the day of poets is here..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the day of poets is here..

good morning world ...and how are we all doing today then ?we are getting ready for storm Dora...sounds like a finding Nemo stunt ,but it really blowing a bit out there..as I saw somewhere else,a blankie day....ok so lets start with a brew......

good mornin snoops...how are you today then?thanks for the comments,I try when Im doing things,I actually enjoy doing things like that,not the tidiest worker in the world,but tidy after..read ypur post a couple of times ..you sound very positive in your af outlook..you hold the key to it all,and you will do it...Spring starts officially Mar 21st I think..with whats gone on and the weather havent done too much in the garden ..Ive usually got tomatoes peppers etc seeded up by now ,so need to get my skates on...

Does anyone want to buy these?
    Unopened.
    Bought in error.
    I live at number 45.

15338821_1263939077006846_2518583295608256301_n.jpg

hiya Det how are hyou today gthen mate?how are things ?is Dx still there?mebbe this is the boot in the bum you need to ko the booze forever..I hope it all works well mate...as for the car alarm going off..did anyone rush out to see what was happpenin?nope..the alarms purpose is to alert folks when someone is trying to have their car away....hmm that works not..all it does is annoy the neighbours..mebbes the car companies need a different kind of alarm?keep it together mate ..keep trying the fat lady is still singing!!

I'm in hospital! Dont Panic! I ate what I thought was an onion, but it was a daffodill bulb! Doctors say I'll be out in the Spring.

hiya pauly ..hows you feeling today then ?isnt it strange how much easier it is to think yourself into a downer than upper?or maybe thats me...hows the work krew goin?they still whining?

Young Paddy bought a donkey from a farmer for £100.
    The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. The next day he drove up and said, 'Sorry son, but I have some bad news.
    The donkey's died.'
    Paddy replied, 'Well then just give me my money back.' The farmer said, 'Can't do that. I've already spent it.' Paddy said, 'OK, then, just bring me the dead donkey.' The farmer asked, 'What are you going to do with him?' Paddy said, 'I'm going to raffle him off.'
    The farmer said, 'You can't raffle a dead donkey!'
    Paddy said, 'Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead.'
    A month later, the farmer met up with Paddy and asked, ' What happened with that dead donkey?'
    Paddy said, 'I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at £2 each and made a profit of £898'
    The farmer said, 'Didn't anyone complain?'
    Paddy said, 'Just the guy who won, so I gave
    him his £2 back....

mornin ppqp...hows you then?well did you get the telly package sorted out?if you get it all on puter then I would defo bin it all...whats the latest at work?you still doing good?what are you doing weekend ?any plans ?

Apparently clumsy people are more likely to be obese.
    That's because they keep walking into things like fcking McDonalds.

hiya Lav hows you today then?sounds like you are not only busy but keeping everyone else busy too!!go for it...time for a relaxing brew ..what do the dogs think of the new rug?

An young man and his date were parked on a back road some distance from town. After sex the girl said, "I really should have mentioned this earlier, but I'am actually a hooker, and I charge $100 for what we just did."
    The man retorted, "And I should have mentioned this before, but I'am actually a taxi driver, and the fare back to town is $200."

right folks now thats mixed the fred up a bit....big hiya to everyone out there...have a great weekend
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning Mick and as you will have surmised, tis Poets' Evening here. Good luck with the storm.
    Well here is something a bit different on the political front - Conservative and Labour politicians in the UK banding together (in a fashion) to counteract the effects of alcoholism. I am not saying that us alkies may be the solution to world peace and love, but it does show how issues cut-across politics and ethnicity, class, gender, religion etc. Imagine being a Muslim alcoholic in many Muslim communities? It happens and I imagine this would be extra-awful. Here is the link

Conservative minister pledges new strategy to help children of alcoholics | Society | The Guardian

Yes, Det it is good to see you post here and while this is not the wake-up call you need - you have to do your damned best to save your marriage, your life (and world peace and love while you are at it! - although I disagree on the guns!!!).

My daughter was wearing a particularly beautiful late 60s-early 70s retro dress - long, flowery and colorful and she just, well she looks so gorgeous, young, healthy and vibrant. Long golden brown hair and a big smile. No - she is not on drugs!!

