and do an internal slap across the face when those thoughts hit"what are you thinking!?!" Its not what I want at all,I know I wouldn't have fun,I know I'd get sick,have horrendous sleep,probably screw up my wisdom tooth hole,and then I lose another week of my life to alcohol and let it win again, gross,anyways much love to all and I hope we all have an easy Tuesday(I need one)
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi folks
            Det you have lots of good advice here and I agree, don't give up. Not drinking and showing you will stop must be crucial in this. Would rehab make a difference plus allow you and Dex to have a separation? Maybe that's not possible. Would counselling for both of you help?
            Sorry Pauly about your missing family but as I said elsewhere don't drink.
            Lav - how's the mouth. That's quite a procedure.
            Hi there Mick, Snoop, Sam, Pie and others.
            Today is a tough day for me - dealing with legal type shit and it's pretty grim. Not feeling very strong mentally.
            Anyway just have to do it I guess.

Comment

Det, we go back a long way together. DX was your soulmate and nursed you through the worst of your withdrawls. If drinking is still the problem, she might have had her share of disappointment. I had a pm from her once and it was so loving of you.

Maybe booze isn't the problem, not sure. What troubles me is now you'll get into the bottle and there will be no-one there for you, because you do get very sick. What motivation will you use now to stay sober. I am very, very sad about this. Can you turn it around.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...I agree with all the advice given so far. Thinking of you and hope you can work things out. :hug:

Mick...thanks for starting us off. Haven't had time to read the jokes but I'm home now and dinner will take an hour so will get to it.

Snoop...I totally agree. Det post away, the more the better.

Sam...winter has returned. Snow today and temps have dropped but it's still January. I think we're in for an early spring, one can hope.

Pauly...I'm worried about Det too. All we can do is be here for him. Glad you got past the drinking fantasies. Right? You do tend to take everything very personally. I know how it feels to miss your children, it's hard. After you slap yourself get out your gratitude list!

TTops...good to see you. Sorry you're dealing with legal shit, it can be very overwhelming, I know! Yup, you just gotta suck it up and do it. There will be a light at the end of the tunnel no matter what. Be good to yourself.

Pi...did you give the roast a try?

Been reworking my budget and cancelled most of my TV channels. Just really wanted to watch the news now I'm thinking that can go too.
                Hope you all have a peaceful evening.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Det, I am very sorry about your news.
                  We will all be here for support, please don't forget. I really want to see you stay healthy, no matter what :hug:

Mick, thanks for the startup & the brew!
                  Hello to Sam, SnoopStar, SK, Pauly, PQ & to you TT! I sure hope your legal stuff isn't too overwhelming.

I have been having a horrible time trying to sleep since the inauguration. Nightmare after nightmare every night - annoying.
                  I just hope he self-destructs sooner rather than later.

Hello to anyone else stopping by.
                  Be well everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thank you ABerooos from the bottom of my hurting heart.

Thankfully, somehow I'm AF happy to say. whew! just have to keep that up and do the right things. I've suggested counseling many times but no takers sadly. She's just done with living with a depressive/addictive person and i can't say I blame her. That being said I'm fighting to keep this marriage as she's truly the love of my life. In fact we both love each other dearly, I'm just hard to live with.

My head is all a spin. Retirement plan and other long range plans are toast... have to start over in so many ways. Just trying to stay calm. Boy if I ever need a lot of meditation it's now.

be well loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det...glad to hear you're AF. You've got enough on your plate right now. Try not to focus on the future the now is where you need to be. Perhaps TTops suggestion of rehab or some type of mental health therapy would help. Maybe you need to talk instead of meditate? Just my thoughts and don't mean to offend. Just take care of yourself, you're going through a really rough time right now. :heartbeat:

Comment

Stick close, Det.
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                        X