Be good other folks and see you tomorrow,

Comment

Quick post I woke up late, hello to all and let's have an AF Friday for sure.

Det, sending you encouragement, you can stay AF! We are all on this journey and sometimes something just clicks and we move forward and never look back!

Have a good one.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,works been ok I just ignore the b.s loved the donkey joke and the hooker joke.Det,I'm in agreement with the others,glad you're here posting and keeping positive TT,you sound so proud of your baby girl I wish I would have kept my moms dresses from the 70's I used to dress up in them as a kid and feel cool,mom thought she was Miss Disco so she had a lot of nice stuff in that style plus the long floral gauzy dresses,hubs is acting weird again, we got into it last night over his job and his back pain,I don't know what he's thinking,trying to change jobs again or something, I think he should stick where he's at and just take it easier,not rock the boat especially if we dunno if the economy is gonna tank,we have too many bills for that shit! He used to do his own handyman thing back in the day with a focus on plumbing, it made me nervous then and it makes me nervous now,I think he's hinting around to that, I need to detach.where's Pie? Haven't seen you in days,much love to all and I hope everyone has a great AF Friday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Aloha Friday ABerooos,

yawn...cold coffee from yesterday as I await the fresh brew. Looking forward to an AF weekend even if we are destined
          for more rain and snow. A couple of winterscapes as promised last night:

TT, we both agree on wanting world peace as well as seeing an end to pointless political bickering

see you all tonight for the after work wrap up.

be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Beautiful pics Det I too drink old coffee from the day before waiting for the new brew haha
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE. Det, your photography is extraordinary. You captured the snowflakes on top of the snow! Also the grasses in the first one appear so individual, great job! Proud of you for being sober.

Pauly, my mom was a ballroom dancer and I used to love seeing her get dressed for dancing - I was in charge of the back zipper, lol.

Lav, great that yb is busy. Husband took early retirement and it's a good thing I didn't have a gun, lol.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL....it's a blizzard out there! Started snowing around noon and is supposed to keep going all weekend. Books and couch for me. :yay:

Mick...storm Dora sounds worse than what we're going through here. You stay safe. Work is actually going great! New boss was left with a mess to try to sort out. Think old boss wanted me to get the job so he didn't have to admit how dysfunctional he had become towards the end. Although it gets busy and sometimes there's fires to put out there is no stress or tension. What a difference.

TT...had a quick look at the link, looks interesting. Will go back and read the whole thing, thanks.

Snoop...hope you had a good day.

Pauly...oh no...not another job change for hubs. You just went through that. Been thinking of Pi too. Hope she didn't burn the house down cooking the roast.

Det...great pics. I really wish you could figure out a way to make a living with your photography. I sense it makes you calm and happy while out snapping away.

SK...I had a gun and it's a good thing I divorced my hub before he retired. LOL

Lav...gotta say leftovers always taste better than the first go around. I tried sewing window treatments once and that was enough for me. LOL

Looking forward to my bookathon weekend. Everyone stay safe out there.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Mick, another storm over your way? Good luck!
                  Make a big bowl of popcorn & stay put with your blankie

We spent another 2 hours with the finance guy today & I think we are on the right track. We have managed to save a fair amount of money over these past 40+ years, lost some in the 2008 recession but we have made it up. Now I want to be sure it's safe if another disaster occurs due to the sh*t happening in Washington.
                  Tomorrow I am meeting up with a friend for a quick lunch then running to my daughter's to drop off some of my homemade non-dairy mozzarella & pizza dough. Turns out my granddaughter inherited my dairy intolerance, poor kid. This way my daughter can bake pizzas for her to enjoying while everyone else has regular pizza. Oh boy!

Hi there TT, SnoopStar & Pauly!
                  Love the pictures Det - very nice

SK, this is YB's second & last retirement & he's been put on notice, ha ha!!!

PQ, stay warm up there! We still haven't had a big storm yet this winter, ugh. It will get here when it gets here I guess.

Wishing everyone a peaceful & cozy night!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X